Home Sports Talk
Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
I thought Ryan Howard strikes out a lot.

Sincerely,
Cards Bullpen

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ya think?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Somewhere tonight Santana crapped his pants watching sportscenter!

BAM

JS
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice win tonight. We needed it.

Yea, all those opposing fans who harp on Ryan's strikeouts but conveniently ignore his rbi's. Pathetic to say the least. Any fan would love to have Ryan on their team - their obvious jealousy shows.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take a healthy Papi any day of the week but there is no denying Howards power #'s, he prolly will end up with the 48 120+ but batting .220 is tough to deal with though.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Any fan would love to have Ryan on their team - their obvious jealousy shows. >>

Nah, not really.
  • Options

<< <i>I thought Ryan Howard strikes out a lot.

>>

He does.......

Sincerely,
    Colorado Rockies pitching staff
  • Options
    227 times since last years all star break.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Since the Sillies have more losses in the history of MLB it will only be fitting to have Howard break the all time K record as well. I believe he is well on his way to that honor.

Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>Since the Sillies have more losses in the history of MLB it will only be fitting to have Howard break the all time K record as well. I believe he is well on his way to that honor.

Thanks >>

Boston and NY fans are just hissed that they'll never be able to sign Ryan Howard - The Phillies have made a commitment to sign the players they want to keep on their team - You'll have to go look for other teams to "steal" players away from, with bloated salary offers.
  • Options
    Fun fact of the day: Ryan Howard makes $80,645.16 per strikeout.
  • Options
    Here's another fun fact - The Braves are in 4th place.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Here's another fun fact - The Braves are in 4th place. >>

Sweet dude. You'll have to dig a little deeper if you want to hurt my feelings. I'm not so easily offended by my team's poor performance.
  • Options

post of the week! LMAO

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

post of the week! LMAO

JS >>

And it was worth it to get a response of "sweet dude" image
  • Options
    oh and Howard is leading the NL in HR's AND RBI's...what a bum

JS
  • Options

<< <i>oh and Howard is leading the NL in HR's AND RBI's...what a bum

JS >>

Yes, the Ryan Howard bashers who are jealous that they don't have him on their team, conveniently ignore those quite impressive stats.
  • Options
    Fun Fact or the day, the Braves have won more division titles then the Sillies.

FWIW Howard is a great hitter, when he connects.

The Yanks have Giambi and the Mets Delgado filling the Howard role.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    OH MAN HOLY COW. Howard is a beast! St Louis is ready to good bye! He put on a show and a half for the "home" crowd. Mets fan can only
    watch!

JS
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>St Louis is ready to good bye! >>

Huh?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Ryan Howard>Lance Berkman
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Since the Sillies have more losses in the history of MLB it will only be fitting to have Howard break the all time K record as well. I believe he is well on his way to that honor.

Thanks >>

Boston and NY fans are just hissed that they'll never be able to sign Ryan Howard - The Phillies have made a commitment to sign the players they want to keep on their team - You'll have to go look for other teams to "steal" players away from, with bloated salary offers. >>

Hissed? I dont think so Steve, we have no need for him- the Sillies only wished they could produce major homegrown talent as the Red Sox have- you dont really know but the type of talent that helps bring home World Series titles..

Thanks, again.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks >>

No kidding, he is going to SHATTER the K record -- could get 240. That would put the record way out of reach for anyone but himself.
  • Options
    Mets keeping pace, Sillies still winning at a 350 clip this month.

Will they still be in first place at the break? That is the real question.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Phillies bashers can concern themselves with Howard's strikeouts, I'm gonna be concerned about how I'm going to wade through traffic to park my car to attend the Phillies World Series championship parade.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks >>

Boston and NY fans are just hissed that they'll never be able to sign Ryan Howard - The Phillies have made a commitment to sign the players they want to keep on their team - You'll have to go look for other teams to "steal" players away from, with bloated salary offers. >>

Hissed? I dont think so Steve, we have no need for him- the Sillies only wished they could produce major homegrown talent as the Red Sox have- you dont really know but the type of talent that helps bring home World Series titles..

Thanks, again. >>

Man-Ram, Ortiz, Schilling, JD Drew, Beckett, Lowell... absolutely... the red sox world series runs have absolutely been fueled by home grown talent.

Moron.

Just like the Patriots didn't cheat their way to a few SB wins.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks >>

Thanks, again. >>

Man-Ram, Ortiz, Schilling, JD Drew, Beckett, Lowell... absolutely... the red sox world series runs have absolutely been fueled by home grown talent.

Moron.

Just like the Patriots didn't cheat their way to a few SB wins. >>

I think he's talking about Pedroia, Ellsbury, Bucholz, Masterson, etc.

The Phillies actually have a ton of homegrown talent. Howard, Utley, Hamels, Burrell, Rollins, Myers, Kendrick and Ruiz were all brought up through the ranks of the Phillies system. Now has it resulted in a world series? No, but it is proof that they don't just go out and buy an all star team....they create them, much like the Braves of the 90s and what the Braves are trying to do again today.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks >>

Thanks, again. >>

Moron.

I think he's talking about Pedroia, Ellsbury, Bucholz, Masterson, etc. >>

yep peripherial edge players who dont make up the CORE of a playoff teams. remove the high priced free agents from their roster and they MIGHT be a .500 squad?

The context under which those players are coming up couldn't be ANY better. like Jeter for the Yankees, he didn't have to lift up a franchise on his own, he just had to make a couple nice cutoff plays in the WS to be designated an all-time hall of famer riding a monster payroll lineup & pitching staff.

displace those guys to be the pillars of the padres/royals of the world and see how far the teams get.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks >>

Thanks, again. >>

Moron.

I think he's talking about Pedroia, Ellsbury, Bucholz, Masterson, etc. >>

yep peripherial edge players who dont make up the CORE of a playoff teams. remove the high priced free agents from their roster and they MIGHT be a .500 squad?

The context under which those players are coming up couldn't be ANY better. like Jeter for the Yankees, he didn't have to lift up a franchise on his own, he just had to make a couple nice cutoff plays in the WS to be designated an all-time hall of famer riding a monster payroll lineup & pitching staff.

displace those guys to be the pillars of the padres/royals of the world and see how far the teams get. >>

I edited my post.....so chill.
  • Options
    It's 1pm.....and the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics still have more rings then the Bucs and Phillies....BAM

Sincerely,
    The Truth Hurts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks >>

Thanks, again. >>

Moron.

I know your an ignorant fool but I will try to explain so even a complete idiot like yourself can understand image

Ellsbury, Youkilis, Pedroia, Papelbon, Lester were a big help in the 2007 World Series run. Thats what I was talking about, and please name one MLB team that has been succesful without free agents you ignoramous.

Your hate fueled jealousy is reering its ugly head again- time to get back on the meds.
  • Options

<< <i>It's 1pm.....and the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics still have more rings then the Bucs and Phillies....BAM

Sincerely,
    The Truth Hurts >>

You might as well throw the Mets in their as well.
  • Options
    It's 1pm.....and the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics still have more rings then the Bucs and Phillies....BAM

Sincerely,
    The Truth Hurts

LOL!!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    You might as well throw the Mets in their as well.

I would expect that seeing you named 3 teams to one, can you make that same statement
    about the Yanks? I don't think so.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    The Celtics have won 16 championships
    The Pats have won 3 Super Bowls
    The Red Sox have won 7 titles
    The Bruins have won 5 Stanley Cups.

Yankees have won 26 titles
    The Jets have won 1 Super Bowl
    The Knicks have won 2 NBA Championships
    The Rangers have won 4 Stanley Cups

So the score is 33-31 NY. The Jets were used instead of the Giants because the Pats and Jets have been
    in the league the same time. Not fair to list the Giants who have been around forever. All other teams have had equal time
    in their repsective leagues. In about two or three years, the Yankees titles will be insignificant as Boston surpasses NY
    as the greatest city ever in the history of sports.
  • Options

<< <i>You might as well throw the Mets in their as well.

I would expect that seeing you named 3 teams to one, can you make that same statement
    about the Yanks? I don't think so.

Steve >>

No Offense Steve, seriously- I only threw that in there because Hyperion was acting up. I respect pretty much all the Mets, Yanks, Phillies fans on these boards except Hyperion. Even Lil Joey Stalin is not in the same category as Hyperion, the guy is as ignorant towards Boston fans as they get.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Celtics have won 16 championships
    The Pats have won 3 Super Bowls
    The Red Sox have won 7 titles
    The Bruins have won 5 Stanley Cups.

Yankees have won 26 titles
    The Jets have won 1 Super Bowl
    The Knicks have won 2 NBA Championships
    The Rangers have won 4 Stanley Cups

So the score is 33-31 NY. The Jets were used instead of the Giants because the Pats and Jets have been
    in the league the same time. Not fair to list the Giants who have been around forever. All other teams have had equal time
    in their repsective leagues. In about two or three years, the Yankees titles will be insignificant as Boston surpasses NY
    as the greatest city ever in the history of sports. >>

Celtics have won 17!! Make that 33-32 NY image
  • Options

<< <i>It's 1pm.....and the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics still have more rings then the Bucs and Phillies....BAM

Sincerely,
    The Truth Hurts >>

Bucs went 27 years to win their first ring.

Bo Sox went what 90+ years?

Celtics hadn't sniffed a ring in over 20 years......you are proud of this?

oh and its 2008 and you trail the Rays by 2 games and your roster makes 90,000,000 more! LMAO

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

Bucs went 27 years to win their first ring.

Bo Sox went what 90+ years?

>>

No, it only took the Red Sox 2 years to win their first title. Time for lil' Joey to get schooled.
    The Boston Americans began playing professional baseball in 1901. They won the FIRST EVER world series against the Pittsburgh Pirates
    in 1903. In 1908 they changed their name to the Boston Red Sox, and in 1918 they won their 5th world series with a guy named Ruth.

Sincerely,
    Class Dismissed
  • Options
    Too bad my reply did not include the Bruins.

Had the poster included them I would not have replied the
    way I did.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    the Yankees titles will be insignificant as Boston surpasses NY
    as the greatest city ever in the history of sports.

LOL!!

OK

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sincerely,
    The Dbacks pitching staff
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

Sincerely,

Sillies after watching Mets win 7th straight!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    That Oliver Perez has sure turned his season around in a hurry, huh?

Sincerely,

The Rockies Lineup

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Mets beating up on the bottom dwellers. You know when you face the Mets, Marlins and Phils after the AS break, you all will fold like a tent!

JS
  • Options
    Mets beating up on the bottom dwellers. You know when you face the Mets, Marlins and Phils after the AS break, you all will fold like a tent!

Yeah, those 3 of 4 we took from the bottom dwelling Sillies really helped us, too.

Last I looked D-backs were below .500 as well, LOL!

• Options
    Dbacks are leading their divison. Rockies are 200 games under .500

JS
  • Options
    Dbacks are leading their divison. Rockies are 200 games under .500

JS

Col is 16 games under after their loss tonight, and the D-back are still under .500. Nice spin move there!

• Options
    We want our money back, Howard is too big and too strong. NO MAS

Sincerely,
    Empty Seat In Miami