Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Fun with E-bay just never ends !!!!!!!!

Good Morning,
Well after spending the last week fixing, editing all of the 90+ listings E-bay removed because of some A&%$ on these boards I think that I am all good and could move foward, just out several hundred dollars. So I wake up this morning and find another listing has been removed, (They didn't remove it last time, but did this time).

130243757270 1955 Topps Rails & Sails Card # 42 PSA GEM MINT 10 1/1

The listing was removed because it violated the E-Bay search and browse manipulation policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your title.....

In Title:....1/1

Well the Card is the only GEM MINT 10 there is, Huh!!! Apperently I am not allowed to advertise it as such....When is this crap going to end????

I am really getting over this!!!!
Neil
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Neil,

I think ebay (and buyers and sellers) is having issues with the "1/1" phrasing. Yours is a pop 1, but there could be another 10 that gets graded in the future. I think they might let "1/1" go if it is actually a unique card, and there will not be another one made of it.

I'm guessing that some modern insert cards might be listable as "1/1"
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    When you relist, add "pop 1" to the title and you'll be fine.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Neil,

I get the gest of what you want to say in your auction, but the card does not have any factory stamping to indicate it's a "true 1/1". With that being the case, that is why Ebay has a problem with your idea of a "1/1". I have to agree, because if we use your logic, a lot of cards could be 1/1's under the b.s. rule(like a Musial card serial #6/25 = 1/1 since that is his jersey number, only example of a certain card graded in a certain condition, ect).

As someone else mentioned, there could be another 10 graded before your auction ends, and then there is room for more legal drama, if someone wanted to push it.

Just relax, and list stuff without pushing the Ebay boundaries, and you will be fine.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer Neil.

This thread got me thinking - many auctions use "50/50" meaning centering, not serial numbered - could they be pulled?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    You cannot say 1/1 according to Ebay unless the card is marked 1/1.
  • Options
    POP 1 should work just fine.
  • Options
    Done with change.
    Thanks
    Neil

Perhaps you don't understand my fustration....90+ auctions removed last week with mostly Technical violations (E-bay's termonology not mine). Then this one last night....What do I get to have removed next?????? You know they can let Fake Mantles, Re-Sealers galore go on and on, but they have the time to monitor somebody making money for them for over 10 years, 2800 Positive Feedback, %100 Positive, over 6000 Sold Auctions. If you can't understand......Then you just don't get it!!!!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>You cannot say 1/1 according to Ebay unless the card is marked 1/1. >>

BINGO!
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Neil,

I think the big difference is that eBay has certain flags set for things like 1/1s, but not for fake Mantles etc.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neil, do you own a shirt with a bullseye on it?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    this is not a new thing, they did that to me like 2 or 3 years ago......as others have suggested, POP 1.

seems like the Random Idiot Police have increased in numbers over at eBay though image
  • Options
    Well Ebay is getting so cutthroat that sellers are looking at their competition to find any mistakes that can get the listings pulled.
  • Options
    Is ebay the only source you use to sell your cards?
    -Rome is Burning

• Options

<< <i>Is ebay the only source you use to sell your cards? >>

There is no other place to sell if you really want to sell anything.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is ebay the only source you use to sell your cards? >>

There is no other place to sell if you really want to sell anything. >>

you could get low-ball offers over on the BST forum..I had actually had good luck over there...aside from a few nitwits...sellers and buyers
  • Options

<< Is ebay the only source you use to sell your cards? >>

There is no other place to sell if you really want to sell anything.

Amen to that...Therein lies the problem!!!!!!!
    Neil

Nick...I sure as He!!! feel like I have a Target on my Back!!!!imageimage
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    This situation with Ebay is a joke. They obviously have no clue about buying/selling sportscards. What we all have to keep in mind is that sportscards are what....1% of Ebay's total auctions?? So why would they take the time to care?

I think someone mentioned it a few weeks ago on another thread, and I thought it was a great point....with all the superior technology, why hasn't someone created an online auction site devoted specifically to sportscards?

I would LOVE to buy/sell cards somewhere other than Ebay, and I'm sure most, if not all of you, would be as well.
  • Options
    I will admit Naxcom has done alot of improvements in recent weeks. I am actually selling stuff there, mainly by surfing the buy listings. The search is alot faster than it was, but it is still pretty slow.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...Perhaps you don't understand my fustration...."

///////////////////////////////

Trust me, I get it.

As a near daily victim of one issue or another with those monkey-people,
    I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Currently, if one wants to make money selling stuff online, EBAY has the
    only viable game in town. I survive dealing with them by staying in passive
    agressive mode, by playing dumb, and pretending to be grateful for their "help."

BUT, it appears to me, based on my experience, that you have a "policy violation"
    case being built against you. If it succeeds, you may find yourself in PayPal jail.
    You simply cannot afford any more violations.

