Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

TTM Question

Some of you may not know this, but I am collector of Dale Murphy. Shocking I know, have I mentioned that he should be in the hall, wait thats another thread. Never hurts to mention that, well I was wanting to mail some raw cards to the soon-to-be-elected-in-the-HOF outfielder and have him lay his John Hanc%^k on them. I am considering sending some of my cherry raw cards that I was planning on having graded. Is it possible to score a 9 or a 10 on an auto card or will the auto be considered to damage the card and preclude it from any high grade. P.S. PUT HIM IN THE HALL, wow that never seems to get old when I say that, now all together " PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!!!!!!!" I would repeat that last sentence but I don't really want to beat a dead horse, not that I have ever beat a dead horse, thats just a figure of speech, but if were to beat one I would use a circa 1982 game used Dale Murphy bat because he belongs in the hall of fame.

P.S. I did not that this board had a fliter, I had to alter John H.'s last name just to post this, I need to learn how to spell autograph
Collector of Dale Murphy
Collector of OPC 1980-1985

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to score a 9 or a 10 on an auto card

As long as you get the auto authenticated
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

<< <i>Some of you may not know this, but I am collector of Dale Murphy. Shocking I know, have I mentioned that he should be in the hall, wait thats another thread. Never hurts to mention that, well I was wanting to mail some raw cards to the soon-to-be-elected-in-the-HOF outfielder and have him lay his John Hanc%^k on them. I am considering sending some of my cherry raw cards that I was planning on having graded. Is it possible to score a 9 or a 10 on an auto card or will the auto be considered to damage the card and preclude it from any high grade. P.S. PUT HIM IN THE HALL, wow that never seems to get old when I say that, now all together " PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!!!!!!!" I would repeat that last sentence but I don't really want to beat a dead horse, not that I have ever beat a dead horse, thats just a figure of speech, but if were to beat one I would use a circa 1982 game used Dale Murphy bat because he belongs in the hall of fame.

P.S. I did not that this board had a fliter, I had to alter John H.'s last name just to post this, I need to learn how to spell autograph >>

Well if you decide to send something be prepared to wait or never get a reply. I sent two cards and waited 450 days to get them back. He has about a 30% success rate so don't get your hopes up.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Dont send them all at once. Send a couple seperate and see how it goes. Did I mention he shold be in the HOF?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone in this thread has mentioned it, but I really think Dale Murphy belongs in the HOF.
    Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.
  • Options
    Definitely start off with a couple cards that you wouldn't be crushed if they never came back and then once you have a positive result, send the good ones. The site I use for this sort of thing has 13 successes with no rejections, ranging anywhere from 7 days to 568 days, but he seems to be getting quicker recently. The address is one in Utah...if you need it, let me know but i'm sure you've got it.
    Steven Bloedow
    Collect Auctions
  • Options
    No I do not have his address, Any help in locating that would be great
    Collector of Dale Murphy
    Collector of OPC 1980-1985
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    Well if you decide to send something be prepared to wait or never get a reply. I sent two cards and waited 450 days to get them back. He has about a 30% success rate so don't get your hopes up.

you never know, i sent to koufax, hes got 4%,never though id get those back-was just sweetspot cars though but he signed em

and have him lay his John Hanc%^k

me and usmcsniper was talking about that one day a while back, could do carlos haith co ck the nam sniper either, stupid censor
  • Options

<< <i>No I do not have his address, Any help in locating that would be great >>

PM sent
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My TTM experience with him is old. In 1989, it took almost 2 years to get an auto back from him. I thought my request had been ditched, so in early 1991, I wrote to him again, this time when he was with the Phillies. Got that back in 11 months.

As for HOF, I'm on the fence.
  • Options
    Dale Murphy Collector. I have an autographed Phillies hat from Murphy from when he was with the team a couple years. PM me if you have any interest (it is not a fitted hat, but a Starter or The Game hat signed, brand new and never worn... I will have to pull it out of storage), and we will work something out.