Home Sports Talk
Options

Is anyone else..

Extraordinarily grateful that they're not Alex Rodriguez right now?

Comments

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to be him. Good looking, rich, and bi-racial. What's not to envy?
    Travis
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I'd love to be him. Good looking, rich, and bi-racial. What's not to envy? >>

As soon as I posted this message I knew this (or something like it) was the first response I would get.

I'm just referring to the 0 fer with 3 K's in front of 50,000 people who can't stand him and think he's a choker. Money or no money it's going to be a long night in chez Rodriguez if the Yanks don't come back in the bottom of the 9th.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Boo

It also is going to be the second reply that you're gonna get.

I'd take the boo's for the dough and ummm his other attributes.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Extraordinarily grateful that they're not Alex Rodriguez right now? >>

And he even stinks at poker. image
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I thought Kc's response was tongue-in-cheek, since A-rod called himself those three things recently.

That being said, on this one, I can't agree with you.
    Give me 250 million bucks, I'll let you boo me while you're kicking me in the nuts.

JMO.

shawn
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    And yet he still has about the same postseason batting average as jeter, makes way more money than anyone else in baseball, will likely finish with 800+ HRs, and is more successful than any of those clowns booing him.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind being Arod either.
  • Options
    And yet he still has about the same postseason batting average

great attempt at derailing the thread dopey.

but I'll bite. jeter has the 307 average in almost 500 at bats, while KRod has it in under 125.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Again, I missspoke. I wasn't trying to downgrade kc's response. I only meant to say that I was thinking of how he must have felt in Yankee Stadium today, not how he must feel about his life in general (which I'm sure is just fine image)
  • Options

<< <i>And yet he still has about the same postseason batting average

great attempt at derailing the thread dopey.

but I'll bite. jeter has the 307 average in almost 500 at bats, while KRod has it in under 125.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Steve >>

It's not Arod's fault that he hasn't had an all star team to ride to the playoffs every year - but the truth remains, their batting averages are nearly IDENTICAL.

There is no 'BIG DIFFERENCE' you simpleton.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Somehow it always feels like Jeter is hitting in October (maybe because it seems like whenever there's a big play, Jeter's involved in it), but other than that he's done it in far more at bats, Jeter's numbers aren't better than A-Rod's. Career through the 2005 season:

Jeter: .309 / .379 / .463

A-Rod: .305 / .393 / .534

And apparently Yankee Nation has forgotten the first playoff series Rodriguez played with the Yanks: .309 / .480 / .773
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    If i was arod i would want out of yankees....jeter is the yankees now. he is like mantle up there. arod kind of like maris. its not his town or his team.

i got nothing against arod. but i could see him finishing up somewhere like the cubs. he is still young and could bring them a title. would be a better fit for him to get out of NY.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Give me 250 million bucks, I'll let you boo me while you're kicking me in the nuts. >>

And I'll even say, "Thank you sir, may I have another."

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Of course yankee nation has turned their back on Arod - they've seen the best player on the team, and it sure ain't jeter - and they can't handle that.

• Options
    There is no 'BIG DIFFERENCE' you simpleton.

To the ignorant there is no difference. to those that understand stats, and have a brain 375 more at bats means alot.

maybe one day when you finally understand the game it will penetrate that cement head you have. Or......you will need to use exactly what I am saying one day and then of course it will be 'a big difference'

dope

Steve.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Dating back to the '04 Championship series with the Red Sox up until last night Arod is 11 for 58 (batting average of.189) with 5 RBIs and Zero RBI's since the Boston series. Some people can't handle the New York pressures during crunch time.

Maybe Axtroll would like to explain/defend this? image
  • Options

<< <i>Dating back to the '04 Championship series with the Red Sox up until last night Arod is 11 for 58 (batting average of.189) with 5 RBIs and Zero RBI's since the Boston series. Some people can't handle the New York pressures during crunch time.

Maybe Axtroll would like to explain/defend this? image >>

If that truly were the case, and he 'couldn't handle the New York pressures', then please explain his carrying the yankees past the twins in the 04 playoffs?

