Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Let's follow this one along...

Here we go again. (And it's not Larry Block.)

On January 15, I bought eBay item 220069780497, a PSA 8 Johnny Orsino from 1967. I paid via Paypal immediately.

On February 5, I asked the seller if everything was okay with the deal, as I had not yet received the card. No response...no card.

On March 7, I asked him again, very nicely, where the card was. Heck, the guy has great feedback, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Response? Nothing. And still no card.

My next move is to email him, and voice my displeasure with his lack of follow-through and communication, and give him until March 15 to deliver the card to my mailbox, or I will post a neg (can I still do that 60 days later??).

I will hold off emailing him until I hear any better ideas from the gallery.

Thanks, guys!

Nick

Comments

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the act of requesting the guy's ebay information should spur him to action. Always feels like an intrusion to me.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've been more patient than I would've been. January 15th and still no card and no replies?
    You've got a legitimate beef. hope you get the card. Good luck.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    I'll have yours out in the morning Joe....don't need you getting a legitimate beef as well...image
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I have an extra 1967 Orsino PSA 9 if you want it.

Larry
    Capecards
  • Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Sounds very much like a situation I had a couple months ago. Won a $35 card (1973 Jim Hunter PSA 9) from a guy with feedback around 98%. Sent my check, 7-8 days later it clears my bank. Couple weeks go by with no card. I email him and am told it was mailed, just be patient because it is holiday season. I say fine. Couple weeks go by, still no card so I email again. He says it must be lost, I'll send you a refund. Couple weeks go by, no refund. I email again. He says refund was sent, be patient. Finally as we near a couple months I email again and tell him it certainly is possible that the card got lost, although it has never happened in over 2500 transactions...but for both a card and then a refund to get lost, very unlikely...so let's try to settle this. No response. I email again...no response. So I finally give him a negative, fully expecting to get one back....which never happened. End result is I'm out $39. He gets $39 and a negative which drops his rating a few tenths, never hear from him again. One of the few bad experiences I've had on ebay, but I still expect people to be honest and at least try to solvr problems.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    I would have filed a complaint with Pay Pal after 2 weeks. Even if you got the card shortly thereafter, at least you would have started the ball rolling toward a refund. My advice would be don't wait, ever. Always take the proper steps to protect yourself.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    This is sickening.

I filed a complaint with eBay, and the seller responded (in a nasty manner) that, too bad, he mailed it, and I'm out of luck. Ebay will not back me (item costs too little) and PayPal won't either (too small for them to bother).

If I leave a neg for this clown (id: imperialcruiser), I'm sure I'll get a retaliatory. Guess it's not worth it.

Sad part is, I was on the other end of similar a loss in December. Buyer (id: wowocards) claimed they never received my cards, and I got stuck for that one as well. (I saw similar cards in a Beckett holder for sale on their site a few weeks later.)

I posted the id's for your reference.

Rats!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i didn't think negative "replies or retaliation" counted against you. if the guy deserves a neg, neg him.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Two points, a person has 45 days in which to file, not 30.

also, feedback can be left for up to 90 days. Sometimes longer.

I know that 45 days has passed in this case but it was posted that 30 days was the protocol.

Paypal and ebay do not care how much is involved as long as youfollow the protocols.

Sorry this happened to you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    SOM,
    Sorry to hear this. You were more than patient. Ebay and paypal suck. I would email the seller and ask why he didn't respond to your previous inquires. Poor business practices on his part.

As a good buddy of mine calls it, I would give the seller a 'stick of dynamite' (meaning a NEG.). That is of course if you don't mind putting yourself at risk for a retaliatory neg. from him.

Other buyers need to be made aware at the lack of professionalism
    this seller has displayed in basically blowing off your loss and not responding to your requests on the item. He could have at least offered to split the difference with you on the loss. That would be fair.

Regards,
    Rich
  • Options
    What the hell good is EBAY's feedback system if a deadbeat can retaliate and give you one ?

My Sports Cards/Magazines

Cards/Mags
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭

<< <i>This is sickening.

I filed a complaint with eBay, and the seller responded (in a nasty manner) that, too bad, he mailed it, and I'm out of luck. Ebay will not back me (item costs too little) and PayPal won't either (too small for them to bother).

If I leave a neg for this clown (id: imperialcruiser), I'm sure I'll get a retaliatory. Guess it's not worth it.

Sad part is, I was on the other end of similar a loss in December. Buyer (id: wowocards) claimed they never received my cards, and I got stuck for that one as well. (I saw similar cards in a Beckett holder for sale on their site a few weeks later.)

I posted the id's for your reference.

Rats! >>

imperialcruiser huh, yeah that guy owes me $260. I purchased a raw Ernie Banks rookie from him last year sometime and I sent it in to be graded by PSA and it came back trimmed. I politely emailed him and told him the situation and that I would return the card and I would like my money back. He tells me, it came from his own collection and this is a mistake but he says he will refund my money. Anyways I send the card with delivery conf. and even though it states that he received he claims he did not receive it. By this time claim time from Paypal has passed and I paid with an instant transfer from checking acct. so credit card dispute is out of the question.

Anyways, I have only bought PSA, BGS, or SGC graded cards since, nothing raw. I am out $260 bucks, but I learned a valuable lesson. So to sum up up this post, avoid this schmuck like the plague.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Pointing out bad cats is one superb benefit of this board! Looks like we've nailed another one.

I feel better already!