My advice:

1. Take an hour and read the listing policies/rules.

2. Review all your active listings for possible violations.

3. Review the EBAY boards daily; look for issues that
    may affect you. (Do NOT post there; just read.)

4. Do NOT take EBAY's abuse personally. You are just
    a member of a class of sellers that EBAY wants to be
    rid of.

good luck

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    How long though is it going to take Ebay to realize if they run off the small sellers they will start losing money. There is no way the agreement with Buy.com is making them much money. Their sell through rate is horrible.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    excellent work arounds gentelmen.

i need help w/ making my mortgage payments on time?

any input?

J
    RIP GURU
  • Options

<< <i>They obviously have no clue about buying/selling sportscards. What we all have to keep in mind is that sportscards are what....1% of Ebay's total auctions?? So why would they take the time to care? >>

It is not just sportscards. Read some of the different eBay forums. You will see that this problem exists to varying degrees in almost every other category. I also collect coins and used to sell on eBay. The problems with fakes, misleading titles, mom & pop grading companies, etc. are just as much a problem with coins as they are cards. About 1/4th of all eBay auctions are involving some sort of collectible. These problems exist in all these categories not to mention purses, perfume, electronics,handbags, jewelry, clothing and no telling how many others. Ebay is now a haven for scammers and because of this the legitimate sellers, like Neil and many on this board, are the ones that get punished.
  • Options
    "How long though is it going to take Ebay to realize if they run off the small sellers they will start losing money. There is no way the agreement with Buy.com is making them much money. Their sell through rate is horrible. "

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Small to medium-size sellers are high-maintenance.
    They have almost NO place in the future plans.

The STR at buy.com seems to be less than 3%, BUT
    the dollar volume is satisfactory from EBAY's view.
    EBAY gets paid from the gross; no lising fees, high
    FVF.

GM will be fully integrated by early 2009. EVERY car
    on nearly 9,000 dealer lots will be listed.

Wal-Mart, Sears, Target and Macy's will all be in the mix.

BIG retailers will allow EBAY to fire perhaps as much as
    HALF of their "customer service" monkeys. The BIG guys
    don't require any service; just the listing platform.

The top-ten card sellers, or fewer, would be more than
    enough to satisfy EBAY's needs.

AMZN is the model, and it does NOT include US.

Somebody will deliver a collectibles venue, BUT I will
    be darned if I can figure out who or when. I was sure
    EBAY would build a separate mall, but I have lost the
    scent of that project.

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I always put my 1 of 1 wording in the comment description section--such as-- "As of 8/11/08 this is the only graded PSA 10 in the PSA Pop Report." That 1/1 policy of Ebay has been in effect for some time now.
  • Options
    ""As of 8/11/08 this is the only graded PSA 10 in the PSA Pop Report." "

///////////////////////////////////////

Perfectly fine to do that.

I have used a shorter version in subtitles, too; without incident.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I put in the subtitle "PSA population 1 of 1". Never had a problem.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    "I put in the subtitle "PSA population 1 of 1". Never had a problem. "

////////////Yup.

It's only the immutable characteristic 1/1 that causes a problem
    when it is apllied to the fungible concept of PSA population.

As was noted, 1/1 is forever; POP 1 could be till tomorrow.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    BUT, it appears to me, based on my experience, that you have a "policy violation"
    case being built against you.
    >>

I don't know if it's that or if Neil has one unhappy customer or competitor who has him on his favorite sellers list and turns him in for anything that he can, just to harass him. He seems like a real honest straight shooter so I doubt if it's something he did wrong, more likely a competitor or someone who had unreasonable expectations.

You can never underestimate how far some idiot will go for no good reason.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    >>

I don't know if it's that or if Neil has one unhappy customer or competitor who has him on his favorite sellers list and turns him in for anything that he can, just to harass him. He seems like a real honest straight shooter so I doubt if it's something he did wrong, more likely a competitor or someone who had unreasonable expectations.

You can never underestimate how far some idiot will go for no good reason. >>

Very well said Jim... some people are just born to be pain-in-the-a$$'s and those people seem to have more free time than the rest of us.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    >>

You can never underestimate how far some idiot will go for no good reason. >>

////////////////////////////////
    ///////////////////////////////

My comment was inartfully made.

I did NOT mean that EBAY was going entrepreneurial in making a case.
    Only that the violations themselves are recorded and are building up.

Eventually, the violations will show-up in the Dashboard, and the penalties
    will be levied.

I would look at some competitors, or at some customer that was a PITA.
    Also, it could be somebody in real-life; not connected to EBAY. Or, it could
    just be an AH that reads this board.
  • Options

<< <i>Or, it could just be an AH that reads this board. >>

Tvac did it.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean, Storm. I ran into that with sports cars about 5 years ago, once they had me in the badguy file I was wrong anytime anybody sent in a complaint. They shot first and asked questions later.
  • Options

<< <i>I know what you mean, Storm. I ran into that with sports cars about 5 years ago, once they had me in the badguy file I was wrong anytime anybody sent in a complaint. They shot first and asked questions later. >>

Now its much more serious than it used to be. If you are a silver Power Seller 5 such violations will result in your selling abilities being locked. I think non Power Sellers only get 2 strikes.