Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone know where to find the following signed rookie cards?? Mathews, Wilhelm, Stargell, Hunter, C

I'm getting close to completing all the easy ones for my signed Topps HOF rookie collection, the only ones I have left now to get that aren't signing at signings soon are 1952 Eddie Mathews (deceased), 1952 Hoyt Wilhelm (deceased), 1955 Roberto Clemente (deceased), 1963 Willie Stargell (deceased), and 1965 Jim Catfish Hunter (deceased).

Does anyone know of any dealers or individuals that have these cards autographed currently up for sale?? If so, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mike
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    Pm Sent........image

• Ernie Banks signs through the mail for a small fee.I think it is $35.Hope that helps
    Mike
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ernie Banks signs through the mail for a small fee.I think it is $35.Hope that helps
    Mike >>

He used to sign through his Above and Beyond foundation up until December 07, but he no longer does that according to them. Do you by chance know of a place that he does? I'd gladly pay $35 to get him to sign my card?

Mike
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I have seen the Clemente sell once before, not sure what venue it was, but it brought BIG money.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    clemente auto's in general bring huge cake.. on a rookie card.. I can't imagine..

<< <i>I have seen the Clemente sell once before, not sure what venue it was, but it brought BIG money. >>

I've been told by a couple people that when they come up they go for around $5500.00 or so.

Mike
  • rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    Try Kevin Keating at Quality Autographs. He has one of the largest collections around. If he doesn't have it, he can probably get it.

• << <i>clemente auto's in general bring huge cake.. on a rookie card.. I can't imagine.. >>

I seen a 55' Topps Clemente that was signed, and it sold for more than $5600. I still regret not picking it up when I had the chance.
  • Just curious, do you already have the 1982 topps traded ripken or 84 fleer clemens? Those are two i would like...
    Do either of them sign ttm or have any extras?

<< <i>Just curious, do you already have the 1982 topps traded ripken or 84 fleer clemens? Those are two i would like...
    Do either of them sign ttm or have any extras? >>

I have the regular 82 Ripken and the regular 85 Clemens. Ripken signs through IronClad authentics. Clemens pops up from time to time here in Texas at banquets, ceremonies, etc. and if you get to him, he's a good signer.

Mike
  • thanks, i sent ironclad an email through their website....

DANG - I am surprised with as many 82 ripkens there are, that raw ones are still selling for $80...geesh!
  • Hi, you might want to try the following:

Phil Marks
    PHONE: (609)519-6660
    pjmsports@comcast.com

Kevin Keating
    PHONE: (800) 241-4809
    FAX: (703) 519-9850

RICHARD SIMON SPORTS INC.
    215 East 80th Street
    New York, NY 10075
    212-592-3631 - phone
    212-288-1445 - fax
    richsprt@aol.com

Jim Stinson
    Toll Free: 1 (866) 486-8410
    Phone: (305) 677-2588
    jim@stinsonsports.com

<< <i>Hi, you might want to try the following:

Phil Marks
    PHONE: (609)519-6660
    pjmsports@comcast.com

Kevin Keating
    PHONE: (800) 241-4809
    FAX: (703) 519-9850

RICHARD SIMON SPORTS INC.
    215 East 80th Street
    New York, NY 10075
    212-592-3631 - phone
    212-288-1445 - fax
    richsprt@aol.com

Jim Stinson
    Toll Free: 1 (866) 486-8410
    Phone: (305) 677-2588
    jim@stinsonsports.com >>

Thanks, I've tried the first 3 but haven't tried Stinson yet but I will.

Mike

• << <i>I have seen the Clemente sell once before, not sure what venue it was, but it brought BIG money. >>

Check out charity events...old celebs hit those up for sig shows.
    -Rome is Burning

• jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have seen the Clemente sell once before, not sure what venue it was, but it brought BIG money. >>

Check out charity events...old celebs hit those up for sig shows. >>

Are you saying Clemente might be there to sign? image
    Bump to see if anyone knows where to find these yet.

Mike
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike, have you considered looking for a signed 61 fleer Wilt? I've always wanted one but never seen one and I dont even want to know what the price would be.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
    John,
    I'd love to have a Chamberlain. Not sure if I'm going to be willing to pay the coin for that one though.

Mike
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Signed Clementes can be found, they are just expensive when they show up. I've only seen one Mathews signed rookie, and it's in the possession of a friend of mine who isn't likely to sell it. Wilhelms can be found on occasion. Stargell's are tougher to find (I've only seen one, and I snagged it as soon as I did). Jim Hunter signed rookies show up fairly regularly.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, have you considered looking for a signed 61 fleer Wilt? I've always wanted one but never seen one and I dont even want to know what the price would be.
    John >>

There was one on ebay about a year ago - it was really pretty. I think it went for $1500 or so
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    Boy I would have guessed more than that.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS