Home Precious Metals
Options

I am calling the ball!

DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
DOW will hit a low at 6879.88 before turning around.

You heard it here first. image

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC

Comments

• Options
    Naaa, 7,580 at the lowest or 8,500 first
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Course it's later now & the markets will open in an hr or so… I've seen the Asian market data so call me an optimist... I predict a big rally today! image
    Dow will close above 10,000! (or close to it)
    (Of course that means half will be taken back tomorrow on profit taking)
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    I like 6789.10 better!
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    are you "trapping" your guess today, DUIGUY?
  • Options
    I think stocks will rally soon. we're due for a dead cat bounce.
  • Options
    Wow, there went Dow 9000.
  • Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608

<< <i>I think stocks will rally soon. we're due for a dead cat bounce. >>

I thought the same thing this morning and went long. I just dumped for a big loss. Yikes!

Be careful out there.
  • Options

<< <i>

I thought the same thing this morning and went long. I just dumped for a big loss. Yikes!

Be careful out there. >>

We are now officially in crash mode. Today's wash out really surprised me. I thought bounce for sure.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Be careful out there. >>

We are now officially in crash mode. Today's wash out really surprised me. I thought bounce for sure. >>

i was thinking something would stop the landslide, this drop today was bigger than the 780(?) drop % wise of a few days ago?? or pretty close

it gives me a quesy feeling.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    It won't be done until all of the folks on margin are bankrupt.
  • Options
    The Government needs to shut down WallStreet long enough to come up with a viable solution to this disaster in the making!
    They closed it on 9-11 and after the dust settled we were back in business.
    GOT GOLD!
    Audentes fortuna juvat
  • Options
    I see the DOW hitting 6000 and perhaps a bit less.

I doubt it will stop there, less than 5000 will come in time.

Got silver?
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may take a year or two, or even three, but we'll see 4500-6500 Dow before it's all done. But I'm sort of expecting a bounce shortly maybe back to 10,000. There are no further manipulations that the FED or Wall Street can do from here to make this end better. The longer they play around and tweak things, the longer the pain will last and the more it will hurt. The time for action was years ago.

With the Dow at 8500 and gold at $912 we just officially fell into single digits on the "useless" Dow/gold ratio....now at 9.4. Recall that we started out around 50:1 back in 2001-2002. The end result will be something close to 1:1 to 3:1.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>It may take a year or two, or even three, but we'll see 4500-6500 Dow before it's all done. But I'm sort of expecting a bounce shortly maybe back to 10,000. There is no further manipulations that the FED or Wall Street can do from here to make this end better. The longer they play around and tweak things, the longer the pain will last and the more it will hurt. The time for action was years ago.

With the Dow at 8500 and gold at $912 we just officially fell into single digits on the "useless" Dow/gold ratio....now at 9.4. Recall that we started out around 50:1 back in 2001-2002. The end result will be something close to 1:1 to 3:1.

roadrunner >>

RR, the end result will be 1:1, IMO.

Whether the DOW is at 3,000 or 6,000 doesn't really matter.

Gold will be at the same level and may be more than the DOW at some point in time.

The longer the FED plays with this, the longer the pain will go on.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Just sent my crystal ball into the shop, damn thing doesn't work at all....
    Was hoping we'd have a good day.

Well anyhow, how rude of me: Welcome all to the Greater Depression.
    Hope you’re all taking notes so we can tell our grand kids about this
    for the next 50 years image

If we make it...

Once the markets hit bottom the layoffs will be grabbing the headlines.
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Let us not get too pessimistic here.

While I believe that the DOW will reach

7000, it will remain erratic and spastic for

the rest of o8 and midway into 09. Earning

of the DOW and other stocks will drop

significantly meaning that 7000 will not be

a bargain compared to earnings. The next

President in the first 100 days hopefully will

be prepared to do the following:

Reinstitute all protective language, as to banks, stocks
    reinsurance companies.

Limit the use of exotic financial instruments in cooperation
    with other Nations in the seach for economic stability.

Bipartisan approach to fixing SOC Security as well as Medicare.
    With agreement that the solution will not be subject to any partisan
    advantage.

Government partial ownership in corporations essential to National security as
    well as economic security such as the auto Industry. As these giants turn around,
    the gainers will be the American Citizenry.

Regulations, that American Corporations must retain at least 51% control in American
    hands.

Freeze on wage increases for Congress, Executive Branch and cabinet appointees ,for
    a period of two years.

Establish an immediate high level dialog with Russia on all issues outstanding between
    our two Nations in an attempt to resolve that which can be resolved.

Win line item veto power for President over budget as well as earmarks.

Insure sufficient funding for military medical needs and services, in light of the long combat strain
    on our military personnel.

New more equitable tax structure for the Nation

Close offshore tax loopholes

Insure that Government officials are unable to act as lobbyists for a period of 5 y=ears after leaving
    office. This will also include military.

Lobbyists shall not be allowed to hold government positions for at least 5 years after leaving their
    lobbying positions.

Outlaw lobbyists from writing legislation, attending meetings where such legislation is being drafted
    or significantly influencing such legislation while it is being drafted.

Enact legislation licensing lobbyists and levy a special tax of 500,000 dollars per year for each lobbying Firm
    and 10,000 dollars each year for each lobbyist.

Modify bankruptcy law to further protect the average citizen

Reinstitute usury laws, especially as they pertain to credit cards

Limit the fees charged by mutual funds to Fund members and 401K participants.

Dramatically increase Food and Drug Administration funding, personnel and increase inspections of
    foreign food stuffs, medicines and items intended for internal use or for children.

The Directors of all regulatory agencies shall not come from the Industry to be so regulated by the agency
    unless such individual shall have terminated involvement with such industry, for a period of at least 5 yrears.

There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let us not get too pessimistic here.

While I believe that the DOW will reach

7000, it will remain erratic and spastic for

the rest of o8 and midway into 09. Earning

of the DOW and other stocks will drop

significantly meaning that 7000 will not be

a bargain compared to earnings. The next

President in the first 100 days hopefully will

be prepared to do the following:

Reinstitute all protective language, as to banks, stocks
    reinsurance companies.

Limit the use of exotic financial instruments in cooperation
    with other Nations in the seach for economic stability.

Bipartisan approach to fixing SOC Security as well as Medicare.
    With agreement that the solution will not be subject to any partisan
    advantage.

Government partial ownership in corporations essential to National security as
    well as economic security such as the auto Industry. As these giants turn around,
    the gainers will be the American Citizenry.

Regulations, that American Corporations must retain at least 51% control in American
    hands.

Freeze on wage increases for Congress, Executive Branch and cabinet appointees ,for
    a period of two years.

Establish an immediate high level dialog with Russia on all issues outstanding between
    our two Nations in an attempt to resolve that which can be resolved.

Win line item veto power for President over budget as well as earmarks.

Insure sufficient funding for military medical needs and services, in light of the long combat strain
    on our military personnel.

New more equitable tax structure for the Nation

Close offshore tax loopholes

Insure that Government officials are unable to act as lobbyists for a period of 5 y=ears after leaving
    office. This will also include military.

Lobbyists shall not be allowed to hold government positions for at least 5 years after leaving their
    lobbying positions.

Outlaw lobbyists from writing legislation, attending meetings where such legislation is being drafted
    or significantly influencing such legislation while it is being drafted.

Enact legislation licensing lobbyists and levy a special tax of 500,000 dollars per year for each lobbying Firm
    and 10,000 dollars each year for each lobbyist.

Modify bankruptcy law to further protect the average citizen

Reinstitute usury laws, especially as they pertain to credit cards

Limit the fees charged by mutual funds to Fund members and 401K participants.

Dramatically increase Food and Drug Administration funding, personnel and increase inspections of
    foreign food stuffs, medicines and items intended for internal use or for children.

The Directors of all regulatory agencies shall not come from the Industry to be so regulated by the agency
    unless such individual shall have terminated involvement with such industry, for a period of at least 5 yrears. >>

WOW!!! Bear you got yer thinking cap on today!!image
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear, I wanted to add to your list if you don't mind. How about a cap on CEO failure compensation?

Isn't Fishman receiving some $20 million for sinking WAMU?

He didn't actually sink it, it was already sinking, but 2 weeks on the job, WTH.

Scott

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭
    Bear has some great suggestions, but some are unconstitutional.

I disagree with his suggestion that:

"Regulations, that American Corporations must retain at least 51% control in American
    hands."

I don't have a problem with foreign ownership of American corporations. The factories and jobs (hopefully) stay here. American owned corporations have not hesitated to ship jobs overseas.
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great points Bear!!! image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really figured 5 years ago that 9400 would hold.

I'm looking for a rally if these clowns don't decide to have a panic instead.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    The fed will be buying stocks tomorrow or we will be under 7600
    just my guess
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are now officially in crash mode. Today's wash out really surprised me. I thought bounce for sure. >>

Not to be disrespectful, but what tipped you off, the fact that we are 40% off the high set one year ago today.

Unfortunately, I think the worse is still coming. This year is all about Wall Street and Politicians. Next year, 2009, is all about WE THE PEOPLE being laid off. Double digit unemployment. That's when it will get emotional. Riots!? Class Civil War!

Any dead cat bounce should be used to get out. Of course, I can be so glib because I got out (95%) in January 2008. One hundred percent a mere few weeks ago. I got a lot of help from the "..Predictions" thread. But until you actually do go all "in" or in this case all "out," it's tough to go against the herd. It always is and it doesn't ever get easier.

My prediction is somewhere around the time the Dow and gold cross. The part I'm not sure of is in what currency...because we are in a paradigm shift. Fundamentals as we know it don't matter right now.

Of course, this is just a rant of opinion...one of my leftover rights.

Ren
  • Options

<< <i>
    Not to be disrespectful, but what tipped you off, the fact that we are 40% off the high set one year ago today.
    >>

I get it that we've already technically "crashed". I should've clarified that I meant
    a 20% down day is now possible. Maybe they'll shut it down tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bear, once again will you run for president. I still remember your brilliant proposals several months ago and offered my services to you to fly Air Force One and then poof!

Some of your ideas may be unconstitutional but look at what Brand D & R are proposing lately. I sometimes wonder if I landed in Charles de Gaulle.

Ren
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    >>

I get it that we've already technically "crashed". I should've clarified that I meant
    a 20% down day is now possible. Maybe they'll shut it down tomorrow. >>

I agree!image
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not to be disrespectful, but what tipped you off, the fact that we are 40% off the high set one year ago today. >>

We have not even begun to see the bottom of the hole.

Some foreclosure stats from one county in one state;

Forclosure numbers;
    1999- 12,935

2006- 18,916

2007-32,269

2008-43,000

Nation wide , home foreclosure is up 121%
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC