Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My big submission was split into two... this ever happen to anyone?

I sent in a submission of 682 cards last week. Last night I get two emails from PSA. My sub had been split into a 335 card and 347 card order with two different order numbers. This ever happen to anyone else? Do they get graded at the same time? I'm assuming they do since I paid just one shipping charge.

Comments

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I had just the opposite happen to me last week. I sent in two invoices of 10 cards each on a 5 day sub. I got one email saying that it was entered into the system, but the other did not show up as being entered in. After three days of talking with PSA, it was brought to our attention that PSA combined the two invoices for service reasons without discussing this with me. My point in having two invoices and paying for the extra shipping was that if the grader of death hits one on a bad day the whole invoice is not ruined. The other was because a friend of mine had two of the same cards that I did and we did not want to swap the cards because of the difference in value of the grade.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I've done that before but they never did that to me. That is odd that they would combine them.
    I just talked to PSA and they said the orders would still grade and ship together so, whatever I guess. He had no explanation as to why they would split the order. There was no logical separation either. It was in the middle of some 89 Football that they made the split and it wasn't an even number of lines. ie line 200 which may have indicated a limit in the data entry system or something. There was no sport separation either. Weird.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    And yes, I had a 1500 sub. split by PSA into 3 invoices after Joe asked me to send it under one submission.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    yes, i've had this happen on larger submissions.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    How were your turnaround times with those large submissions?
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    That just happened to me on my sub, it was 960 cards. Nice thing though that one of the subs was done in 3 days. The other I'm still waiting for since July 14th. At least half of my order was done quick though so I can't complain.
  • Options
    Wait a second...so they graded it as two different subs too? Did they try and charge you anything else for shipping or anything?
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    you have already paid for shipping. they do not charge extra. from what i remember, mine were done close together but were separate nonetheless.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    No, they didn't charge me extra shipping. But, that sub cost me $200 in return shipping anyways so it would have taken a big set on someone's part to ask for more.
  • Options

<< <i>I had just the opposite happen to me last week. I sent in two invoices of 10 cards each on a 5 day sub. I got one email saying that it was entered into the system, but the other did not show up as being entered in. After three days of talking with PSA, it was brought to our attention that PSA combined the two invoices for service reasons without discussing this with me. My point in having two invoices and paying for the extra shipping was that if the grader of death hits one on a bad day the whole invoice is not ruined. The other was because a friend of mine had two of the same cards that I did and we did not want to swap the cards because of the difference in value of the grade.

Shane >>

Shane, they just did this to me too with a tallboy order recently. I mailed them in together but wanted them graded separately because some were a friends sub and the other sub. was mine. PSA just combined them without ever contacting me. They thought they were doing me a solid by saving me on the shipping.
    Nice of them to consider that, but if they're so combining crazy lately then why do tallboys have to be sent in on separate invoices all the time? Why not just combine them into the grading of regular size cards and make the accounting and shipping easier.

Sorry for the thead stealing...

To answer your question about big subs., I think PSA has a limit in their system of up to 500 cards. At least that's what Carol told me once at a show when I was dropping off an 800 card order. They got broken into two orders.
  • Options
    There may be a cutoff but it's not at 500 cards. I had one graded at 675 cards but my 960 got broken in 2. So, maybe the cutoff is like 750?
  • Options
    My sub was only 682 cards. Split 367 and 335.
  • Options
    For you guys with the combined shipment problem, I have had this before and now I always ship a number of days apart to make sure they stay seperate. It has always worked to this point in time.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    Whenever I have had a large submission, I talked to Joe in advance to work out the process. I've then added a cover letter to my submission forms reflecting what he & I discussed and how this was to be handled. Never had a problem doing it this way.
  • Options
    I did exactly that. And my order was split. No idea why. I even included a copy of the email exchange he and I had and sent the box to his attention. It got checked in within 2 days. I have no issues so far, just thought it was odd that it was split in what seemed an arbitrary manner. Not split on a line number, number of cards, sport, year or anything. Just split. Whatever. As long as they are graded accurately and timely, I don't care.
  • Options
    Last time it happened to me, I received an excessive amount of PSA 10'simage
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi