Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

does anyone besides me collect cards from sports they do not like?

i cannot stand football but i love the old cards...am i the only one?
my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2

Comments

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I like every sport, so no image. Heck, since I've been out of work I've been watching English Premier League soccer every morning. I was up at 8am to watch Chelsea and Man U this morning. If I could buy John Terry and Wayne Rooney Rookies I would right now LOL.

• << <i>i cannot stand football but i love the old cards...am i the only one? >>

You admitted that??? Gutsiest move I ever saw man.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭✭
    I used to not watch baseball (i'm not crazy about it now but I do enjoy it), and I primarily collected vintage baseball cards.
    John

funny thing is, 99% of the cards I collect I have never seen that athlete in action. hardly even highlights for the vast majority.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Like all sports, collect all sports.

Though out of curiosity, why do you not like football?? Even though I am years out of college (don't ask!!) I still enjoy going back to Michigan State for Saturday tailgating and a game on a nice fall day.
  • TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Good topic. I have cards from all 4 major sports. However, I am not a big basketball or hockey fan. Though, I primarily collect 70's and 80's basketball when I did enjoy the game.

As far as hockey goes, I have never been a huge fan. I just have a passing interest and like to go to the Buffalo Sabres games. I rarely watch them on T.V. However, I like 70's and early 80's hockey cards because those were the cards my brother collected when I was a kid. Right now, I am working on getting 10 tops PSA graded cards from the 1971 set. I always loved the design. So far I have Hull and Phil Esposito in PSA 8. I don't see myself ever getting too seriously into hockey cards unless my kids want to.
  • BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    I got some old hockey and I can't even tell you what a blue line is.....................all i know is there is one......
    1964 Topps Football
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I have a couple of Anna Kournikova and Maria Sharapova cards. Not sure what the hell sport they play. Don't really care. They're HOT.
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭
    Is that Ray Bourque a proof??
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The Bourque is worthless, the puck has been scratched off!!image
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>The Bourque is wothless, the puck has been scratched off!!image >>

LOL! Topps is strange!

rd
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I have built two and almost completed a third basketball registry set and I can't stand to watch the sport anymore. Now back in the day with Larry Legend, Michael, Magic and such, I loved the NBA.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭
    I could care less about hockey but I have some hockey cards. I feel it's not a complete collection without some from the 4 "major" sports... or 3 major sports and hockey too! image

• << <i>I like every sport, so no image. Heck, since I've been out of work I've been watching English Premier League soccer every morning. I was up at 8am to watch Chelsea and Man U this morning. If I could buy John Terry and Wayne Rooney Rookies I would right now LOL. >>

You'd be suprised at the prices of modern soccer card - I can't afford most. The great thing is there is no glut of any of these products - 1 set per year.

But suprisingly, some of the vintage stuff on American sites are still unbelieveably cheap. (probably not after thay read this - LOL)

I used to get 1901 cards for less than $10.00 - but not for long.

Enjoy those games !
  • I do not collect football cards anymore, but if I was tempted it would be like these

eTopps Allen & Ginter Super Bowl
  • i like vintage football but i am not a huge fan of the sport unless its playoff time. Old hockey card are cool even though its not a sport these days :0) bunch of softies with helmets.
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I actually own dozens of Dale Earnhart cards and some pit pass autographs from various drivers and I aboslutely cannot stand NASCAR

I own buttloads of NBA stuff and although most cards are pre-2000, when the NBA wasnt a rehab job for thugs.

Whats funny is that I own multiple Tennis, Soccer, Bowling and Golf rookies, which is kind of out of the mainstream

Gotta love those soccer cards of Ronaldo, Ronaldhino, Kaka
    Tennis rookies of Agassi, Anna
    Bowling-Tons of Pete Weber cards

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I actually own dozens of Dale Earnhart cards and some pit pass autographs from various drivers and I aboslutely cannot stand NASCAR >>

This guy is gladly taking all of your free and unwanted Dale Earnhardt cards. image

• My interest level in the big 4 sports is about 40% of what it was. I haven't seen a hockey game in years...since Gretzky retired, lol. But I still like 80's hockey cards, out of nostalgia.

The NBA....except for the lakers/celtics, and maybe a few other teams...very little interest or desire to watch it.

Modern baseball after 94....almost no interest.

Football after Marino, Elway, Montana...not much interest.

But still like the cards, check ebay. It's still fun buying packs (just bought some 86 Topps football, 85 Topps football, 88 Fleer basketball). So the card collecting carries on...
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I own buttloads of NBA stuff and although most cards are pre-2000, when the NBA wasnt a rehab job for thugs.

>>

I would argue that the NBA has equal or less thuggery than the NFL.

edited to add: In fact, 100% of the NBA players I have met have been courteous and well spoken. Not really keywords of the thug life.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • i used to collect all sports until the early to mid 90's. i quit collecting for a while due to living in Europe. but now its 99.8% baseball. once in a blue moon i'll hit up some football.
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009