Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Just sitting here watching the 1992 NFC Championship game...

drinking a few beers, cropping and uploading some scans. The game in it's entirety is on the dvd set Perkdog sent me...Thanks Paul image

A few things come to mind

1. Sorry Niner fans, the Cowboys still won image

2. The sod god, George Toma really did a great job getting that rain soaked field ready for the game. That guy sure knew what he was doing.

3. Watching the Cowboys play back then really was a thing of beauty to behold. Something I haven't seen from them in looooooooooong time.

4. You can't stop Emmitt Smith

5. Alvin Harper's circus catch off the Niner db's head....AWESOME!

6. The Niners suck.

Please discuss

edit: Emmitt just scored again image

Beer = Good!

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    keep that dvd close by because if you want to watch them in the playoffs again this year you'll need it.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    lol

This year will be different. Remember, you heard it here first!
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    maybe if ya got staubach/harris/and stole mean joe green and jack lambert-(he was a monster) from their houses, ya could have a emmitt party
    Thanks Paul

<thanx paul>
    <thanx paul>
    <thanx paul> <----echoimage

<< <i>image >>

The Cowboy Hating world will soon shed a tear under their bed..LOL
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear your enjoying the DVD Matt image

I remember back in the early to mid 1990's when the Cowboys, Niner's and the Pack were the best teams in Football- great games and alot of fun to watch. Other than my Patriots being awful those were some great football years.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The Cowboys had to wait until Joe Montana was off the field before they could start winning again.

At least the 9ers don't torture their fans with illusions of victory these days.

The anguish of Cowboy fans.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
    Thanks Paul

<thanx paul>
    <thanx paul>
    <thanx paul> <----echo

my echo is funny dammit,took me 13 seconds to think of itimage

<< <i>

At least the 9ers don't torture their fans with illusions of victory these days >>

You are right about that image

• UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭
    What a coincidence.

I'm sitting here watching the Detroit Lions highlights video from the last twenty years and it only shows Barry Sanders and Jason Hanson.

BTW, the Lions suck.
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
    lol

Barry deserved way better!
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    mt's pick - Dallas beats the ex-Browns, then if the game matters, puts down the Pigeons in Philly and heads to the playoffs to return the favor to the gun toting, leg shooting Giants from NY.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • lol.
    good one goose.

That is as close as the rump riders, ahem, cowboys are gonna get this year. I hope you have an extensive DVD collection of PAST Cowboy greatness.

<< <i>lol.
    good one goose.

That is as close as the rump riders, ahem, cowboys are gonna get this year. I hope you have an extensive DVD collection of PAST Cowboy greatness. >>

In fact I do.....and one more thing newbie......shuddup!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

In fact I do.....and one more thing newbie......shuddup!

image >>

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

The Cowboy Hating world will soon shed a tear under their bed..LOL >>

You have to be good to be hated. Nobody hates my Bills.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • I have heard that many people only hate what they fear. This thread makes that statement obviously true. Everyone might as well jump on the bandwagon that will start rolling strong about 20 hours from now. That is the about the time that the Cowboys of Dallas become victors over the Sparrows of Baltimore by kicking an oblong ball through a big "H".
  • As a Vikes fan, this is usually what I have to look forward to:

Please note Arena League uniforms. Who is responsible for these horrible uniform fads? Enough already.

Stepping off my soap box.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
    Highlight:

Lowlight:
    Oh man....that sucked image

That play denied the Cowboys from scoring the most points ever in any superbowl

Leon Lettimage
  • Guy McIntyre was screwed.....that is what I remember about that game.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Man I was glad when Dallas finally beat the 9ers in the playoffs. I was so sick and tired of hearing about "the catch." I will admit every time I watch Montana scramble to his right I keep hoping that Too Tall will get to him.

Oh, BOOMER SOONER!!!!!
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    whats the beer of choice for an emmitt fan?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>What a coincidence.

I'm sitting here watching the Detroit Lions highlights video from the last twenty years and it only shows Barry Sanders and Jason Hanson.

BTW, the Lions suck. >>

I hate to verge off topic, but this post reminded me that I once had the biggest crush on Jason Hanson's wife. Of course, she wasn't his wife at the time.