Maybe the yankee drones would like to explain this? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?? I DOUBT it, as they are all mindless drones who repeat the same crapola that they read in the ny gossip rags every day.

<< <i>To the ignorant there is no difference. to those that understand stats, and have a brain 375 more at bats means alot.

maybe one day when you finally understand the game it will penetrate that cement head you have. Or......you will need to use exactly what I am saying one day and then of course it will be 'a big difference' >>

Please explain how a .305 and a .307 batting average are vastly different dumb chit? It's not Arod's fault (or jeter's cause) that jeter holds the MLB record for postseason plate appearances, is it?

But then, to the mindless masses who hate Arod's success and money, he will never be able to do enough...win an MVP trophy? Who cares, right?

You idiots are truly astounding.

• Options

<< <i>If that truly were the case, and he 'couldn't handle the New York pressures', then please explain his carrying the yankees past the twins in the 04 playoffs?

Maybe the yankee drones would like to explain this? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?? I DOUBT it, as they are all mindless drones who repeat the same crapola that they read in the ny gossip rags every day.

You idiots are truly astounding. >>

I'll take this one sparky.

Yankee fans don't remember ARod carrying the Yanks over the Twins for two reasons, first he didn't do it by himself and second, all Yankee fans remember is the Boston series--you know the one where ARod slapped the ball out of the first baseman's glove and looked like a schmuck.

As for that Twinkie series:

Game 1
    Twins win 2-0

ARod goes 2-4 leaves 1 on.

Game 2
    Yankees win 7-6 Jeter scores on Matsui sac fly to win.
    ARod 4-6 3 RBIs

Game 3
    Yankees win 8-4
    ARod goes 0-5 leaves 4 on (Jeter goes 3-5 with 3 RBI's)

Game 4
    Yankees win 6-5 in extra innings.
    ARod 2-4 1 LOB scores winning run on a wild pitch.

Oh yeah, Jeter had 4 RBIs in the series. ARod only 3

Edit to add:

DOPE!
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    A-fraud needs a good therapist. He also need to drive in a run. It's been a while hasn't it? Sure you can predict 800 home runs for A-fraud, but who is to say he doesnt blow out his knee next year and never recovers. He didnt deserve the MVP last year, nor when he was with Texas. He hasnt put the Yankees over the top and he never will.
  • Options

<< <i>Yankee fans don't remember ARod carrying the Yanks over the Twins for two reasons, first he didn't do it by himself and second, all Yankee fans remember is the Boston series--you know the one where ARod slapped the ball out of the first baseman's glove and looked like a schmuck. >>

Axtroll has selective memory and only wants to remember ARot's postseason success prior to the Yankees and one series where he did ok with them. He has no comment on the .189 average with NO RBIs ARot has had in two crucial series since then.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd love to be him. Good looking, rich, and bi-racial. What's not to envy? >>

What about the "purple" lips ??image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Well we all know that is Axhole's MO...then he will claim victorious in his claims.

I would love to see his explaination on how he can say Jeter is the hitter he is because he benefits from the Yankees lineup when ARod's numbers havent improved since coming to the Yankees. Shouldnt ARod be hitting 80 HRs, 200 RBIs, 200 Walks with an OBP over .500???? Wouldnt it be argued that ARod has more "protection" in this lineup??? Of course we know its a bunch of CRAP because Axhole is so far up ARod's arse!

The ONLY reason I would want to be ARod right now is for the money he makes....but I wouldnt want to be in his shoes with this seasons failures and his failures here in the playoffs. He's going to have to hit a TON to make up for these past 3 games.

Even ARod doesnt deny that he doesnt perform in the clutch! So even if he can admit it, anyone defending him MUST be a DOPE!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Well we all know that is Axhole's MO...then he will claim victorious in his claims.
    >>

Since I always win, of course I am going to claim victory. Duh.

