Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Curtis Granderson - 20 HR, 3B, 2B, SB

Curtis Granderson is on pace to hit 41 doubles, 25 triples, 22 home runs and steal 19 bases. I believe Willie Mays in 1957 is the only player to go 20+ in all four categories. Pretty cool.

/s/ JackWESQ

P.S. Owen "Chief" Wilson hit 36 triples in 1912. Now that's an untouchable record!

Comments

• Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    and hes a great outfielder too...he saved the game for the tigers tonight...
  • Options

<< <i>and hes a great outfielder too...he saved the game for the tigers tonight... >>

Just saw the replay. Awesome catch indeed!
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Rollins also has a chance at this....he already has everything but triples (currently 15)
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

That better go into any Top 10 list as one of the best diving catches ever!!
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Wow
  • Options

<< <i>Not only did Juan Samuel accomplish this feat -- he did it 4 straight years!
    And he would have done it 5 times, except for 9 triples that year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/samueju01.shtml >>

Except that the feat we are discussing is different. Thanks for playing.
  • Options
    Great catch last night by Granderson. He is indeed having a super year. We've got a tough schedule ahead of us with many games against the Indians and Yankees.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Well, Granderson did it today. He now has 21 HRs, 22 3B, 36 2B and 20 SB, joining only Willie Mays and Frank "Wildfire" Schulte. Congratulations.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody who hits 20 triples and 20 homers is someone with rare gifts. He's a fine player on a team that I admire and that I hope can snag the Wild Card in the AL.
  • Options
    He's also a class act, In the game i went to this year with my son he stayed at the left field fence a good 20 mintues after the other few tigers had left signing for little kids.
    Collector of 71 Kelloggs Football and Unitas cards.
  • Options
    I've never met Mr. Granderson or have any first (or second hand) experience / knowledge of him, but it's good to hear that other people have positive experiences with him. Anybody with access to the POP please post a POP history on him? Now he's a player worth collecting. I guess I'm just infatuated with the 3B.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably an obvious statement, but the triple count is a factor of the ballpark Granderson plays in. He is fast but not lightning fast.

From all accounts, he is indeed a class individual, and he is definitely an articulate young man.

The strange part is, watching him everyday, I get the sense that he still can get even better. He has improved tremendously from last year, and I think he can continue to improve. He has decreased his strikeout totals and there's no reason he won't improve that as well in the next few years.

He is an excellent defensive centerfielder. His only weakness is his arm, which is below average.
  • Options

<< <i>and hes a great outfielder too...he saved the game for the tigers tonight... >>

During the game Rod mentioned that he is a slam dunk for top 5 in the MVP voting this year.
  • Options
    a superb player that can still get better.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    I ended up trading Kelly Johnson for him in my Fantasy League earlier in the year. Needless to say he has put me into second place
  • Options
    Jack,

Year Company Card No Name Variety 1-2 7 8 9 10 Total
    2002 BOWMAN CHROME DRAFT PICKS 71 CURTIS GRANDERSON DRAFT PICKS 0 0 5 63 69 137
    2002 BOWMAN CHROME DRAFT PICKS 71 CURTIS GRANDERSON DRAFT PICKS-REFRACTOR 0 0 0 18 6 24
    2002 BOWMAN CHROME DRAFT PICKS 71 CURTIS GRANDERSON DRAFT PICKS-XFRACTOR 0 0 0 6 1 7
    2002 BOWMAN CHROME DRAFT PICKS 71 CURTIS GRANDERSON DRAFT PICKS-GOLD REF. 0 0 0 2 2 4
    2002 BOWMAN DRAFT PICKS 71 CURTIS GRANDERSON DRAFT PICKS-GOLD 0 0 1 0 0 1
    2002 BOWMAN DRAFT PICKS 71 CURTIS GRANDERSON DRAFT PICKS 1 0 0 0 0 1
    2002 U.D. PROSPECT PREMIERES 14 CURTIS GRANDERSON 0 0 1 3 4 8
    2003 GRANDSTAND FL.ST.LEG.TOP PROS. CURTIS GRANDERSON F.S.L. TOP PROSPECT 0 1 0 0 0 1
    2006 TOPPS 444 CURTIS GRANDERSON 0 0 0 0 2 2

I hope you can make out this mess, but it's the current pop report on Granderson.
  • Options
    Jimmy Rollins just smacked his 20th triple of the season. That makes him and Mr. Granderson as having 20 HR, 3B, 2B, and SB. How amazing is that?!

Right now, Granderson has the following numbers:

.301 BA
    121 Runs
    184 Hits
    38 2B
    23 3B
    23 HR
    74 RBI
    26 SB

He's not going to win the MVP over ARod, but I'd love to see him finish 2nd or 3rd. And for Rollins? His numbers are:

.295 BA
    139 Runs
    211 Hits
    38 2B
    20 3B
    30 HR
    94 RBI
    41 SB

I think he's got to be the NL MVP with those numbers, more so if the Phillies make the playoffs over the Mets.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    Granderson is a great young talented player. He had a great season playing for the great Detroit ballclub. And he's about as humble and classy a player as you could ever find.