Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1956 Topps PSA 7 Set with raw cards also

Hello,
I have decided to part with my almost complete 1956 Topps Baseball PSA 7 set. I have 300 cards toward a master set. I am #52 on the PSA Set Registry under vintagecardshop's 1956 set. I believe I have 138 graded PSA 7 (two 8's are included in the 138 cards) I have 6 cards graded SGC 7's or better one being Billy Martin 7.5 that the centering keeps from being an 8.5. It is sharpy sharp, with the highlight an absolutely beautiful 7.5 Jackie Robinson that I grade a 7.95 - it is sweet, 2 BVG 7's or better being Berra - 7 and Hank Aaron 7.5 (very sharp card). 2 - GAI's Campanella - 7 and Snider - 7.5) Many more stars and tough cards also in there. NO MANTLE, WILLIAMS, Yankees team, Dodgers team or Mays. The cards are guaranteed unaltered or untrimmed and are as good or better than any PSA, SGC, GAI 7 I have with many being better. I'm 3+ years into this and took my time picking out the sharpest cards I could come across. The raw cards were bought for eye appeal. They are not all centered (as should be expected with the 7's) but they are perfectly uncentered which means they flow with the borders. I'm not 100% sure what to ask for this so if anyone is interested in making offers we could discuss the whole set through scans and private - e-mail and go from there to work out a deal that is fair to both parties. PM me. I check every day or two or sometimes three. I have 400+ E-bay references with 100% feedback. Thanks. Dave imageimage

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Sounds like a nice set, but if you're going to post this in this forum, you should have:

1) scans
    2) a price in mind

Some would argue that you shouldn't post any type of spam in this forum, but I think it's ok for a rarity like this. However, you should show us the cards so the ones who aren't interested can appreciate them (that's partly what this forum is for), and you should not play the "I don't know what they're worth/best offer game". We all hate that.

Lee
  • Options
    Forgive me. Something does not sound right about this. First of all. Your # 42, not #52 in ranking. Red flag # 1. If you have been doing this for 3+ years, you would know your ranking AND most importantly, you would know how much the set is worth to you.

Again, I don't know you & I wish you the best in your sale. But something doesnt sound right.

Peace
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options

It is correct - you don't know me but I'm probably one of the more honest sellers or buyers out there. I don't misrepresent anything. Read my Ebay feedback as I'm sure you've already done.

For some reason I've gone back and forth from #42 to #52 in the set a few times. At least that's the way it was on my computer. It seemed weird to me but last I checked it was #52. If it's #42 now again that's even better. Yes, it really is the truth. No red flags on this deal.

I didn't say I was on the registry for 3.5 years. I've been putting the set together for that long.

I just recently put the set to registry because I really had nothing better to do at the time.

I don't know what they are worth due to the raw cards. If they were all PSA 7's I would have a better idea of true value. No games here. How about $11,000? LMK opinions.

AND......... to me it's worth $25,000 due to the time and travels of putting it together. I Very, Very, Very, highly doubt I'll get it but to me that's what it's worth. Major separation anxiety going on right now.

I'd get deeper into the set through e-mail privately so I don't get hammered, kicked, punched and whoooooped on this board which it seems like it's the start of. I'm fairly new to these boards so please forgive me if this is spamming. No bad intent here. No games. Just looking to sell my cards.

I'd love to put a scan of some cards up but it says my files are too big. How do I change this to put some scans up? I'd love to show the "almost complete set".

• Options
    Regarding the ranking, both of you are right. Your set is #52 on the All Time finest listing and #42 on the current listing. Good luck with the sale.

David
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    so is $11k what you are asking? let us know , i want to know if I should spend the time to price the set or not. I would be interested at a fair price to both sides but having dealt with this set over the last few years , I am pretty sure 11k is way off the mark. thanks
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    No sweat themetalsign. Like I said before, sounds like you have a great set. If you can get the scan thing worked out, we'd love to see them.

Lee
  • Options
    Packcollector, If you feel 11k is off the mark just give me a number you'd be willing to pay. I just sent you a PM with some more info. Thanks. Dave
  • Options
    Lee, I can send you some to a personal e-mail if you would like to check them out. Just LMK or PM me.

• Options
    Anybody out there know how to make file sizes smaller? Mine exceed the limit to scan to this board. I would love to post some cards to look at for eye candy. I will take this over to the buy, sell, trade message board. I thought I was there already but I goofed. Sorry about that. Dave
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies so far. Just letting you know that the two checklists are included in this. Both PSA 7.
  • Options
    NeilDowneyNeilDowney Posts: 840 ✭✭
    Hi Dave, Are you trying to sell your 1956 Topps cards as a lot or would you be willing to sell me just the few that I need? Here is my wantlist. Let me know what you have and at least an idea of pricing. Thanks, Neil

Qty. Player's Name Card Need
    1 Warren Giles 2 PSA 7 White Back
    2 Ted Williams 5 PSA 7 White Back
    3 Roberto Clemente 33 PSA 7 White Back
    4 Sandy Koufax 79 PSA 7 White Back
    5 Eddie Mathews 107 PSA 7 Gray Back
    6 Willie Mays 130 PSA 7 Gray Back
    7 Ray Narleski 133 PSA 7 Gray Back
    8 Mickey Mantle 135 PSA 7 Gray Back
    9 Dave Pope 154 PSA 7 Gray Back
    10 Hershell Freeman 242 PSA 7 Gray Back
    11 Tom Gorman 246 PSA 7 Gray Back
    12 Pee Wee Reese 260 PSA 7 Gray Back
    13 George Zuverink 276 PSA 7 Gray Back
    14 Checklist 1/3 - PSA 7 Gray Back
    15 Checklist 2/4 - PSA 7 Gray Back
  • Options
    Neil, Thanks much for the interest. At this point, I will only sell as a partial set of 300. Dave Donofrio