<< <i>I would love to see his explaination on how he can say Jeter is the hitter he is because he benefits from the Yankees lineup when ARod's numbers havent improved since coming to the Yankees. Shouldnt ARod be hitting 80 HRs, 200 RBIs, 200 Walks with an OBP over .500???? Wouldnt it be argued that ARod has more "protection" in this lineup??? Of course we know its a bunch of CRAP because Axhole is so far up ARod's arse! >>

Hmm Arod is getting pitched to, unlike that clown Jeter...any coincidence that jeter has his biggest BA year when the payroll is the biggest, with an all star team behind him? HMMMMM I think so!!

<< <i>The ONLY reason I would want to be ARod right now is for the money he makes....but I wouldnt want to be in his shoes with this seasons failures and his failures here in the playoffs. He's going to have to hit a TON to make up for these past 3 games. >>

No he's not...there's nothing he can do that would impress you f'ing idiots.

<< <i>Even ARod doesnt deny that he doesnt perform in the clutch! So even if he can admit it, anyone defending him MUST be a DOPE!!! >>

Please tell me where I've ever said he was 'clutch'? The reason I say this is there is NO such thing as 'clutch'. It's a myth. To say jeter is 'clutch' because of getting key hits in the postseason is based on one reason and one alone: he has the MOST postseason at bats of any hitter EVER.
  • Options
    Arod is batting 8th today despite great numbers against Bonderman. Why don't you call Torre and ask him why.
  • Options

<< <i>Arod is batting 8th today despite great numbers against Bonderman. Why don't you call Torre and ask him why. >>

You mean the same guy who left Arod out to dry as he was arguing a questionable out?

You mean the same guy who was a sub .500 manager before stumbling into a gold mine of a job?

Nah, I'd rather sit here instead of listening to a guy who's a terrible manager.
  • Options

<< <i>Nah, I'd rather sit here instead of listening to a guy who's a terrible manager. >>

• Options

<< <i>

You mean the same guy who was a sub .500 manager before stumbling into a gold mine of a job?

Nah, I'd rather sit here instead of listening to a guy who's a terrible manager. >>

You always mention the sub .500 record as a manager before the Yankee job...How about the fact his first managing job was with the Mets, the same Mets who sold off Seaver during his first year as manager. The same Mets who sold off Koosman in his second year as manager. The same Mets who didn't have any offense and even worse pitching. Funny, Torre went to Atlanta in '82 and won the West in his first year there. You never mention that.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    They said on the radio this morning that AROD will bat 8th today. Was that a put-on?
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options

<< <i>They said on the radio this morning that AROD will bat 8th today. Was that a put-on? >>

No it's true. ESPN reports the same thing. I don't think they have any choice with this guy.
  • Options
    back to Arod, did anyone else see that he fell on his arse after tagging Irod (as he was holding up the ball)? as that happened Irod slid past the bag. had Erod err Arod had the presences <sp> of mind to reapply a tag he may have gotten the out.

I think Joe may have seen the same thing i saw and that may be a reason why he did not argue the call. The call by the way was not as cut and dry as some would like to say. Torre did not leave anyone out to dry.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I think Joe may have seen the same thing i saw and that may be a reason why he did not argue the call. The call by the way was not as cut and dry as some would like to say. Torre did not leave anyone out to dry.
    >>

Absolutely he did...does anyone else think that if it were jeter, that torre wouldn't have been out there?

I hope Arod is traded to a team that appreciates his immense talents - and leaves the entire ungrateful city of new york behind.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope Arod is traded to a team that appreciates his immense talents - and leaves the entire ungrateful city of new york behind. >>

For once I agree with you, Natasha.
  • Options
    if it was Jeter he would have applied that second tag.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>if it was Jeter he would have applied that second tag.

steve >>

You mean if he was jeter, he would have dropped the ball and glared at Arod?
  • Options
    ^^
    Forgetful aren't we, Ax? It was your boy Errod who dropped the ball(like that's a suprise). Errod dropped it
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    A ball dropped caused by jeter's interference?

Yeah that's what I thought dopey.
  • Options

<< <i>You mean if he was jeter, he would have dropped the ball and glared at Arod? >>

Sorry buddy, Errod dropped it.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils