Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Where can you buy 2007 Allen and Ginter boxes?

Not from eBay or from hobby shops. I mean like Wal-mart, Target, etc....??

...and typically how much are they?

I just bought a box on eBay for $100 shipped. Hope I didn't get ripped off, but it seemed like a fair deal.

-- Ryan
-- Ryan Bell

Comments

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    you got a good deal. All the shops are getting 120+ around here now

• Options
    $100 for a hobby box is a good price. Retail (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) should be $2.99 a pack or a "blaster box" of 8 packs for $19.99. It's best to stick to blaster boxes for full boxes that look untouched.
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I get my boxes from Blowout cards. They have a very fair price on their cases and boxes. They also ship fast. I paid $104.00 for a hobby box.
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$100 for a hobby box is a good price. Retail (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) should be $2.99 a pack or a "blaster box" of 8 packs for $19.99. It's best to stick to blaster boxes for full boxes that look untouched. >>

So both Target AND Wal-Mart carry these?

What about Sam's wholesale?

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options

<< <i>$100 for a hobby box is a good price. Retail (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) should be $2.99 a pack or a "blaster box" of 8 packs for $19.99. It's best to stick to blaster boxes for full boxes that look untouched. >>

...oh, and what's a blaster box? Just a box with 8 packs in it?
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    Yep. Made for Target or walmart.
  • Options

<< <i>Yep. Made for Target or walmart. >>

But everyone's been saying that you can't pull anything particularly great out of those, huh?

Guess we have to stick with the $100+ hobby boxes. What a shame you can't get those at Walmart.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    I never buy the single packs from Walmart or Target. The unopened boxes I do not have much luck with. Maybe its just me. I do buy them sometimes because its so hard to resist a $20 box.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    sams dont have cards at all anymore for some reson, used too,ive bought about 6 boxes from a dealer here for 85.00 a box,never got the blaster boxes from walmart yet-gonna hid in the womens clothes till the card person scoots by,then grab em and run to the register lol, theyve had em, i just miss em, timing is everything,we'll do a steakout, ill see you in womens lengerie rack!!!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm steak-out!
  • Options
    Blaster boxes usually produce quality cards. Many times blasters out do the hobby boxes. A couple of years ago the heritage blasters were averaging more than one SP per pack in some cases, this years Topps Chrome is better in the retail than Hobby due to the blue refractors.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Wow i must have got a deal of a life time. I planned on buying a couple boxes at the National (From Dave and Adams where the Mother Tressa was pulled from) but my local dealer emailed me and said he had recieved two cases and was selling them for $83 a hobby box until Friday. I responed and said I would be in on the weekend and he honored the price. Now he is selling them for $94. I got a sweet deal to say the least. I have had no luck with Target/Warmart ect on blaster boxes.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    piced up a hobby box last week from the lcoal shop for 80! i thougt it was high!