Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Do you grade cards like this?

I picked up a 4000 count box full of this stuff at a pawn shop for $30.00 It seams like they are near complete sets from these years, up to about 1988 ,with the star cards pulled. But it does have a lot of doubles and triples. I haven't really gone through them yet, but I have come across some star cards like this Payton, Art Monk, Walter Johnson, Andre Tippett, Darrell Green. My question is do I get any of these graded? Also, do I sell them individually, or do I try selling them as near sets? I know nothing about football

Comments

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    no
  • save your money
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Well since you already bought them I would sell them by team lots.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would sell them in team lots like Steve mentioned, or I would group them by year like starter sets.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Looks like a nice start to some very binder-worthy raw sets, if you want to take the time.

They're not worth getting graded, but they look nice. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • I kinda like the starter set idea. They look good. image
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in the '69 football starter set (the top picture)

also for the '71 football (2nd scan from the top) I"m looking for these:
    71 topps fb (nm/m or better)
    50 133 150 156 174 177 185 189 192 199 201 206 209 217 227 244 245 250 259 260

thanks
    JOhn
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you grade them EX. Break them up years up to about 1985 then the rest is junk....I mean have your collection manager do it.

P.S.- Have you sent my Ted Williams pack yet?
    if I never see the stinking ted williams pack thing again it will be a blessing..
    that is a seriously dead dead dead horse...
    You could close your eyes.

Steve
    Good for you.
    but then I wont see the amazing things you have to say steve..
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I like dead horses....

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, you grade them EX. Break them up years up to about 1985 then the rest is junk....I mean have your collection manager do it.

P.S.- Have you sent my Ted Williams pack yet? >>

Let it go man.
    Keep your eyes open when you see my replies, close them when you see Allen's

See? it is not very hard.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Grading really isn't that complicated. Questions that a logical person would ask themself when deciding whether to grade a card:

- What do I think the card will grade?
    - What does the card sell for in that grade?
    - Is it worth grading based on this information?

You can come here and ask questions til your fingers bleed, but all of the info is out there. Do completed ebay searches and see what particular cards for sell in a particular grade.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Grading really isn't that complicated. Questions that a logical person would ask themself when deciding whether to grade a card:

- What do I think the card will grade?
    - What does the card sell for in that grade?
    - Is it worth grading based on this information?

You can come here and ask questions til your fingers bleed, but all of the info is out there. Do completed ebay searches and see what particular cards for sell in a particular grade. >>

That would be a fine idea, except the sample size gets pretty small when you start looking for completed auctions for 1969 Topps football in PSA 4.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    bump for mmync regarding the '69 lot.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

• << <i>bump for mmync regarding the '69 lot. >>

Hey Ahmanfan, my laptop died so I have spent all of my time trying to fix it, so I haven't been able to go through the cards yet. I finally got it fixed (I hope) and I will try to give you an idea of what I have in the next day or two. Remind me in a couple of days if you don't hear from me.