Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

bulk submission question

The grading companies say to call for special rates on bulk submissions and I was wondering how many you would need to validate making the call.

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    FEW 100+++ I would think...
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call if it was less than 500 cards and even then I wouldn't expect much more than maybe $.50 or .75 off per card. There isn't much profit per card on bulk subs but it keeps the graders working in between regular subs.

Good luck!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I would think any amount would validate the call. Will you get a discount with any amount probably not. It would also depend on what you will be submitting. 100 5000.00 dollar cards might get you some sort of discount. While 100 25.00 cards would not.

Unless you call you won't know.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
  • Options
    25 or more
  • Options
    I would guess 500, possibly 1000. The only one's I think get a break regularly are the bulk sellers hitting a 1000 or more running auctions. (And they should get a discount).

But I agree with Steve, it does not hurt to call and ask.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I would think it depends on what type of service(tier) you need. Regular service should be over 25 and if you are submitting at the express service, I would think after about 20 or so you should get a price break. For bulk services- over 100. Just my 2 cents.
    Mickey71image
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I've "heard" you get a break on 684 card submissions. image
  • Options
    What's the prize for this contest? I'll guess 300 cards. image
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Good point by Steve on value of cards being submitted.

I submit mainly commons and I've always asked when I have 300 cards minimum and that might only get you $5 a card when there is no special. Good price breaks don't happen until you reach 1000 cards.

also try and get a reduced time frame. Say you get 500 cards at $4.50 try and get a 20 or 30 day turnaround

EDIT TO ADD:

and its best to email Joe directly with your request. That way when he response you can print the email and attached to your submission form
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi