Home Sports Talk
Options

What is YOUR personal All-Century Basball Team. Sorry, didnt know this was all used up!

I have noticed tons of topics about greatest players, Hitters, Homerun Hitters, Pitchers, ect....

Anyone want to put up their own personal All-Time Greats Baseball Team?

1 player per position. No back-ups.
1 D.H.
1 Left handed pitcher
1 Right handed pitcher
1 Closer...

Any era, year, decade, ect...

I dont think it's a must that the outfield is specific by postion. Im sure that any of the GREATS could play any.

Anyone?
Man I miss the 80's!!!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, Im pretty new. Always interested in this stuff. Love talking Baseball dream teams.

Man I miss the 80's!!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my lineup, It might not totally matchup with some other lineups I have put up but here it is today!

C-Josh Gibson
    1B-Pujols
    2B-Robby Alomar
    SS-Arod
    3B-Schmidt
    OF-Bonds
    OF-Ricky Henderson
    OF-Mays
    DH-Ted Williams
    RHP-Randy Johnson
    LHP-Spahn
    Rel-Rivera
  • Options
    Funny thing is perkdog. There is no perfect lineup. On any given day, Ruth, Williams, Mays, and any other baseball great could strikeout.

These guys all play at such a high level, your lineup could beat any other given lineup on any day.

Interesting chioce on Alomar. I was a Ryno fan myself. Roberto was a total bada**. Great glove, base stealer, .300 lifetime, double machine, had some power too.

Thanks for the reply. I know it's an old topic. Im new, so I thought it had been at least a while since this came up. I love seing other peoples lineups.

Some go for power, some for Avg, some modern, old, ect...

Fun though!
    Man I miss the 80's!!!
  • Options
    It is a fun topic and you are 100% correct! I would not have any problem with someone swapping in Ruth, Dimaggio,Aaron, Gherig,Musial,ect.. ect.. ect..!
  • Options
    C-Johnny Bench
    1B-Lou Gherig
    2B-Jeff Kent
    3B-Mike Schmidt
    SS-Alex Rodriguez
    OF-Ichiro
    OF-Barry Bonds
    OF-Ted Williams
    DH-Edgar Martinez
    LHP-Sandy Koufax
    RHP-Walter Johnson
    RP-Goose Gossage

lineup:

1. Ichiro
    2. Schmidt
    3. Arod
    4. Bonds
    5. Williams
    6. Gherig
    7. Kent
    8. Martinez
    9. Bench
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ichiro over Mickey Mantle or Willie Mays?? You must be kidding!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Ichiro over Mickey Mantle or Willie Mays?? You must be kidding! >>

I didn't see you questioning perk's inclusion of Henderson over Mantle....and you dare to call *me* argumentative?

Where is YOUR list, bub? Why are you downing one man's opinion?

Good god does it just suck to be you or what?
  • Options

<< <i>Good god does it just suck to be you or what? >>

Coming from THE TROLL that has to be the funniest thing he has ever asked of a board memberimage
  • Options
    And yet another clown shows up to attempt to insult me, yet has not posted a list.

Again I ask, you dare to call *me* confrontational?
  • Options

<< <i>And yet another clown shows up to attempt to insult me >>

Ax, you insult yourself every time you post. We just watch and enjoy the ride image.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see you questioning perk's inclusion of Henderson over Mantle....and you dare to call *me* argumentative?

No, I call you an absolute idiot who for some ungodly reason continues to play the role of the Village Idiot on these boards. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Perk, I must say you have one glaring hole in your team! How good will Randy Johnson be throwing with his right hand? image

-Skin
  • Options
    You know......lots of BIG names pop up miissing on great teams .....

Ray Oyler
    Mario Mendoza
    Ron Kittle
    Mark Belanger

Come on guys...help me out....who else is missing ? image
  • Options
    gemmint, grote attacking my choices without themselves taking some time to put their own team together speaks volumes about who the real troublemakers are on these boards.

(here's hint, its not me).
  • Options

<< <i>Perk, I must say you have one glaring hole in your team! How good will Randy Johnson be throwing with his right hand? image

-Skin >>

image I always forget who is a lefty or righty.. image
  • Options

<< <i>gemmint, grote attacking my choices without themselves taking some time to put their own team together speaks volumes about who the real troublemakers are on these boards.

(here's hint, its not me). >>

Here's the thing Ax - I open up a thread that interests me. Then I read through all of the comments. I start thinking about what I want to post. Then I run into some moronic comment by you, and I decide you need to be smacked around.

Ask the board if they think I'm the problem or you're the problem. You and I both know the answer to that one image.
  • Options
    spammy-

the only smacking you do is to yourself, and what you do to yourself is illegal in some states.

Again, it speaks VOLUMES that instead of posting an all century team, you'd instead run your yap and start an argument about MY choices...proves you're just an argumentative little b***h who would rather argue than have a discussion.
  • Options
    c-josh gibson
    1b-gherig
    2b-Rogers Hornsby
    3b-Mike schmidt
    ss-A-rod
    of-Babe Ruth
    of-Willie mays
    of-Ted williams
    Dh-Ortiz
    LHP-Spahn
    RHP-Walter JOhnson
    Closer-Mariano Rivera

This list tends to change everytime i reply to this question, so it is not set in stone.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    c-Dave Engle
    1b-Ron Jackson
    2b-Rob Wilfong
    3b-John Castino
    ss-Houston Jiminez
    of-Wille Norwood
    of-Hosken Powell
    of-Dan Ford
    Dh-Lenny Faedo
    LHP-David West
    RHP-Terry Felton
    Closer-Ron Davis
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    C - Dan Wilson
    1B - John Olerud
    2B - Bret Boone
    3B - David Bell
    SS - Carlos Guillen
    OF - Al Martin/Stan Javier
    OF - Mike Cameron
    OF - Ichiro
    DH - Edgar Martinez
    RHP - Freddy Garcia
    LHP - Jamie Moyer
    CP - Kazuhiro Sasaki
    Travis
  • Options
    << C-Johnny Bench
    1B-Lou Gherig
    2B-Jeff Kent
    3B-Mike Schmidt
    SS-Alex Rodriguez
    OF-Ichiro
    OF-Barry Bonds
    OF-Ted Williams
    DH-Edgar Martinez
    LHP-Sandy Koufax
    RHP-Walter Johnson
    RP-Goose Gossage>>

Gehrig
    G E H R I G

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    C-Yogi Berra
    1B-Lou Gehrig
    2B-Rogers Hornsby
    3B-Alex Rodriguez
    SS-Derek Jeter
    OF-Mantle
    OF-Musial
    OF-Ted Williams
    DH-Ortiz
    LHP-Sandy Koufax
    RHP-Walter Johnson
    Closer-Mariano Rivera

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Thats pretty much my team except Musial. No doubt one of the best in any era. I just love Mays.

Thanks to all for the great replies. I know it is a tired concept. But it is alway's fun. My lineup changes all the time.

Many people take Bench at catcher. He was unreal. I love Berra myself, nothing but a WINNER through and through.
    Man I miss the 80's!!!