Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Worst PSA 10 corner EVER!

Worst PSA 10 corner EVER! And, on a Reggie White PC no less. The PSA grader must have had quite a night prior to him grading this card the next day. Why can't I ever time my submissions around their night life?

Are you kidding me?

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    That's not a corner ding, that's part of the white stripe on the card's background. Has to be.
  • Are you talking about the upper left hand corner ?

If so, isn't that just the white stripe in the card
  • 1st. how much does a nice raw Minty copy go for? $10?
    2nd, the upper left corner isnt a ding its a yard line stripe thats part of the card.
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it is the stripe. At first glance is looked like somebody's pet ferret took a bit out of the corner.

bite that is.

I guess I won't be quitting my day job and applying for the next PSA grader open position.

I completely missed that being the stripe. Time for lasik.

• Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Nah, it looks fine to me. I know what you mean by deceptive appearances though. I have a PSA 10 (1st one graded) of a '91 Desert Storm Roger Clemens. The back of the card has what looks like a minor ding in one of the corners. Upon close inspection with a magnifying glass, it's not a ding at all, but rather a fiber from the paper pulp that just happens to be at the corner's edge.
  • jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    A little bit of trivia: The 1986 Topps football set inspired the name for the band The White Stripes. image
  • "The 1986 Topps football set inspired the name for the band The White Stripes"

Liar lol.

"Red, white and black, the band's signature colors, are, according to Jack, "the most powerful color combination of all time, from a Coca-Cola can to a Nazi banner." These colors permeate the duo's distinctive wardrobe and album artwork. In some interviews, the group has said that the colors red and white refer to peppermint candy, a symbol of childhood innocence. "
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Even if the top left corner was soft does anyone here think that card would be the 'worse PSA 10 ever'?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • steve, answering that question may get you banned lol.
    lol I was going to say....I've seen worse. but then I back spaced.

Steve
    Good for you.

<< <i>Even if the top left corner was soft does anyone here think that card would be the 'worse PSA 10 ever'?

Steve >>

Steve if that hadn't been a stripe, it honestly look like a rodent chewed off most of the corner, so I would unequivocally answer "yes" to your posed question. However, I'm sure somebody on here has seen one worse--I just haven't seen it.

Perhaps one from 4SQ's inventory.

Dan, even if the corner was not a stripe it certainly does not appear that it is missing or chewed. (or bit by a ferret)

Stop exxagerating.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Nice looking card....wish I could get one for around $200 (Yes, I am not being realistic, but that is about the most I would pay.)
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • '86 football are tough.

There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess I won't be quitting my day job and applying for the next PSA grader open position.

I completely missed that being the stripe. Time for lasik. >>

Actually, judging by some of the grades Ive seen given recently, YOU are the next guy they hire
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Looking at the seller tells me all I need to know about this card, and its PSA 10 grade!
  • Consignments=Dr. Tuttle correct??
    What's the issue with "consignmints"?

• dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What's the issue with "consignmints"? >>

I'd like to know as well, what's the story on them?

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Consignmints= Dr. Tuttle

He's using multiple EBAY names as well, I made a purchase a couple weeks ago and didnt even realize it was him until I sent paypal and got my receipt.

There isnt an issue with Consignmints, although its very well known that A. Tuttle's brother acquires uncut sheets of 84 Topps FB and has them laser cut, then sent off to BGS for grading. Consignmints and others are acting as the distribution arm on these cards and are flooding the market with BGS 9.5 Elway and Marino RC's. Check out what the pricing has done on BGS 9.5 Marino and Elway Rookies. You can pick either card up now in BGS 9.5 grade for $250!
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Consignmints= Dr. Tuttle

He's using multiple EBAY names as well, I made a purchase a couple weeks ago and didnt even realize it was him until I sent paypal and got my receipt.

There isnt an issue with Consignmints, although its very well known that A. Tuttle's brother acquires uncut sheets of 84 Topps FB and has them laser cut, then sent off to BGS for grading. Consignmints and others are acting as the distribution arm on these cards and are flooding the market with BGS 9.5 Elway and Marino RC's. Check out what the pricing has done on BGS 9.5 Marino and Elway Rookies. You can pick either card up now in BGS 9.5 grade for $250! >>

Thanks, I remember you mentioning the laser cut 84's before.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.