Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Question about 1955 Topps BB.

Well I have decided to do a raw set of 1955 Topps BB in EX.cond. I have the opportunity to buy a lot of approx. 160 commons that would grade out mostly 5s and 6s. With the set only having 206 cards, that is a good start. My question is what do you guys think is a reasonable price to pay? I have a pretty good relationship with the store owner, but sometimes his prices are all over the map. Sometimes I walk out of the store thinking I got a deal, and other times I feel raped. I am going to go there next week and see what he wants for them. Right now he is going through them and taking out doubles and the less cond. cards. If I were to guess, I think he will be asking around $1200.00

Comments

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    160 diff ex 1955T at 1200 (or 7.50 a card ) is reasonable. Gotta be some semi-ish stars in there. You are also paying a couple of bucks premium for that large of starter set. Singes in PSA 5-6 go for less than $8 on ebay, but you gotta pick 'em off.

Hope this helps.

John
    Wondo

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>160 diff ex 1955T at 1200 (or 7.50 a card ) is reasonable. Gotta be some semi-ish stars in there. You are also paying a couple of bucks premium for that large of starter set. Singes in PSA 5-6 go for less than $8 on ebay, but you gotta pick 'em off.
    >>

Definately a good deal. If you had to pick 'em off on ebay some run higher, and you have to add shipping image
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    i don't think that's a bad price since you get to look them over before buying with no shipping cost and hopefully you'll get some high numbers in that condition which would be a plus. i'm also trying to put a raw set together in ex (psa 5-6) condition. it tough buying off of ebay and other sites since you really can't see the cards, i know they run about $4-$5 each atleast (if not more, but that's what i'm looking to pay for them) when i can find them in decent condition. i would pay the extra $1-$2 if i could see them first and have. $7-$8 for a nice common is decent deal. if you have any doubles and are looking to trade let me know, i have a some to trade.
    thanks
    fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    If they are true 5's and 6's pay $950 and show it when offering it. Around $6 ea is max what I would pay for each based on that they are all fairly common.

Dave D.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If they are true 5's and 6's pay $950 and show it when offering it. Around $6 ea is max what I would pay for each based on that they are all fairly common.

Dave D. >>

Dave, Thats more the price I am thinking. I usually get good deals from the guy when I buy lots. A couple of weeks ago I bought a nice lot of 52 Topps BB for a good deal. But when I buy singles, theres not really a deal to be had with him. Well who knows, I'll make an offer, all he can do is say no.
  • Options
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Over $7 a card is a little steep for EX raw. Just my humble opinion. Of coarse, getting them all one by one (or even 10 by 10) of ebay would kill you on the shipping.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Over $7 a card is a little steep for EX raw. Just my humble opinion. Of coarse, getting them all one by one (or even 10 by 10) of ebay would kill you on the shipping. >>

15 years ago, ok ok remeber when...Solid ex cards at card shows would bring 7.50 a piece, I knwo cause I paid it! I think ebay and the new beckett format have killed the prices of vintage commons. Which is a good thing if you are a buyer!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten ex commons for $3-4 on ebay and at shows, of course I buy a couple or a handful at a time and it's not as convenient. Now if your talking high numbers, $7 each isn't bad.
    JOhn
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Most of the commons are in the 1 -150 range with a couple dozen in the high numbers.

I appreciate everybodys thoughts. I am going to make him an offer early next week. Hopefully, I will be a 55 Topps collector next week!image
  • Options
    Let me know how it goes, as I too have a very large supply of raw 55s in 5/6 condition. I built a NM set and these are the "extras". I also have several 5 and 6s already graded. I will price these very reasonable if you are interested. If so, send me an email to slatch4@comcast.net
  • Options
    I still have 227 raw 1955 cards in EX/EX-MT condition if anybody is interested. If so, send an email to slatch4@comcast.net and I will send you a file detailing what is available. Thanks.