Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 Fleer Basketball Box on Ebay

I've been looking a lot recently at 86 Fleer Basketball, as I never bought this product before, and I thought about buliding a set.

So, I see this box (LINK BELOW)

and my question is this ... ONE pack has a post-it indicating it has a Jordan sticker. Shouldnt a full assortment of 36 packs have 3-4 Jordan stickers ?

The auction is leading me to think, that the box and packs all came together (otherwise, why grade and list the box)

Anyway, I dont think I'm ready to buy a full box of this product, but I'm asking because I try to research things I dont know about, before I dive in.

Text

Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Ya on average you can get 4 Jordan stickers per box. If you are really interested in spending that kind of $ for a box, that prices seems pretty good. However, there are alot cheaper ways to building that set. You are better off buying a prebuilt set or buy each card outright.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    I'd pass based on these! ...

plus, I just don't care for GAI.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    ten foot pole........
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options
    is it the same cost to grade an empty box vs. a full box ?
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    import-export is honestly the worst seller on ebay. I wouldn't send them $5 much less $10,000.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I wouldn't touch that box with a ten foot pole after reading all that negative feedback. Anyone that bids, let alone purchases from this seller needs to have their head examined, or they have entirely to much disposable income!
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How in the world does someone like that stay in business? I guess if you purchase from someone like that knowing how they do business, you deserve what you get.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    The OP's observation that there is one pack with a Jordan sticker on back instead of 3-4 is spot on. The packs are graded, so I'm fairly sure they werent opened and resealed, but we all know how easy it is to see the front card and get the pack sequence. I'm almost positive there isn't one single #57 in that entire collection of packs.

Besides Art Vandelay at the Import-Export Co. always struck me as a shady, dishonest kinda guy. Sometimes an architect, sometimes a marine biologist, sometimes an importer-exporter.

• Options
    I wish I had not deleted the voice mail message the owner(Art I believe) of Import-Export left me on my voicemail after I filed a UPI on him. I am suprised they are still on Ebay with the DSR changes. The have to be the worse card sellers on Ebay.
  • Options
    Whad it say? Whad it say?
  • Options
    Where do you kids get your loot?..

Someday... Blue Angels
  • Options
    Basically he just called a few things I cannot say here and told me to tell my wife he wants a refund for the services she provided him.
  • Options
    That is awesome. I can't believe you erased that.
  • Options
    Trust me I did not intend to, but when I was clearing out my voice mail one day I hit delete it by mistake.
  • Options
    I would stay clear if your wanting to Crack them open and want to find MJ's rookie card , and also one of the packs that is out of sequence if u notice , i have purchased gai's before old silver flips, none of the new flips. everything was good......and the jordan shoulds have 3-4 stickers per box and if u notice only 1 is avaiable in this lot

my 2 cents
  • Options

<< <i>Besides Art Vandelay at the Import-Export Co. always struck me as a shady, dishonest kinda guy. Sometimes an architect, sometimes a marine biologist, sometimes an importer-exporter. >>

I loved the work he did, in the Yankees front office
  • Options
    There was no chance I was going to buy this item.

I was primarily interested to know more about this seller, and about GAI GRADED PACKS.
  • Options
    There is this betterimage
  • Options
    They usually sell for $450 or so.
  • Options
    well cd i figured steve has em for 535 and grading the box cost 75 according to gais website plus a little extra knowing it came from a sealed case. I bought one of those 450 boxes before 485 actually and it wasnt resealed but was definatly cherry picked not a single jordan or pippen.
  • Options

<< <i>What about this 88 fleer gai box. I just put in a offer of 650 was that good
    linkydoo >>

Considering this is from GARY I wouldn't even buy it.
  • Options
    Justin- honeslty, it's really not that strong of a product right now if you're looking to open it. PSA 10s are plentiful except for a handful of cards. You could buy complete NM-MT sets of 87-88 and 88-89, and 89-90 Fleer, PLUS 75-76, 76-77, 77-78, 78-79, 80-81 and 81-82 Topps for around $650.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this thread, a spoof on worse sellers of "unopened" product on ebay?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You could buy complete NM-MT sets of 87-88 and 88-89, and 89-90 Fleer, PLUS 75-76, 76-77, 77-78, 78-79, 80-81 and 81-82 Topps for around $650. >>

Or 325 sets of 90-91 Fleer.
  • Options
    Or 325 sets of 90-91 Fleer.

True. With RCs of Tim Hardaway, Sean Elliott, Shawn Kemp, Stacey King, Pooh Richardson, Sarunas Marcilonius, Glen Rice, J.R. Reid, Nick Anderson and Sherman Douglas you can't miss. At least 3 of those guys have to be hall of famers by the end of their career wouldn't they?
  • Options
    Please forgive this post if I am wrong, but did any one else notice that not only was the link justintime posted a link of Gary's auction, but there are also no offers even though he said he offered $650?
  • Options

<< <i>Please forgive this post if I am wrong, but did any one else notice that not only was the link justintime posted a link of Gary's auction, but there are also no offers even though he said he offered $650? >>

Hmm......
  • Options
    The guy says he made an offer on one of Gary's auctions. It happens to be the second time tonight on two differenet threads that he posted that link. Yet, there are no offers on the auction he linked. Just my opinion, but it seems to me like Gary has another alt ID and is pimping his auctions.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    The offer is pending under purchases history?
  • Options

<< <i>The offer is pending under purchases history? >>

Yes BUT..

At 6:46 PM = Justintime said he just made an offer of 650.00

at 7:26 PM = LSU says "Please forgive this post if I am wrong, but did any one else notice that not only was the link justintime posted a link of Gary's auction, but there are also no offers even though he said he offered $650?"

Offer was made at 7:43 pm After LSU had made that comment...

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Oh. My bad.
  • Options
    Not accusing anyone of anything. Just seemed to coincidental for me.
  • Options
    Hold on now I made a typo let me fix it I meant I just about placed an offer for 650 . What the big deal Im still the new guy dont understand what went askew here. Besides I still havent decided on the offer yet. Besides the offer made at whatever time was not mine. I've heard some of the stuff about this seller not all the way upto speed . I figured it was graded from a sealed case from gai how could it be a bad thing. Just opened up for some questions on what people thought . I saw the thread about 86 basketball and figured I'd ask about this 88 box. I didnt care about the seller I wanted opinions on a good price to offer. jeez I'll just lurk in the dark for awhile dont want to be mobed just for seeking advice
    wow