Home Sports Talk
Options

Joe Mauer should be on the all-star team

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
This guy is phenomenal! He is hitting over .500 for the last 18 games and leading the majors in batting average. He is also a great defensive player. If/when he starts hitting for more power, he is going to be the best player in baseball.

Please vote for him to be on this years all-star team, he deserves it!

JoeBanzai
2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    I agree with you!
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    no arguement here
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree. What is his best rookie card? 03 bazooka by any chance?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,445 ✭✭
    I went to the Twins game in Seattle on Thursday afternoon - Mauer was the DH. He had 2 crisp doubles, a clean single, an intentional walk and the only out he made, the outfielder had to make a running catch to prevent another double. He hit the ball on the nose all 4 times.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely is an All-Star but lets not forget about Pujols here, He is hands down the best player in baseball.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey perk, no argument on that one. I don't see the NL very much, but if Mauer hits for more power he will be close.

He had another multi hit game tonight. He is on fire. He is approaching .400!

Puhols is absolutely number one right now.

JB

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    No argument from me. Best player in baseball might be pushing it, but best catcher certainly is possible.

His best rookie? Hopefully, the one I have - his 2002 Bowman Chrome Auto Refractor PSA 9.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He's on fire and was definitely a treat watching him and Ichiro going at it for the batting title will be a good one.

Mauer's up to .388 after tonight's game, and Ichiro is closing in on .370. Mauer is batting .515 this month...unreal!

Would be great to see those 2 both go for .400 this year down the stretch...and I think having 2 going for it would lessen the media crush that would be sure to go along with it.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be great to watch, with Pujols out and nobody to challenge the HR mark, a .400 batting average chase would be fun.