Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can someone help me with Paypal shipping?

I would like to start using the shipping options from paypal. I have no idea what to do. I took the tour, it looks easy enough.

My Question: What size label do I need to have in my printer? Where do I get these labels? Do I have to do something special to set my printer up to print on the label properly (Alignment)? How much should I spend on a scale?

Any help would be great!

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you asked, I asked the same question buried in another thread but didn't get an answer.

I would also like to add to your question.........

Once I print a label, then do I go to USPS to add postage and delivery confirmation, or is the label printed there??

I'm with you 262, we need some help.

shawn
  • Options
    Hello. I have been using it for a few months and I love it. I just print mine on normal paper and tape the label to the front of my package. The USPS postage and delivery confirmation is printed on the label and your PayPal account is debited the correct amount (or CC is charged). You just need to know the weight of your package. I bought a small electronic scale at Staples for $30. It is a lot easier than standing in line at the Post Office and the delivery confirmation is cheaper ($0.13 versus $0.55 at Post Office).
    Jason
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Yes, no need to print it out on a lable type of paper, just print on regular paper and cut and tape it. I like how everything is deducted from my paypal account automatically. Though make sure you have the correct weight for your package, a small scale might be a good purchase.

Stingray
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advce, just printed my first label!

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    and if your taping (using clear tape) the label to your package, make sure your don't tape over any of the bar codes.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even buy a scale. Just made note of different weights depending on how many cards I ship at a t ime and that is that. I agree, it is a great feature and saves numerous trips to the PO and saves $$$ too.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I've been using PayPal shipping for my eBay sales for a while and, like the majority of folks here, I love it. I also had a link that would let me use this service for shipping other things too (like private sales). The link no longer works. Does anyone here know how to use PayPal shipping for non-eBay sales?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Edited to say: A glue stick also works well if you don't want to use tape to stick the plain-paper labels to your packages.
  • Options
    I use the USPS online shipping service and with it you get the Delivery Confirmation free with the Priority mail. You can also click a box and receive pick up from your local carrier free the next day.

Jim
    Buy anything for cheap and sell for more.