Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

looking for a Mondern Auto set to build

A few years back I built the 1998 SP Authentic Auto baseball set and had a great time doing it. After completing it I had it professionally framed and really enjoy it (will post pic when I get home). Now I would like to build another.

Ok here is my goals:

1. Looking for a recent issued auto set to try and build.
2. Not looking for a set that's very sp'ed (not looking for the x/25 type set)
3. Not looking to spend 100's of dollars for every single card (have no problem paying for $100+ for top stars)
4. Looking for a nice set design
5. Ability to find the cards is a must... must be enough on ebay to make the set possible.
6. Set can be Baseball or Football
7. Would rather have established players in the set rather than heavy rookie base.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Comments

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    2007 allen & ginter or 2006 allen & ginter look great autographed because they are all white
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2004 spx stars
    2004 swatch supremacy auto

this is one of my favorites

i also am looking to do another auto set
    i have been starting the 2006 topps heritage red auto those are pretty nice

hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    1998 Donruss Significant Signatures
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    I have been working on 2002 Score select rookies and prospects This is a 99 card set which was only issued in Retail Target junk wax boxes, 20 packs for 19.99 with a bonus these were the bonus, Let me go find the checklist. They are in the "big books" and are very affordable. Mike
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    2006 Topps heritage Baseball, great looking cards, some great players, most expensive card should not be more than about $125 and most can be found for $20 to $50. I just finished this set last week, final card was Whitey Ford, $60

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)