Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting note on this month's PSA special...CALLING CAROL!!

Unless I have been in another world I think this is new....

(*Autographed cards from the manufacturer from 1972 to Present are allowed on this special. All other autographed cards must be submitted under the Autographed Card Grading and Authentication service.)

Autographed cards from 1972 to Present are allowed....hasnt it always been 1998? This is GREAT! I have to dig through my boxes and grab a few things.

I do have a question though....do these cards have to be graded or can you just get them with the blue flip for authentic? I personally could care less about the grades of my auto'd cards.

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Acck!! Dont say that! image

Carol, can you step in and confirm if we can send in autos from the manufacturer prior to 1998 under this special???
  • Options
    It is a typo. I'll have the web guys fix it.

Thanks for letting me know.

Carol
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh, and thank Carol! image
  • Options
    Carol is top notch.

How's about a fistful of vouchers for pointing out the oversight?
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options

<< <i>It is a typo. I'll have the web guys fix it.

Carol >>

Ah I am going to start crying just finished labeling 178 1994/95 Upper Deck Be a player (hockey) autographed cards to have them graded and slabbed. Seriously I wish PSA would allow autographed cards from manufacturers back to 1990 which I believe was the first year that card companies started putting autographs in the packs. Have a complete set of the 94/95 BAP but at 20.00 bucks it makes it cost prohibitive.
    Just my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It is a typo. I'll have the web guys fix it.

Carol >>

Ah I am going to start crying just finished labeling 178 1994/95 Upper Deck Be a player (hockey) autographed cards to have them graded and slabbed. Seriously I wish PSA would allow autographed cards from manufacturers back to 1990 which I believe was the first year that card companies started putting autographs in the packs. Have a complete set of the 94/95 BAP but at 20.00 bucks it makes it cost prohibitive.
    Just my opinion. >>

A lot of people wish that but unfortunately the manufacturers didn't have the checks in place needed to be sure the athlete signed the items themselves. Many enlisted help in getting them all signed.

By 1998 PSA feels this issue had been addressed which is why that is the starting point. It's not just an arbitrary date.

Carol
  • Options
    Any chance they can start giving specific issues their due? Like the mid 90s baseball Leaf signatures for example? I would love to see this happen!
  • Options

<< <i>Any chance they can start giving specific issues their due? Like the mid 90s baseball Leaf signatures for example? I would love to see this happen! >>

I don't know what you mean by giving a specific issue its due.

If you mean not having the item go through both authentication processes I would say that the cut off date will remain. I don't make the rules so never say never but with my understanding of why the rule is in place I don't think so.

• Options
    oh jeez...I sent my 10 cards in and included an autograph card......