I can still remember the rock I felt in my stomach when she told me that they had gotten engaged. And the worst thing was, he was a really nice guy and he was obviously going places so I didn't even feel good about hating the guy.

<< <i>whats the beer of choice for an emmitt fan? >>

Rolling Rock Extra Pale

• << <i>

<< <i>whats the beer of choice for an emmitt fan? >>

Rolling Rock Extra Pale >>

NO WAY!!!!! That's been my favorite beer for almost 16 years. It's really popular in NJ and I tried it when I was stationed at the USCG Training Center in Cape May, NJ. What sucks is they don't sell it a the liquor store in Oklahoma anymore so know I have to drink 3.2 bought from the grocery or convenience stor, or I could drink twice as much. I think it's catching on here because I had try two stores before I found one that still had some on the shelf.
    gotta go dark to get your moneys worth he he
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Sevendust
    anything with a label and words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    , i ve saw genaric beer can with BEER wrote on can and box too , about as good as ed koch's (golden anniversary) remembers how great it was lol - about 1$ a 12 pack though in those day
    mickeys big mouthsimage
    they are gettin hard to find anymore
    i miss black label and ripple,still got papst blue ribbon in a few places
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

The Cowboy Hating world will soon shed a tear under their bed..LOL >>

Matt , This will not apply to me.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guy McIntyre was screwed.....that is what I remember about that game. >>

If he doesn't hold Young probably doesn't complete the pass to Rice. The pressure was coming right up the middle and McIntyre got beat.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>drinking a few beers, cropping and uploading some scans. The game in it's entirety is on the dvd set Perkdog sent me...Thanks Paul image

A few things come to mind

1. Sorry Niner fans, the Cowboys still won image

2. The sod god, George Toma really did a great job getting that rain soaked field ready for the game. That guy sure knew what he was doing.

3. Watching the Cowboys play back then really was a thing of beauty to behold. Something I haven't seen from them in looooooooooong time.

4. You can't stop Emmitt Smith

5. Alvin Harper's circus catch off the Niner db's head....AWESOME!

6. The Niners suck.

Please discuss

edit: Emmitt just scored again image

Beer = Good! >>

Another game where Smith did very well rushing and receiving. The Harper catch was amazing and was followed by Martins fantastic goal line reception.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Mickeys Big Mouth, Hell yeah! I haven't had one of those in awhile. Shafer and Black Label was the cheapest beer goin' when I was a teenager. And don't forget Boone's Farm.
    +1 for Mickeys and gas station coolers image
    they still crank out boones farm, alot of diff flavors now, some nasty, some good, i forgot about schaffers, shlitz was goodimage
    Nowadays it's all natty light natty light natty light, bud light if you feel like splurging... blue moon or a boulevard if someone else is buying image

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
    somebody else is always buying for rubeimage
  • 94 (or 81) championship game was better.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    when I want to watch my football team playing great championship ball I only have to go back to 2002. What color were the Cowgirls unis back them Matt?

Sincerely,
    Recent Times

• << <i>when I want to watch my football team playing great championship ball I only have to go back to 2002. What color were the Cowgirls unis back them Matt?

Sincerely,
    Recent Times >>

Sherbert Swashbucklers

<< <i>when I want to watch my football team playing great championship ball I only have to go back to 2002. What color were the Cowgirls unis back them Matt?

Sincerely,
    Recent Times >>

Actually Kevin, they are the same colors as they are today. In fact if I want to, I can go back and pick from 5 different Superbowl championships to view.

Sincerely,

Yucs Fan Will Never Be Able To Say This

ps: 2002 was a looooooong time ago as well. Too bad Gruden got rid of all the talent Dungy had on the team. Every year since he took Dungy's prepackaged playoff team to the SB, he got what he deserves. A front row seat for the superbowl, from the comfort of his own couch..LOL!

• Move it to the Sports Talk forum ladies.image
    Tonya

<< <i>Move it to the Sports Talk forum ladies.image >>

Don't you have some laundry or dishes to do?

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Move it to the Sports Talk forum ladies.image >>

Don't you have some laundry or dishes to do?

image >>

LMAO
  • No comments from anyone? Come on, that 1978 highlights card never gets old. image
  • I just watched SB 13 on nfl channel.they had the whole game on and the STEELERS won again!image jUST THOUGHT I'D share THAT!

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.