Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Favorite(being sarcastic) ebay lines

This auction for instance has one of my favs.

link

<< <i>It went straight from the pack into a top loader >>

.......and now its out again, with no protection, standing on the corners on my desk.....lol

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    "Its still in the wrapper so it has to be mint"
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    "this card is of emmitt smith, one of the greatest RB's ever in the NFL"..
    ·p_A·
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"this card is of emmitt smith, one of the greatest RB's ever in the NFL".. >>

Not cool....but okay because I like you and I know where you live image
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I'm a big fan of "LQQK!" or "WOW!" in listing titles. Draws me in like a moth to a flame.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    "Wax box-- case fresh!"
  • I don't bid on anything that doesn't say "RARE" in the title.

I'm also a big fan of:
    "Very high end 6 -- possible 7?"
    "Check out our other listings. All of our cards are very high end for the grade."
    "PSA ?"
    "Must see pictures!"
    "I found this in my grandfather's underwear drawer. It's been there since the '30s. I have no idea what it is worth."

Doug
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Not responsible for lost items unless you buy insurance. PayPal accepted."

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    "shipping will be determined at auction's end" = "if my item doesn't go for what i wanted, i'll jack up the shipping price and add on unnecessary fees."

"will refund if dissatisfied, less shipping and plus 15% restocking fee" = "sorry you didn't like your $2 item, but i'll keep the $8 i charged you to ship it, plus a quarter to file it back in my house somewhere."

"due to our high sales volume, we are unable to answer questions" = "we're powersellers, beeotch. that's just how it goes, we don't need you ho's that's why we out tha do'...laid back, with our minds on our money and our money on our minds"
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    "This card looks very good for its age"
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "divorcee" who claims "she" desperately needs money and is selling off "her" ex-husbands huge collection of many thousands of "old cards" - but yet "she" has time to pack the cards in random lots of 100 cards for a $5 per lot starting bid and "her" listings go on for months if not years.
  • jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"This card looks very good for its age" >>

This is one of my personal faves.

If you substitute the phrase "crazy old bat" for "card" it also works for my 81 year old mother-in-law.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hugh" lots

and descriptions that start with "I am presently incarcerated for a crime I did not commit..." (or is that Penthouse Forum???image )
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    "I am not a professional grader" = "I know this card has a crease on the back, but I don't want to accept responsibility for it."

or

"Centered" in the title for a card that's 80/20 or worse in the scan.

then there's my personal favorite: a raw 60's common that's described as "low pop."

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭
    "Unopened wax box" and then the picture shows the wax box top fully opened to show the packs inside.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.

• << <i>"shipping will be determined at auction's end" = "if my item doesn't go for what i wanted, i'll jack up the shipping price and add on unnecessary fees."

"will refund if dissatisfied, less shipping and plus 15% restocking fee" = "sorry you didn't like your $2 item, but i'll keep the $8 i charged you to ship it, plus a quarter to file it back in my house somewhere."

"due to our high sales volume, we are unable to answer questions" = "we're powersellers, beeotch. that's just how it goes, we don't need you ho's that's why we out tha do'...laid back, with our minds on our money and our money on our minds" >>

sippin on gin an juice
  • I'm selling it as a reprint even though it doesn't say reprint anywhere on the card.
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm selling it as a reprint even though it doesn't say reprint anywhere on the card. >>

Nice one.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

After the PSA grade in the listing, there is always the HI-END comment... aren't they all????
  • Here's a good one:

PRIVATE AUCTION: The bidder ID's in my auctions are kept private to prevent unwanted solicitations. I do NOT bid on my own items. All items are listed at the lowest price that I would accept. If anyone receives a 2nd chance offer it is because I have multiples of many items that are sold.

The above line was in an auction I was initially watching. I knew it was shady, but I placed a low bid and was immediately outbid. I placed a bid and was again outbid and opted out. As soon as the auction ended, here came the 2nd chance offer.
  • EstilEstil Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭✭
    Nearly everything being called "rare", which could very well mean a card of which literally millions of copies of it were made.
    WISHLIST
    D's: 54S,53P,50P,49S,45D+S,44S,43D,41S,40D+S,39D+S,38D+S,37D+S,36S,35D+S,all 16-34's
    Q's: 52S,47S,46S,40S,39S,38S,37D+S,36D+S,35D,34D,32D+S
    74T: 37,38,47,151,193,241,435,570,610,654,655 97 Finest silver: 115,135,139,145,310
    73T:31,55,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,80,152,165,189,213,235,237,257,341,344,377,379,390,422,433,453,480,497,545,554,563,580,606,613,630
    95 Ultra GM Sets: Golden Prospects,HR Kings,On-Base Leaders,Power Plus,RBI Kings,Rising Stars
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    "I would resubmit this card if I were you."

"Graded by FGS, one of the toughest graders in the business."

"PSA 9" in the title of an SGC92

"This card is a sure PSA 9" for a raw card from a seller that has 99% graded cards for sale.

"1976 Bears team set" in the title..."with 10 of 11 cards" in the description.

Anything with "SSPC" and "PSA 10" in the title

Anything with "TCMA" and "PSA 10" in the title

I have more. I'll get back to it tomorrow.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • "I don't know anything about baseball cards or grading but I found this 1933 Napoleon Lajoie in an old chest in the attic sitting next to a T206 Cobb with a Cobb back..........."
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    "NRMT+++"- Are we really that adept at grading that we can differentiate between three different levels of grades between NM and NM-MT?

1986 Fleer Herb Williams, plus Bonus Michael Jordan- The Jordan is a 92-93 Topps and they just added it so it would show up in "1986 Fleer Jordan" searches.

"1953 Topps Mickey Mantle" title, with "This is the 1991 Topps Archives version" in the listing.

"1984 Topps Dan Marino RC" title when the card is the Instant Replay or Record Breaker card.

"This card is MINT for it's age"

"These cards are 20 years old!!!"- Yeah, but they're still 87 Topps.

Lee