Home Sports Talk
Options

HOW BOUT THEM EAGLES!!!!

Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
YEEEEHAW!!!! HAD TO WORK BUT WAS PLEASED WITH THE SCORE!!!!

Dont worry kuhlmann, your still in the playoffs!!!

Comments

• Options
    They're looking pretty dam good. They're peaking at the right time.
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!! I, as an Eagle fan was probably just as suprised as anyone. Ya know though, Ift HAS been a CRAZY NFL season this year in particular. GO BIRDS!!!image
  • Options
    Donovan.... who????

Who could have figured that Garcia would be leading them into the playoffs.

It has been a crazy and unpredictable year.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    What about if Garcia leads them to a superbowl win?

Will Mcnabb be looking for new employment? I say why not? He couldnt do it with a better team two seasons ago and has choked in may other "big games". I like Mcnabb but its all about winning the superbowl, something he has not done.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What about if Garcia leads them to a superbowl win?

Will Mcnabb be looking for new employment? I say why not? He couldnt do it with a better team two seasons ago and has choked in may other "big games". I like Mcnabb but its all about winning the superbowl, something he has not done. >>

That is an interesting premise and if the Eagles win the Super Bowl, I'd take any "problem" like that after a win like that.

But no, if McNabb is healthy he will be the starter next season, there is no question about that. It's a bit of a longshot, but I think the Eagles will definitely offer Garcia some very good, VERY GOOD, money to stay as a backup, and then I think there might be a decent chance he would stay with the Eagles. I believe Garcia will be 37 years old next season, he's not a kid anymore, and I think he'd be smart to just take the good money as a backup and not have to go through the rigors of playing 16 games somewhere.

-
  • Options

<< <i>

Will Mcnabb be looking for new employment? I say why not? He couldnt do it with a better team two seasons ago and has choked in may other "big games". I like Mcnabb but its all about winning the superbowl, something he has not done. >>

That is an interesting premise and if the Eagles win the Super Bowl, I'd take any "problem" like that after a win like that.

But no, if McNabb is healthy he will be the starter next season, there is no question about that. It's a bit of a longshot, but I think the Eagles will definitely offer Garcia some very good, VERY GOOD, money to stay as a backup, and then I think there might be a decent chance he would stay with the Eagles. I believe Garcia will be 37 years old next season, he's not a kid anymore, and I think he'd be smart to just take the good money as a backup and not have to go through the rigors of playing 16 games somewhere.

- >>

He sure has impressed me and I am sure alot of other teams looking for a qb. I doubted him and he has looked every bit of the pro bowler he was in the past. His legs didnt look "36" burning the Cowboys line for alot of important runs. If Favre retires, he may end up in Green Bay. Something to think about
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Philly has had a nice little run against some sorry teams. They won't be seeing Carolina or Washington in the playoffs. Remember this
    is the same team that got smoked by Indy and Tennessee and beat by the Saints and the Jags. Racking up wins against the Texans,
    Skins twice, Packers and Niners! They haven't played any of the elite teams yet besides Indy and New Orleans, and we know how
    those turned out.

Good win against the Boys, but how great are they? Giants suck too...has Philly had an impressive win this year? I see more impressive
    losses!

js
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Good grief Stalin a win is a win, I don't care if its against Tampa Bay. They're in and now anything can happen. Remember the Steelers last year?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the Bucs beating a pitiful Raiders team back in the Super Bowl. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Good grief Stalin a win is a win, I don't care if its against Tampa Bay. They're in and now anything can happen. Remember the Steelers last year? >>

ahhh actually the eagles didn't beat the bucs. thanks
  • Options
    they are still there stalin, and the caddy is in the garage. Talk about one hit wonder.
  • Options

<< <i>they are still there stalin, and the caddy is in the garage. Talk about one hit wonder. >>

The "great" Cadillac Williams - one touchdown for the season.

Cadillac Williams does have his own website. I checked the website stats and there have been 200 website hits for the season. A Mrs Williams has visited 100 times and a Joestalin has visited 100 times.
  • Options

<< <i>Philly has had a nice little run against some sorry teams. They won't be seeing Carolina or Washington in the playoffs. Remember this
    is the same team that got smoked by Indy and Tennessee and beat by the Saints and the Jags. Racking up wins against the Texans,
    Skins twice, Packers and Niners! They haven't played any of the elite teams yet besides Indy and New Orleans, and we know how
    those turned out.

Good win against the Boys, but how great are they? Giants suck too...has Philly had an impressive win this year? I see more impressive
    losses!

js >>

Translation - (in high pitched whiny voice)

"Well...well, if my team sucks then your's all suck too!!! It's...it's only fair!!! Honey when you go to the store get me some more Jergen's and Kleenex (squish, squish)."

Your analysis and pathetic smack is getting worse Joey.

• Options

Jeff Garcia is 36 years old, and is at the end of his career. He will be 37 before next season begins. I would imagine there is a pretty good chance he will retire if they win the Super Bowl. McNabb is only 30, still in his prime. It is also worth noting that McNabb was having a very good year when he got hurt. He was on pace for 30 TD passes. Andy Reid would have to be a total idiot to make that change.
  • Options
    LMAO...How many ROY's does Correll ButFaulter have? that was a nice waste of a draft pick.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>LMAO...How many ROY's does Correll ButFaulter have? that was a nice waste of a draft pick.

JS >>

Your laughing?!?!

Let's talk about the Sucs wasted picks during the Gruden tenure. Add in the seasoned vets (Joe J., Griese, etc.) that they let get away and here's your recipe for a losing season, and Gruden's soon to be 39-41 record.

Reports out of Tampa today say that Simms may be traded to Dallas even though he signed a new contract. Hopefully Gruden will follow him there and further destroy the Cowboys. If Simms goes, then Gruden is surely out of a job along with his buddy Allen who he brought in from Oakland after giving McKay the royal screwing.

As for the Eagles picks - Andrews, Bunkley...would you like me to continue?

That's why the Eagles may get their 5th NFC East title in 6 years.
  • Options

<< <i>Reports out of Tampa today say that Simms may be traded to Dallas even though he signed a new contract >>

NO! Please tell me you are kidding! Why would they do that? The cheerleading squad is already full!

By the way, if Gruden comes to Dallas, Im gonna need to find a new team.
  • Options
    If Gruden goes to Dallas, the Cowboys fans there will start wishing they had Barry Switzer back instead.
  • Options

<< <i>If Gruden goes to Dallas, the Cowboys fans there will start wishing they had Barry Switzer back instead. >>

BRING BACK JIMMY JOHNSON.....NOW!
  • Options
    Will someone tell Eagle fan that no one cares about divison championships....well unless you are Buffalo!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Will someone tell Eagle fan that no one cares about divison championships....well unless you are Buffalo!

JS >>

We'll remember that the next time you spout off about the NFC South. Where are they now? Three playoff teams will probably come from the East.

No one cares about 4-11 teams that are a lucky field goal and a questionable roughing the passer call away from being 2-13...unless you are in Tampa. Enjoy the offseason Joey! Actually the question should be "how are you enjoying the offseason?" since the Sucs were out of it on Thanksgiving.

Sucs 2006 highlights - "Matt Bryant Day" and the "Pittsburgh Boot of Shame."

"Matt Bryant Day"!?!? Elected leaders in cities and countries around the world are deposed and executed for less stupid acts. The Tampa mayor should be impeached.

Playoff Possibilities

There are 2,048 possible scenarios that affect the NFC playoff seeding. According to Rich Burg, the Eagles' assistant director of football media services, these are the percentages of the possible outcomes for the Eagles.

39.9 percent: Giants at Eagles (817)

25.0 percent: Eagles at Seahawks (512)

15.8 percent: Packers at Eagles (323)

9.4 percent: Panthers at Eagles (192)

6.3 percent: Rams at Eagles (128)

3.1 percent: Falcons at Eagles (64)

0.5 percent: (Packers or Giants tie broken on strength of schedule tie breaker) at Eagles (12).
  • Options

<< <i>Sucs 2006 highlights - "Matt Bryant Day"

"Matt Bryant Day"!?!? >>

He will be back working at the hardware store in a few years anyway image

He had his moment of glory
  • Options
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!imageimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies