Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2006 Topps Finest Football Case break LIVE

Yup. just got it an hour ago from Blowout Cards. Nice shipping boxes and padding.

The layout of these boxes are a little different. 8 boxes with three mini boxes in each. Or 24 mine boxes total. Each box has one Auto and one Favre insert. I bought this case for the Favre cards. I have already opened 5 of the boxes and have to wait for my wife to open the rest. Yes she like to open cards. Overall the cards look nice, no jersey cards, just base cards - autos - Serial #d refractors.

My first pack had a Favre Refractor #25/50. I am pumped. The rest of the box had a Mathias Kiwanuka auto. Jason Avant rookie 15399 - David Carr 205/250 and Edge james 76/99. Scan to follow. I am putting everything up on Ebay for 20 cent listing day except for the Packers and Favre cards.

Mini Box #2 of Box #1

Greg Jennings Auto 140/199. Packer Fan gotta luv that card
Favre Base insert
Donte Stallworth 197/250
Antonio Gates 62199
Jonathan Orr 363/399
Ben Obomanu 140/299

Mini Box #3 of Box #1

Base cards of Cadillac, LJ, Brady, Tomlinson, R Moss
Auto of Wali Lundy
Curtis Martin 184/299
Joe Horn 25/399
Mario Williams Rookie First overall pick in the draft
Peyton Manning 38/199
Demetrius Williams Rookie 197/250

Comments

• Options
    Troy, shoot me a link to that Brady auction when you put it up please image

Arthur
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Mini Box #1 of Box #2

Jerious Norwood Auto 161/199
    Favre Base refractor
    Chad Johnson 6/199
    Kevin McMahan Rookie 140/150
    Eric Moulds 198/299
    Muhsin Muhammad 391/399

Mini box #2 of Box #2

Kellen Clemmens auto (redemption card)
    Favre 174/50 refractor
    Haloti Ngata Rookie 24/49
    Jamal Lewis 291/399
    Chris Simms (With spleen) 190/250
    Michael Jenkins 76/99

Mini box #3 of Box #2

Travis wilson Auto ??? no clue who he is 275/399
    Favre base refractor
    Cedric Holmes Rookie 147/299
    Marc Bulger 384/399
    Jason allen Rookie 133/250
    Phillip Rivers 123/199
  • Options
    Mini Box #1 of Box #3

My first double auto only my 7th box opened. I am pissed. And to top it off it is Mathias Kiwanka who the F is this guy?
    Favre base refractor (now I am pissed)
    Quinton Ganther rookie 165/199
    Fred Taylor 261/299
    Jonathan Orr 190/250
    Willis McGahee 137/399

worst box by far to this point. I stopped and had a beer.

Threw the can away and started ripping again.

Mini box #2 of Box #3

Quinton Ganther Auto (crap he sucks too)
    Favre 137/199 refractor (SWEET)
    Bennie Brazell Rookie 6/10 (should sell well on Ebay)
    Antonio Cromartie 37/99 Rookie first rounder of Chargers
    Michael Jenkins 157/250
    Reggie McNeal rookie 109/399

Mini box #3 of Box #3

Maurice Drew Auto 23/250 (nice card)
    Favre 353/399 refractor
    PJ Pope 26/250 ROOKIE
    Deion Branch 111/299
    Santan Moss 247/399
  • Options
    Took some time off and watch part of the world series of poker. figured I like to do my own gambling I grab the 4th box.

Mini box #1 of Box #4

At this point I am really pissed I don't have any of the top name rookies, even a base card. I look at the check list and see that all of the big name rookies are Autographed. Oh sh1t. I may have just wasted $900 on lucky draw. So from this point forward I am begging for the big name auto or low #'d serial.

First pack I get an auto. but it is a duplicate. and it is the redemption card of Kellen Clemmens.
    Not a good strart even though it is a good auto just did not want a dupe
    Favre just a base refractor
    Brandon Marshall rookie 14/199
    bominique Byrd rookie 104/150
    Hines ward 387/399
    Donte Stallworth (Again) 182/299

Well the worst box award has been topped. On to the 2nd mini box.

Holy crap, another duplicate Auto this time it is Quinton Ganther
    Favre 43/250 refractor
    Thomas Howard rookie 294/399
    Dominique Byrd 163/299
    Shawne Merriman 69/150

At this stand point I am contemplating not opening anymore and selling the boxes. But I came to my sences and pushed forward

Mini box #3 of Box #4

Auto of Cedric Humes (Who?)
    Favre base refractor
    Abdul Hodge PACKER!!! 384/399
    Brandon Stokley 154/299
    Drew Bledsoe 179/250
    Donte Hall 002/199 (yup #2)

• Options
    Well, the night draws near to when my wife will be home so I will list the last box.

Mini box 1 of box 5

Auto Oman Jacobs 178/199 (didn't make an NFL Roster) what a start
    Favre 361/399
    Jimmy Willimas rookie 190/199
    Edge James 204/250
    Ray Lewis 289/299
    Brett Basanez Rookie 281/399
    Got some decent names but the auto kills me

Mini Box #2 Box #5

Jerome Harrison Auto
    Favre Base Refractor
    Eli Mannin 318/399
    Willie Reed Rookie 44/299
    Corey dillon 34/250
    D'Qwell Jackson 20/25 34th overall pick
    Well not a bad box. May the last one will be solid before my wife helps me out.

Mine box #3 of Box #5

well I got a #1 draft pick auto. Tye Hill of the Rams 357/399
    Favre 178/250
    Jonathan Orr 16/150
    donte Stallworth 172/199
    Reggie Wayne 287/299
    Martin Nance 354/399

Lord GOD please help me so I don't attack my wife if the last three boxes don't pull something sweet.

Scans to come shortly
  • Options
    The wife just pulled in. But -- we have to eat dinner.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Kiwanuka was the Giants 1st round pick. He is a de from Boston College, I saw him play some in the preseason, The kid is going to be good.

• Options
    Thanks for the update on the player. I am scanning as I type
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    This is a tough product, hopefully you will have one big auto him..the nice thing about these cases is that coallation sucks....so it
    appears that Favre is in your case..you might have a nice low numebred one...Im not sure thats any reason to continue but that
    is what I have seen. Good Luck on the rest, I could use the Drew if you want to move it.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options

• Options
    how about hittin me up with the reggie mcneal and any other bengals you pull??
    currently trying to complete these sets! any help is appreciated!!

2003 SPx Football
    2006 Topps Allen and Ginter

Joe Nuxhall cards, graded or raw

Bengals!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I have heard that this year's Finest is a tough product - obviously, the Bush, Leinart, and Young rookies are all SP autos, and very tough to pull. I ripped 10 boxes of Topps Chrome, and had the same problem...the key rookies are too tough, and all you end up with is autographs of players like Mathias Kiwanuka. I am going to pass on Finest this year, and try my luck with a few cases of Bowman Chrome.

I wish you luck on the rest of the case, keep the details coming!
  • Options
    OK, it is done. I got my butt handed to me on this case. The assortment of autos is just plain terrible. Three of the same one in the same case. No Reggie Bush, no Lienert. I did get one Vince Young but it is not even serialed. The Favre cards are cool but the duplicate autos are just killing me. I think after Ebay I will lose well over $700 on this deal. OUCH!!

Total of box 6.

Chad Greenway Auto 85/399
    Tye Hill Auto not serial?? card # 184
    Jerome Harrison again
    three favre refractors 227/250 361/399 one base
    Mario williams base card
    Terrell Owens 116/399
    Odell Thurman 12/399 (HEY Bengals guy)
    Demetrius Williams rookie 147/399
    Tomlinson 160/250
    Ernie Sims Rookie 018/250
    Mike Williams 117/299
    Leon Washington 146/299
    Reggie McNeal 131/150
    Bret Basanez 49/199
    Devin Aromashodu 17/50
    Ernie simms again 54/99
    Clinton Portis 18/25 (hope to do well)

Box #7

My Best box

Auto Michael robinson 21/150
    Auto Brian Calhoun 208/399
    Vince Young no serial FA-VY
    Three Favre refractors one 247/399
    David Carr 59/199Kevin McMahan 140/199
    Ray Lewis 137/299
    Jake Plummer 100/299
    Haloti Ngata 76/150
    Larry Fitzgerald 146/250
    Domanick Davis 238/250
    Randy McMichael 17/399
    Tamba Hali 53/399
    DJ Shockly 27/399
    Fred Taylor 48/99
    Trent Green 46/49

Final box. Only opend two mini boxes. Kept one shut for my daughter to open in the morning.

