Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Looking for PSA 10 Bernie Kosar cards

They are scarce on eBay. I have the 1988 Topps and that's it.

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I find it odd that you only bid $10 (and got outbid) on the 93 SP Kosar I had on ebay. It's one of the more condition sensitive sets of the era, and you're certainly not going to do any better than paying $5 over the cost of grading. If what you say is true and PSA 10 Kosar's are hard to find on ebay, I'm not sure how you're going to acquire them if you're not willing to pay more than $10 for one from a decent set. Not trying to criticize you or your buying habits, I just don't get why you would take the time to come here and post this request. Most people here wouldn't sell ANY PSA 10 for less than $10, much less a semistar from a condition sensitive set. Instead of putting it on ebay, if I were to PM you that I had a 93 SP Kosar PSA 10 available for $11, would you really have said no?

Lee
  • Options
    GeoffEighinger -

No worries. I paid a wee bit over $11.00 for my Seau PSA 10 from that very same set. Next time, just do this guy a favor and bid another buck, image

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • Options
    Nathan, I'm not really upset over something as petty as a few bucks. $10-15 is what I expected to get for the card. I just don't get coming here and asking if anybody has Kosar PSA 10's, saying they're hard to find on ebay, and not wanting to pay over $10 for one. When I find something I've been looking a while for, I'll generally pay a little premium for it knowing that it may not show up again for a while. It's not like it's a 1990 Pro Set; 1993 SP is a legitmately collected set with condition issues. PSA 10's aren't that common. I just sold a Michael Irvin for $34, Todd Kelly for $26, and Dana Stubblefield for $26.

If I PM'd you saying I had a 1994 Finest Seau PSA 10 available for $15, would you even flinch?

Lee
  • Options
    I have the following ungraded Bernie Kosar.
    1986 Topps 185 Browns TL/Kosar 1
    1989 Topps 138 Browns Team 1
    1990 Fleer 51 Bernie Kosar 3
    1990 Score 60 Bernie Kosar 4
    1990 Score 319 Bernie Kosar HG 2
    1990 Topps 163 Bernie Kosar 1
    1991 Pro Set 121A Bernie Kosar w/LOGO 1
    1992 All World 118 Bernie Kosar 6
    1993 Bowman 291 Bernie Kosar 1
    1993 Topps 50 Bernie Kosar 1
    1993 Wild Card 42 Bernie Kosar 1
    1994 Score 245 Bernie Kosar 1
    1995 Pinnacle Club Collection 149 Bernie Kosar 1
    1995 Pinnacle Club Collection 151 Bernie Kosar 1
    All of these cards are in nm-mt condition.
    The 86 & 89 are slightly off center but the rest are centered nicely.
    If you don't like the price of the graded cards you may get a ten out of a couple of these. They are very nice cards.

Raisnvegas

Sports Cards for Sale
  • Options
    CD...I am with you on this one. If you want/need the card, you will bid accordingly, not just bid on it like you don't care if you win or lose. Someone got a deal on that card - I was watching the card, but forgot to bid.
    Carpe Diem
  • Options
    I don't "need" any card. This is a hobby and I pretty much never go higher than $10 on a PSA 10 card, unless it is a couple top priority sets I am working on. I "want" a lot of cards but I'm not made of money and I have to set limits for myself. CDsNuts/feartheterps: I know that I'll never buy from you or bid on any of your items from this day forward if you are gonna try and give me fatherly advice on how I spend my money.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all due respect Geoff, I think CDs got apoint here. I don't think he'd have bothered to make a comment about it, but you started a thread here saying that you were looking for PSA 10 Kosars because they're so scarce on ebay, and one would certainly think that you'd be willing to go higher than $10 for one, especially since it costs that much to grade it in raw form when you factor in shipping to and from PSA. I'd suggest setting your sights lower, to PSA 9s, for example, otherwise I doubt you'll be adding many Kosar cards to your collection anytime soon.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    No matter what I post about what cards I am looking for, no one should tell me how high I should bid on an item. This is supposed to be a friendly board. Not a board where a seller "exposes" a bidder for not bidding high enough. To be honest, I found a bunch of cards that duke4life and dbestindy were selling to complete some of my company sets (which take priority over my player sets) and I could not afford more than $10 a card. I won about 15 at $10/card which is decent. If those cards had not been available, I may have spent $15 on the Kosar. The point is, since CD was so obsessed with how low I bid he could have easily checked out what other items I was bidding on to see that I could not afford more than $10/card.
  • Options
    My point is that if you take the time to post a thread here with other fellow collectors, and we take the time to PM you that we have what you're looking for (btw, a "thanks for the heads up" is always nice if someone PMs you), you can't expect to get PSA 10s for the cost of grading. Why bother posting here if you're just going to waste the time of the people reading and responding to your post? Do you really think you're going to get any PSA 10's for $10 in this forum, especially when you say they are scarce on ebay?

If I started a thread saying I'm looking for PSA 10 Ripken rookies, and when people PM me what they have available I respond with an offer of $20 each, don't you think they might get upset that they wasted their time reading my thread and responding?

I don't care what your buying habits are and I don't care what you're willing to spend on any particular card- that's your business and I'll never count another man's money. I do care that I took a few minutes to read and respond to your post, essentially wasting my time because you came on here looking to get something for nothing. Posts such as yours are the reason the B/S/T forum has turned to crap over the last year.

Lee