Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What card is on your collecting radar right now?

Now that I found the Emmitt Smith Breyers Bookmark card , I'm looking to find the elusive 1991 Emmitt Smith Pro Line Portraits Auto card. There are actually two SP's versions. Both cards have the certified auto stamp on them but some were not auto'd for some reason.

This could be a cool thread for us to help each other find what we are looking for.

So what are you looking for?

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    I've been using infared scanning to try to find a T-206 Wagner in my attic.

Found a leak, but the search goes on.

Matt , I will let you know if I find that Smith card in my attic search.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am searching HIGH and LOW for 1952 Bowman Large Y.A Tittle PSA 7/8 and 51-55 Tom Fears PSA 7 as well.

BTW- HI MATT image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Sonny, now that you found the leak, when you find that waste of cardboard Wagner, you can just nail it to the leak and you 'll kill two birds with one stone.

Hi Paul image
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I decent, grade worthy copy of Frank Thomas 1987 Auburn Tiger issue. A PSA 9 (pop 1) came up for auction a few months back, brough $350ish. I can't see paying that much money for a modern card with a print run of 5000. I'm actually glad my snipe of $280 was beaten.

A raw version sold, but I went out of town and forgot about the auction. It sold, with the complete 18 card set, for a very reasonable $80. Tough break on my behalf.

Other than that, a readily available copy of a '55 Clemente in 6 or better. Waiting for just the right deal though.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

Ross

Have you tried Beckett Marketplace for the Thomas?
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I

Other than that, a readily available copy of a '55 Clemente in 6 or better. Waiting for just the right deal though. >>

Ditto. Does a centered 6 even exist? image

Hi Matt image
  • Options
    I sold this one awhile ago...but it was tough finding, and i paid a premium for it.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOF, That has to be the best looking Clemente I have seen in that grade. Wish I knew when you were selling it.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've never even looked at BMP Matt. I joined Beckett Online as a kid, 13 or so, still have a general account (BunchOBull, likewise), but I haven't explored the features in a decade. I'll certainly have to investigate.

And like Bob said, other than HOF's, a decently centered '55 Clemente in 6 is rarely seen.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>I've never even looked at BMP Matt. I joined Beckett Online as a kid, 13 or so, still have a general account (BunchOBull, likewise), but I haven't explored the features in a decade. I'll certainly have to investigate.

And like Bob said, other than HOF's, a decently centered '55 Clemente in 6 is rarely seen. >>

If I had the baseball guide, I would check it out for you but I only have football.

Maybe somebody with the baseball quide would be cool enough to look?
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    I'm really looking hard for a 67 Carew RC in 9 and a 55 Koufax RC in 8. Haven't found any that I really like for the grade yet, been looking for the last year.
    Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking for the one PSA 10 1985 Topps Dan Fouts to finish my Fouts basic set in all-PSA 10.

It was on ebay a couple months ago, where I was high bidder, but my bid didn't reach the seller's reserve image

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>I'm looking for the one PSA 10 1985 Topps Dan Fouts to finish my Fouts basic set in all-PSA 10.

It was on ebay a couple months ago, where I was high bidder, but my bid didn't reach the seller's reserve image

Steve >>

Steve, maybe you can contact the seller and try to make a deal for it?
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    I am watching some Mantle prices.

I am waiting for some desperation to set in; thus far no luck.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm looking for the one PSA 10 1985 Topps Dan Fouts to finish my Fouts basic set in all-PSA 10.

Steve >>

Steve, maybe you can contact the seller and try to make a deal for it? >>

Unfortunately, I didn't save the ebay item number, and the auction no longer appears in the completed items search. So...I'll just have to wait for it to appear again, or for another to be graded and put up for sale/auction.

Steve
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Low grade PSA Mickey Mantle. Going to bust is open and add it to my raw set.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dead centered 62 Maris in PSA 7.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I have one more "biggie" left to get for the master set I'm building it's the 2000 CE Supreme Edge Tech Peyton Manning auto psa/dna #'d/100. I've only seen it on Ebay 2-3 times but I'm hopin it'll show up when fb season starts.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highest grade 52 Topps I can afford. LOL
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    While working on a number of sets, the only one I am closing in on and am particularly eager to complete is my 2001 Topps XFL master set... I am down to just needing 4 of the Gridiron Gear Game Used Footballs. Even offering to pay high book has not produced these for me... given the fate of the XFL, I imagine most people don't believe it is worth their time to dig these out and list them.

Snorto~
  • Options
    I've been hunting a 1969 Karl Noonan in a 9 and the first 1970 Noonan was just graded. A 1977 Csonka PSA 10 would be nice also.
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Actually I have been looking for a nice PSA 9 or 10, 1976 Topps Sal Bando card. It is one of my favorite cards of the set!!

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to report that I don't have a "white whale" on my radar right now. Tons of cards I'd still like to add though. PSA 9 '71 Topps Archibald and Lanier would be nice.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Have been looking for this card in a PSA 9 or 10 for months. Have posted it on the BST board and bumped a few times. This one came up on eBay and ended yesterday. I forgot to bid.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Have been looking for this card in a PSA 9 or 10 for months. Have posted it on the BST board and bumped a few times. This one came up on eBay and ended yesterday. I forgot to bid.
    >>

too many print marks on that for a PSA 10. Hold out for a better one. Actually, I'd probably split a box 4 ways from BBC Exchange if anyone is interested.

My real whale's now are a Yaz rookie in PSA 8 and a 57 Topps Johnny U in PSA 7. Both are for registry sets.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I don't think this is a high-dollar card at all, but for my registry set, I really, really need to find a 1978 SSPC ALL STAR GALLERY JIM RICE HAND CUT card. I have never seen one for sale. image
  • Options
    Yes vito, I would love to split a box. Since there are only 66 cards in the set should get a handful of Nicklaus'.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Well, a 1/2 split is a bit out of mu price range at the moment. I was thinking 4 guys get a quarter box.
  • Options
    SDsportsFan here is the link to the 1985 Dan Fouts (PSA 10) auction a few months back.......hope you'll get to complete the set in all 10's......I'm 3rd place btw

1985 Fouts (10)

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    The two main cards on my radar are a 1982 Topps Blackless Ozzie Smith and a 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith.

A blackless was on ebay last night and I sniped with what I thought to be a ridiculous amount... I got out sniped image
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    Yeah, a half box may be out of my range right now too Vito. Only need two more people though.
  • Options
    A 1987 Bellingham Mariners Griffey Jr PSA 9. One of those cards I've always wanted but never got around to buying. I noticed you can pick one up for around $50, which is a lot less than they were going for a few years ago
  • Options
    Thanks Mark...I'm on it!!!imageimage

Steve
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Pretty much any R423 cards/strips.

I've been fortunate enough to add 2 toughies for my Jerry Porter rookie collection recently - an auto #/50 and a parallel #/38 (which was up with a fairly reasonable BIN, so I hit the BIN rather than gamble that I could get it for a lower bid).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    My 71, 72 and 68 sets are 99%, 97% and 93% complete, respectively. I can do nothing else except to get those finished.
  • Options
    1955 Bowman FB
    1956 Topps FB
    1962 Topps FB
    1961 Fleer BKB

Looking for centered raw cards that would grade around PSA 7.