Cory Rogers PACKER Auto !!!!
    Kellen FRIGGIN Clemmens for the third time. Well, now that I read it they are all different. one is a Refractor, one is a base and the third says Xfactor. So I guess it is not too bad gettting three.
    Chad Johnson two cards 19/49 209/399
    Ray Lewis 73/99
    DJ Shockley 161/199.

Well signing off. Have to list on Ebay.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    What do you want for the Drew-Jones?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice autos Troy

Great way to spend the day!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I opened a box without any major luck, either. The Unitas card(s) are pretty cool, as well as the Favres. I didn't pull Bush, Leinart, or Young. I pulled three autos. The autos are:

Dave Thomas-Patriots
    Travis Wilson-Browns
    Joe Klopfenstein-Rams /399-Refractor

If anyone is interested in the autos, let me know.
  • Options
    FavreFan what are the colors on the front of the Kellen Clemens refractor and xfractor redemptions? If they are gold, black, or "white" (a lighter shade of grey than the base, or it may actually be white... not sure for fb), you may have done, well, less badly from a financial perspective on the box than you thought (actually, if you have a 1/1 white refractor or xfractor, that might sell VERY well... I'd have to check Ebay comps to be more sure).
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about your luck, or lack thereof.

I did a completed auction search on the bay, and if you don't hit a Young, Leinart, or Bush low numbered auto, a guy would have a hard time recouping case price money. With all due respect, it's a shame a guy can pluck down $900 and not get anything better than you did. I've really been in the mood to buy a couple hobby boxes of something, but this thread will make me hold off. Seems unfair.

I liked finest up until 2004, when the autos were still on the card, but this sticker stuff is crap too.

Hope you at least had fun. Here's hoping your next crack will have a high dollar beauty!!image

shawn
  • Options
    All of the Clemmens cards are white and say base, base refractor and base Xfactor. So I am guessing the autos are base 9 (no serial #) refractor /399 and xfactor /250. Hope I can recoup some soon.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Here was my post on the TOPPS boards. Editing note, upon review I did get one #119, so I was able to get 1 full base set out of a case.

"Well, I was quite disturbed by the collation of this years Finest Football.

I broke a case. I didnt get one regular card #119. There were many others that I got only one of as well. This is dissappointing as I am a set collector. One would figure busting a case you net you at least 2 base sets.

Now onto the Auto's. In one box(3 mini-box) I got 2 brandon williams auto RC's. I can see by the odds how this could happen but it really shouldnt. Neither were base cards. So I guess that could be the reason. But one would presume that out of one box you would get three different player/card auto's.

I got no SP RC auto's out of my case. Though I did get an Emmitt Smith Auto (makes up for the lack of a SP RC). I got one printers plate. And a decent number of refractors/x-fractors.

What has other peoples experience been. I know 2004 Topps signature collation was bad as well. I never got a set out of quite a few boxes."

Lucky for me the Smith auto is an Xfractor that I going up on Ebay tomorrow. They are selling in the $300 range. I also have 6 boxes left from my second case. I will sell some now and hold off to hope the the rookies really do something down the road then sell them as well. Though I dont think this years product is in as short of supply as previous years. With all the auto variations out there, there are lots of boxes made since there is a auto is every mini-box. I much preferred the 03/04 years. Those got me hooked back up the finest football. Now I have a nice run of sets going from 92 to present. But I still have to drop the big bucks for Bush, Leinart, Young and Cutler this year. Oh well. I have pulled some nice one most of the time. Big Ben RC, Grossman Uncric. Refractor Auto rookie, now the Smith. So overall my luck has been decent.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I am contacting Topps today. In my case I received duplicate autos three times. 24 Autos and three dupes. Totally disappointed.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure what use calling them will be. I have never been able to directly talk to anyone there. I had complained about auto redemption cards that I sent in and got sh** autos in return because they said they didnt have the one I was to get. I complained about the same issue we have here with their 2004 Signature football issue. Also complained about the missing auto (redemption that never was signed or sent out) for the Vikings RC RB a few years ago, that was recently busted with the wissinator. All three times I have never gotten any response. I have written letters, called and left voice mail with no avail. I have never had anyone answer the phone at Topps.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Well, then I am F'd. Looks like I will be buying the rest of the Favre's on Ebay. I have to find another case for this year.