Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

WCSSPORTS1, is something up?

Take a look see at the auctions just listed by WCSSPORTS1. He is a powerseller with 100% feedback and 565 transactions. That looks good. But, he is moving 200 cards at this time and the vast majority seem to be PSA 10's. It looks as though he has the whole 1986-87 Fleer BB set up in PSA 10 as well as a ton of other high end cards.

I need to go back a do a little more research and try and determine if there is something up. The cards are blazers though!

Comments

• zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    It said user name not found. '

edit: OK, I got it. Here's a link
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    Thanks for the link Zef, good feedback, 7 day auctions, and takes PayPal. The red flags were just the sheer volume of cards being moved at one time and the amount of tough PSA 9's and 10's in the mix. Those mid 70's baseball PSA 10's have me drooling! I would love that Gem Mint 76 Bench. Lots of eye candy in those auctions.
  • let's hope they're legit.. i just placed 3 bids.. if someone smells a rat, please let me know.....
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Here is his feedback

Check out the 6th one down that he got + feedback on. I would have to think he is legit.

The 1976 Carlton PSA 10 is a 1/2 and the 78 PSA 10 Jabbar is a 1/1. I didn't see either in any registry set.

Also, all the scans are consistent and all that coupled with that he got + feedback on a $2500 card, I would not hesitate in bidding.

What an awesome collection of cards!!!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • brianwintersfanbrianwintersfan Posts: 3,626 ✭✭
    Although his pre-sale stuff breaks Ebay policy. Those 50 card lots he is selling is for product that doesn't go live until 8/15. That's way past the 30 day delivery window Ebay allows.
  • williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    I am leaning towards legit as well. Ebay has made me cynical. I have been conditioned to think "hi-jacked" account when I see literally tens of thousands of dollars worth of high end cards flood in at one time. He is going to make a mint on those cards.
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Well, if you've sold a 01 Upper Deck Pujols RC on ebay during the last few months, you should be familiar with him as he's been buying a ton of those cards under the id bsroughcutdude. From looking at his auctions and grading results, he scored a ton of 10's on those cards (if you run the certs you'll see what I mean). Funny thing is he bought several psa 8's and bgs 8.5's with low subgrades for corners and edges. Now I wonder why he had an interest in those cards? He also bought a ton of raw UD Pujols rookies, but having bought a lot of them myself over the years I can tell you that most wouldn't grade over an 8.5/9 due to slight corner chipping. Of the 15 or so I've purchased, none would have graded a 10. Usually the bottom right corner has some white showing under magnification, but that can easily be fixed, especially since those cards are generally slightly oversized L/R. He also bought some uncut sheets recently, which might be interesting depending on where he submits them.
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I wanna know how he got a 10 on this Clemens...

84 fleer Clemens

and this Jimmy Key..

84 fleer key

and this Puckett....

84 fleer Puckett
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    i hope i get the "815" grader...image

lots of nice stuff there. stellar 86 fleer set.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • This is why I...

a) Buy the card, not the grade

b ) Won't submit anything for grading

Some people get some real "generous" grades.
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    EB31, that is exactly why I stopped submitting cards also. Last year I broke open 17 sets of the 84 fleer update that my father in law had safely stored since 84, submitted every Clemens & Puckett, and did not receive one 10. There is absolutely no way on this earth in this lifetime or any other that at least a half dozen of my Clemens were not absolute gems, and certainly far better than the one in that listing.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what the 76 Bench could go for ? One of my favorite cards, i may have to take a look.

• onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    All.... I've bought from WCSSPORTS1 before. I picked up one of my PSA 10 Sabo Finest Refractors... and to my delight, it was delivered in a timely manner. I was concerned a little before bidding (always am when the bid is higher than $100) but was VERY delighted with my transaction. I'd say bid with confidence.

.... that's my $.02

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• With all those umm...high grades, the least he could do is post a 1976 Topps Pete Rose PSA 9 for me...gosh.

lol

• << <i>All.... I've bought from WCSSPORTS1 before. I picked up one of my PSA 10 Sabo Finest Refractors... and to my delight, it was delivered in a timely manner. I was concerned a little before bidding (always am when the bid is higher than $100) but was VERY delighted with my transaction. I'd say bid with confidence.

.... that's my $.02 >>

I doubt anyone here is questioning his shipping methods or delivery time. image
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Good dealer, nothing to worry about. I've bought from him a few times without any problems...

Mark
  • thanks guys, that is a relief.. i was a bit worried when someone raised the alarm seeing as i had literally just finished placing bids.. good to know everyone watches out for each other like this.. i will let my bids ride, i'm sure they will be blown out of the water any day now anyway!
  • brianwintersfanbrianwintersfan Posts: 3,626 ✭✭
    The more I look at some of these cards the more I wonder. This thing looks brutal for a 9 don't you think?? Plus the upper right corner has a funny little hook to it.

Same thing with the Oscar. The card looks to be sitting flat in the holder but yet look at the left edge of the card. It looks strange as you get towards the top left corner. Maybe a little slice and dice going on here??