Home Sports Talk

David wright article..

kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
Still cant believe we let ty wigginton go image

hall of famer?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya didn't they tout Rocco Baldelli as the next Joe Dimaggio too, ridiculas to even start that talk give me a break. Wright is a stud no doubt but let him play the game for a few more seasons and then start speculating about HOF'er material or not.
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. He has a bright future ahead but so did many, many players whose names I cannot recall.

I have Wright and Nady on my NL only team, and I wish they would move both of them up in the order.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Anyone else get the feeling that this guy has a very limited knowledge of how the HOF works? He states Dick Allen should be a HOFer, Pujols will be a HOFer, and Wright will be as well. Now Dick Allen was a very good ball player, but only had 5 or 6 decent seasons. Pujols has only 5 seasons under his belt, and last I recall, you need ten seasons to even be considered for the HOF. Wright has what 1 1/2 seasons under his belt??? Sorry, but you got to give these guys some time in the league to put up HOF worthy careers before putting them in the HOF.

I think it was Pete Rose (or maybe Goerge Brett) who said 'some guys have a Hall Of Fame game, some guys have a Hall of Fame year, but how many guys have a Hall of Fame career'?

Here's a comparison:

Gregg Jefferies at 22

Year Ag Tm Lg G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG TB
    1990 22 NYM NL 153 604 96 171 40 3 15 68 11 2 46 40 .283 .337 .434 262

David Wright at 22

Year Ag Tm Lg G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG TB
    2005 22 NYM NL 160 575 99 176 42 1 27 102 17 7 72 113 .306 .388 .523 301
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    well i have been watching baseball since the 70's.. wright is something i havent seen in a long time. i was never high on jeffries.

id say pujols and wright baring injury will have hall of fame career's.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. I say Prince Fielder will be a first ballot HOF'er. image
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I think there are a few high schoolers out there that are HOFers too.

Two words - Joe Charboneau
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    come on guys what would give you the idea im favoring wright on this subject. image
  • kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Alex Gordon - HOF class of 2032. I've all ready got my ticket.
    Travis

• << <i>well i have been watching baseball since the 70's.. wright is something i havent seen in a long time. i was never high on jeffries.

id say pujols and wright baring injury will have hall of fame career's. >>

don't get me wrong, I think Wright is a very good player right now who has the potential to become a great player. I can see him being a perennial all star at third. I just hate any talk about the Hall of Fame until a player has 7-8 HOF caliber seasons in. For every Kirby Puckett or George Brett that had the HOF type seasons year after year piling up, there's a Tony Oliva, Don Mattingly or Dwight Gooden that started strong and either fizzled out or didn't get enough time in.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)