Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

How do you store your raw GPKs?

I finally dug out the brick of Garbage Pail Kids cards I stashed away - back in the 80s I bought a bunch of wax packs, opened them and put them away. Turns out they are still sharp cornered, crisp and pack fresh. So I figured I'd binder them and put 'em away again, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you separate them by "a" and "b", or would you put, say, 92b right next to 92a?

2. I've checked some references, but does anybody have info (besides the pop report) that would indicate which cards are tough to find centered? I have some cards where 5 of the 6 are way off and the 6th card is centered nicely.

3. Do these cards have any redeeming social value whatsoever?image

BTW - All I have is a small stack of third series and a pretty large stack of 5th series.
Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1. Do you separate them by "a" and "b", or would you put, say, 92b right next to 92a? >>

I've seen it done both ways. I usually put the twins next to each other.

<< <i>3. Do these cards have any redeeming social value whatsoever?image >>

Definately yes. I credit my entire adult moral structure to the influence that GPK's had on me as a kid image
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Steve - is your avatar from the first series?

Do you have any idea about which cards might be tough to find centered? Of course, this is a very self serving question, since I'm trying to figure out what I've got here.image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    MY GPK collection was stolen in elementary school (sets, series 3-12)...I bought a 4th series box a few months ago to rebuild my collection.

I had forgotten about the jokes on the back. They take me back to mad magazine, and this fun 80's humor.

I store them, B right behind A. Seems to make sense.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Thanks kid - I'm doing it that way too.

I also like your reference to Mad magazine - I grew up in the '50s when Mad magazine was the last word in irreverant humor. GPK definitely owes more than a tip of the cap to Alfred E.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    Have all of the 1st and 3rd sets and I put them in 1a,1b,2a,2b.... order it makes it easier to compare the "grossly" names they were given.

On your question #2, I just know that when I collected them in '86 the Adam Bomb was the hardest one to get in Phila area, that was when we didnot care about centering, just the card!

James
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Seems like some of the cards were short printed.

I remember my 3rd series set, and I had the hardest time finding one card to complete the puzzle on the back. I ended up getting the card in a trade from a kid I knew, but even then, it was only the puzzle back, the front sticker was gone.

And there's alot of them off centered. I'll post the 4th series ones I have tonight that I don't have centered.
  • Options
    Here's my 4th series OC cards.....all 90-10. Is Duncan Pumpkin the short print of the series? The only card of the set I didnt get in the box.

135 B

137 B

140 B

145 B

149 B

159 B