Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What was the best card you had graded from??

What has been the single best card you have had graded in the last 3 months????? A PSA 10 that you thought was an 8 or something like that? Post pics if you got them..
I think mine was the 1969 Reggie Jackson PSA 8

Comments

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    40 31814080 1992 HOOPS 451 CHARLES BARKLEY N/A 9

It was a long search, but I finally got it!
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, we have a few people who like to make jokes.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of the Reggie Jackson 8, did you sell it or are you still mulling over your next move?

As far as personal experience, I bought a group of 20 Jimmy Smith rookies for .99 + shipping a little over a year ago. I sent in about 8 during a $5 grading special, got seven 10's and sold them for an average of $50 or $60 apiece. That was nice. It's not often you get a group of gem mint raw on eBay, or anywhere for that matter.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, we have a few people who like to make jokes. >>

Okay how about these? Hawaii Trade show autos. Pretty scarce.They are obviously not graded but they will be going any day now. I have about 10 freebies to use up

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Who would want a Marino/Rice/Emmitt auto? Do people actually collect those guys?

You must've paid a bundle for them lawn.

Lee

<< <i>Who would want a Marino/Rice/Emmitt auto? Do people actually collect those guys?

You must've paid a bundle for them lawn.

Lee >>

Yeah too much image I wouldnt pay what I paid for them now, I have other priorities image
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok, we have a few people who like to make jokes. >>

Okay how about these? Hawaii Trade show autos. Pretty scarce.They are obviously not graded but they will be going any day now. I have about 10 freebies to use up

image >>

Lawn told me he would cut the Emmitt Favre card in half if I wanted the Favre auto. Nice guy Matt is.

As for best card I graded, it would have to be a PSA 9 Ron Yary rookie (damn vikings) or a PSA 9 1963 Bob Uecker. The Ueker is not worth much but I found it in a box of football cards. Hell of a find
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    I've submitted many , many cards , but there are 3 submissions that I'm very proud of. All 3 are of sets that no one in their right mind would collect, but I do collect them non the less. One is a 1973 Topps Candy lid of Nate Colbert that graded out a 7. Big whipp one might say , but of all 309 Candy lids there have been 2 sevens and 1 nine. This is one of the sevens. Another one is a 1976 Laughlin Diamond Jubilee of Nate Colbert that graded a "10". In this set 15 of 68 cards have come back a 10, but I still love the card anyway. The last one is from the 1993 Ted Williams Co- Locklear set. Its a Babe Ruth graded out as a "10". As soon as I pull it , I knew it was a 10.

I am very computer retarted and simply lack what it takes to post photos here. The only one that has a findable photo is the 1993 Ruth card which is parked on ebay.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell

<< <i>

Lawn told me he would cut the Emmitt Favre card in half if I wanted the Favre auto. Nice guy Matt is.
    >>

I'd rather cut the tip of my finger off................oh wait a minute, I did that already.

I'm a nice guy but not that nice image
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭
    I scored a 9 on a '76 Reggie Jackson. Pretty pleased with that.
  • PSA 9 Ron Yary rookie (damn vikings)

Very nice.

Go, Vikes!

My wife's grandfather was a Packer, so I've got all this dead guy's Packer junk around my house!image
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I sent in a raw 1973 Aaron and it came back as a PSA 9. I also scored a PSA 10 on a 84 Donruss that was a pop 1

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    If anyone needs a 1988 fleer mini Don mattingly PSA 5...

Will listen to all trade offers.. I doubt anyone has enough cash to buy it outright..

Also have a curt schilling 1992 topps gold psa 9 o/c..

Submitted both of these myself and tears come to my eyes when i think how blessed i was..