Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2007 Upper Deck Artifacts...

I mean, are these things great or what?! I got 2 game used and one auto out of one box. I bought it at Wally World tonight not thinking too much about it. Scanners down so I'll tell you what I got...

1. Chris Ray auto.
2. Manny Ramirez Jersey
3. Bobby Abreu Divisional Artifact Jersey
4. Quad Bat R. Ventura, A. Beltre, S. Rolen, and E. Alfonzo
5. Old Judge Materials David Ortiz Jersey

This was two boxes!!! 5 Game Used out of 2 boxes. Amazing! I also pulled a Frank Thomas Bat out of a 2007 Topps Series One pack tonight. It's been one heck of a night.
Anyone else enjoying this set? As soon as the scanners back up I'll post pics. Thanks!

Guru

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Thats better than the hobby boxes of that CRAP! Waste of $90 on most breaks. We already have a thread about this so check that out.
  • Options
    That Frank Thomas is amazing from the 2007 series 1 .
    I only opened an easy 50 boxes of each series and have yet to pull any autos or any memorabilia cards .

The best card I pulled from either series is The Dice K with the Japanese print on front and no signature .

I'm not really crying about it though, I got to help a couple of friends finish some sets , so that counts for something and I get satisfaction from that alone .

Cool pull Mr.Guru .
    If you get a chance , oh skip it , the scanners down image
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    My packs were pretty bad for a blaster but the memorabilia hit was a quad bat from the '02 Vintage series. Not too bad.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i fianlly got one of dice-k with the japanese on the front,have you bought any of the team sets they have in wal mart of yankees and red sox?,they grade horrible!terrible packaging,plus the stupid black borders knock em way down,i musta bought 50 of the red sox and 25 of the yankees for the dice-k and jeters- i sent in all the dice ks- 1psa 10- were probably 40-50 teams set lol,if u get a 10 in it consider yourself lucky ,the 2 or 3 free inches in the packaging beats the cards to death before they even hit the shelves!
    randy
    you have better luck than me on buying stuff at wal mart of late,thats for sure!happy hunting!!!
    randy
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,445 ✭✭

<< <i>Thats better than the hobby boxes of that CRAP! Waste of $90 on most breaks. We already have a thread about this so check that out. >>

And that my friend is why I no longer buy boxes of cards - I'll get a few packs here and there, but I refuse to drop that kind of jack on something when I will wind up with nothing.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thats better than the hobby boxes of that CRAP! Waste of $90 on most breaks. We already have a thread about this so check that out. >>

And that my friend is why I no longer buy boxes of cards - I'll get a few packs here and there, but I refuse to drop that kind of jack on something when I will wind up with nothing. >>

Tell me about it - yet I still keep buying stuff to rip.

I bought 4 boxes of 07 SPx baseball, at $163 a box last week. I pulled some nice cards, including two 1/1 cards (a Ripken insert and a Ray Durham printing plate), a Philip Hughes RC auto redemption, autos of Papelbon, Lester, Delmon Young, Andrew Miller, and a slew of low numbered patch and jersey cards with many big names (Griffey, Jeter, etc.). And, a Kei Igawa Spectrum RC auto /25 (I know he stinks, but still!) Not bad, right?

Since nothing really struck me as worth keeping, I Ebayed it all - and lost money. Probably got back half what I spent after you factor in fees and such. Not a huge deal to me, but what about kids that buy this stuff? How can they afford to lose hundreds of dollars like that?

It's not exactly a news flash, but the modern hobby is headed for a fall.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I'm one of those kids and I hate it that you can barely make your money back on a box. I've never sold on ebay but Im about to start and I'm kinda scared haha. That's also why I stay away from $163 boxes. I'm fine with my $50 Donruss Diamond Kings!
  • Options
    Yea, I only bought 1 team set of each though .
    I thought it was kinda silly to package them that way , naturally they're going to get beat up in those packages .

I have to say, the nicest card I have from the 2007 Topps is one I purchased from a member of the board , a Copper Reyes # to 56 .

Thanks again Mr.Allen <~~~ Great guy BTW

I'm not in it for the resale only for the collection end , but of course you want to have the best pulls < Shrug >