Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I'll be voting in the next hour or so.....I'm hoping.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I'll be voting at 10:00, 2:00, and hopefully again at 5:00. image
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
  • Options
    I voted 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'll be voting sometime today. I always vote for the candidate and not the party. It just so happens, that I have only voted for Republicans. image

Shane

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    yep, heading to the polls shortly.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Yeah, me and the wife will be carrying on a Brumbach family tradition of cancelling each other's votes when I vote for Kean and she votes for Menendez, while my mom will go Republican and my father will go Democrat, just like my grandfather used to go Republican and my grandmother went Democrat.
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    voted by mail already

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'll be voting after work. Even when the races or initiatives are not particularly interesting, I love Election Day and the nighttime TV coverage.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Already voted this morning.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    I voted on the way to work this morning.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving for the polls. I had to research Missouri's judges that are on the ballot.

Then off to the Post Office with a sub. I wonder which will be faster??

Alfonz24
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    Jim Webb said, "The Naval Academy is a horny woman's dream," and "Women are unfit for combat." The tailhook scandal? Jim Webb claimed this event was a "witch hunt."

Jim Webb . . . Right for '06 . . . 1806!

Yeah, I'll vote for coach George Allen's son.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Will do it after work at about 5:00 p.m. Should be packed at the school. We have 5 different ammendments that they want to have us vote on and I am sure most are confused by all the ads from both sides trying to tell us which way to vote.image
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I'll be voting sometime this afternoon. My ticket will be mostly Democratic, as usual, with one glaring exception:

TED HAGGARD FOR DRUG CZAR!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Will do it after work at about 5:00 p.m. Should be packed at the school. We have 5 different ammendments that they want to have us vote on and I am sure most are confused by all the ads from both sides trying to tell us which way to vote.image >>

Vote yes on all of them, with the possible exception of proposal 2.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I voted two weeks ago as well.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i'll be vomiting sometime today..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭✭
    <<I'll be voting at 10:00, 2:00, and hopefully again at 5:00.>>

Reminds me of the scene in "The Breakfast Club" where the nerdy character played by Michael Anthony Hall has the fake ID. When asked why he has a fake ID, he gets a puzzled look on his face and says "so I can vote" as if to say "why else would you need a fake id?".
  • Options
    rounding3rdrounding3rd Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    Will be voting after work today...

-Mike
    Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Voted by mail last week

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    I was in line waiting at 6:45, I do not generally vote along party lines, but today, was predominantly Republican!

5 proposals in Michigan, 1-4, yes, 5, no!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Voted by mail as we don't have polls in our neighborhood; have to vote by mail.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mom told me to everything in moderation...

I voted in 1988...

I'm good.

Mike
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I am voting today. As usual, there isn't a candidate worth a crap to vote for, but if I do it anyway so I can say I have to right to complain.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I am in California and immigrants are not allowed to vote, but Schwarzenegger is going to win by two or three landslides anyway, which is fine by me. I only wished that third party candidates were allowed in the debates and listed on the polls so that people can have an actual choice and may the best man or woman win.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so I can say I have to right to complain. >>

you have a right to complain whether you vote or not.. if you're American..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Looks like I will officially be the only one here who has a right to complain about who is in office, since by NOT voting I did nothing to contribute to any of these clowns getting into office image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    “Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote.”

“The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.”

“Democrats are the only reason to vote for Republicans”

“In most places in the country, voting is looked upon as a right and a duty, but in Chicago it's a sport.”

“Voters quickly forget what a man says.”

"I take my vote as a salute to the little guy, the one who doesn't hit 500 home runs. I was one of the guys that did all they could to win. I'm proud of my stats, but I don't think I ever got on for”
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Just got done here in Iowa.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    I'm voting in contentious MONTANA! In Billings we have all the CNN people here, etc...

The major issue in Billings though is the new ballpark for the Billings Mustangs (my employer :-) so I'm praying it passes. it was behind for a long time, but it looks like the latest poll showed 53-47 in favor!

btw, I voted for Conrad Burns...not so sure he'll pull through though. He's pledging $500,000 to the ballpark funding, so I really consider it the first time I voted for someone that directly influenced me.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget, Colorado voters:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am in California and immigrants are not allowed to vote, but Schwarzenegger is going to win by two or three landslides anyway, which is fine by me. I only wished that third party candidates were allowed in the debates and listed on the polls so that people can have an actual choice and may the best man or woman win. >>

Actually, that is "Illiegal Immigrants" are not allowed to vote. If you immigrated here and are a legal citizen, you can vote.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    I mailed mine in last month.
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back - I hate the concept of voting for judges. Ridiculous. (Illinois)
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>Just got back - I hate the concept of voting for judges. Ridiculous. (Illinois) >>

I think voting for judges is a great concept. At least you have a voice to some degree, and you can vote out judges who continuously release repeat offenders early!
  • Options
    Voted by mail last week, went all left in the state of Florida.

-Ian
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    262Runner, I hear you, I was just making fun of the scandelous letter that was circulated around in California that warned immigrants not to vote. The letter did not differentiate illegal immigrants and immigrants that obtained US citizenship. I am a permanent resident, but I keep myself very informed and my biggest issue is putting money in research and development. I do a little bit of campaigning to bring peoples attention on things like funding for stem cell research and the like. Anyone that thinks stem cells are a waste of time should ask leukemia survivors. That is only the tip of the ice berg.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I voted. I voted for the candidate that used the least amount of
    negative campaigning during the election process. Didn't matter
    if they were Dem's or GOP's or even Indy's. Anyone was fair game
    to get voted in or out based on this method. My ballot was a complete mix.

That'll teach them to stick to the facts of their accomplishments while either in office and promote themselves in a positive manner, or for the new candidates to offer up a new perspective as to why we (the voters) should elect them.

I do realize a lot of the smear campaigns are run by special interest groups that want to buy their way into power. Frankly, with all the negative ad's running on my local channels, it was hard to determine the truth from the fiction about the campaigners.