Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Another impatient buyer

Had a buyer buy and pay for an item Thursday night. She is throwing a fit and wanting a refund because the item did not get mailed until this morning.

Comments

• MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Heh...I once had a buyer pay on Monday and wonder why it hadn't arrived (regular mail) on Tuesday (West Coast to East Coast).
  • She told me it is against the law not to ship within 24 hours and that my excuse about Post Offices being closed on Saturdays is a lie as they legally have to be open.
  • Well, I bought a card on Wednesday, payed with paypal asap, and I havent heard a word from him. He still lists, but cant answer my 2 emails. I'm sure I'll get my card (or money back), but its nice when the seller actually replies to you.

It goes both ways

• << <i>She told me it is against the law not to ship within 24 hours and that my excuse about Post Offices being closed on Saturdays is a lie as they legally have to be open. >>

sounds like you got a nutter on your hands
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry this happened to you.
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    You should've shipped last Thursday morning, in anticipation of their winning your auction that night.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I just had a guy as for the DC number before he paid.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    tell the nut you show a good slot where that card cand goimage
    i have people that dont pay me for 2-3 weeks a month, i dont pay any attention, either they pay me or they dont, i dont have time to mess with em ,now i cant even negative them, ebay is greatimage
  • here comes a neg from a wacko
  • jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    If I won an auction on Thursday and paid for it, I wouldn't expect it to ship Thursday, obviously (bonus if it did), but it would be nice if it shipped Friday or Saturday.

Remember, this is the Internet Age. When we buy something online, we expect it to ship same or next day if the item is in stock and available.

Buyers don't care if you're a small-business owner and you're the only one running it. They don't care if this is a side-business to your regular 9 to 5. You're a business, same as Amazon. There had better be a darn good reason for the item not shipping as fast as possible.

• << <i>She told me it is against the law not to ship within 24 hours and that my excuse about Post Offices being closed on Saturdays is a lie as they legally have to be open. >>

Post Office hours are set by local Postal Managers. Although there are minimum standard hours, not all offices are open on Saturday.

The difference in my post office in my summer location and winter residence are vastly different.

good luck !

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    I would have refunded FAST and taken the NEG. Too bad
    you had already mailed the item.

By January, there will be a new method for removing NEGs.

//////////////////////

One Thing I Know For Sure...............

NEVER explain to a scumbag-psycho peasant "why" their item
    was "delayed." ANY explanation is an invite to an argument.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>tell the nut you show a good slot where that card cand goimage
    i have people that dont pay me for 2-3 weeks a month, i dont pay any attention, either they pay me or they dont, i dont have time to mess with em ,now i cant even negative them, ebay is greatimage >>

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <By January, there will be a new method for removing NEGs>

thats what i figure too,they will come up with some kind of new schemeimage
  • I get all my items ready for shipping the night before I ship them, if their payment comes in after I go to bed then it does not ship until I sit down the next day and get the next batch ready. That said I ship 4 to 5 days a week.

A neg from her or bad DSR rating is not going to hurt at all. A neg will drop me to 99.6 and since my DSR for the past 30 days is all 4.8 or better with 319 transcations even 1s across the board are not going to cause a flutter.
  • I wonder hom many of these buyers would have survived in the days before Ebay when it was not uncommon to order an item and have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
  • Here is another one this clown won the item last Wednesday paid and paid Saturday night. When I responded with saying they shipped this morning and asked why so rude. He replied he did not think he was being rude.

"What is so hard about putting these in the mail that you can't seem to get it done?"
  • I won an auction a week or so ago and paid immediately after the close of the auction. I'm a patient person, but considering the fact that the seller printed the shipping label from home I wasn't overly happy about them taking 3 or 4 mailing days to ship it out.

It is what it is but I've received several invoices in the past reminding that the sooner the payment the sooner I get my item. If I make the extra effort to wire the money in a hurry it's only fair to expect the same consideration.
  • jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭

<< <i>I wonder hom many of these buyers would have survived in the days before Ebay when it was not uncommon to order an item and have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. >>

It's kind of like when you go to a restaurant with a slew of empty tables, and they still make you wait. They may have their reasons, but none of them matter to you. If there is no valid reason for a delay, then there should be no delay.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is another one this clown won the item last Wednesday paid and paid Saturday night. When I responded with saying they shipped this morning and asked why so rude. He replied he did not think he was being rude.

"What is so hard about putting these in the mail that you can't seem to get it done?" >>

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

EVERYTIME you reply to these dirtbags, they will have to have the last word.
    Your responses empower the SCUM to escalate the argument. "Why so rude?,"
    is an invite to fight.

It is much easier/safer NOT to respond to their abuse at all.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.