Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1981 Drake's / Topps Baseball Cards

Hello All,
Is there any value in getting these cards graded? I am in the process of putting together a bulk order so we are looking at all said and done a cost $8 to get each card graded. Anyone think I can get $15 a card on eBay? I don't see many at all in general, none that have been graded.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Just my opinion, but I think you will need to get 10s to have any chance of selling them at a nice profit to player master set collectors.

From the pop report, 88 have been graded with 1 10, 17 9s, and 52 8s. Pete Rose is the most popular.
  • Options
    Thanks, that is what I thought. Maybe I will just sell the set I have on eBay without grading, maybe get more that way....
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Raw sets don't sell for much, and only the stars sell for decent money in a PSA 9 or 10 holder, which are very difficult to get on that issue...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i agree with MS in that you need to pull a 9 minimum. 10s are difficult and will net some good return on the stars.

good luck. as an oddball set, i like them.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    These cards are very tough in PSA 9 or above. I'd just sell them raw and move on.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I had at one time submitted a few. I had 20 sets from vending (yes, they came in vending boxes too) to pull the best of the best from. Guess what...NO 9's or 10's. I consider myself to be pretty good at guessing PSA grades (I have sent in a lot) but they are graded TOUGH. All mine came back 8's and thought they were all lock 9s minimum. Maybe I just got a tough grader that day too.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I went through a vending box myself, once, and only got a few 9's from the whole lot of 500.

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I must correct myself...I did get one PSA 9 in the entire group.