Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Crossover?

Would this be worth crossing over?

Comments

• Options
    Yupper. The new SCD holders carry 0 weight with most collectors............
  • Options
    don't have it, thinking about buying it....centering 13L/16R, 14T/16B, I did it by small pixel count, should be a touch better than 55/44 T/B and L/R...think it has a shot of a 9?
  • Options
    I've bought two cards in those holders, and both came back trimmed. Don't confuse this SCD with the old SCD (the red circle label, instead of the blue on this one).
  • Options
    It does look trimmed.
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It does look trimmed. >>

Lower right hand side? Looks odd to me.
  • Options
    I would! I think it could be a PSA 9 as I can not seewhat others have seen relative to trimming.
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Gotta ask yourself :

Why is this not already in a PSA or SGC holder ?

Also, do you feel lucky, WELL DO YOU ?

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    That top edge looks trimmed to me.

It goes from 15 on the far left, to 12 to 11...on the far right.

bottom edge 14...12

right edge does the same thing, takes about a 1 pixel change from top to bottom... I think it's been sliced and diced, and not very straight.

I would stay away unless it's unreasonably cheap or you don't mind potentially having a trimmed, raw card in your posession.

-Josh
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    It is hard for the pixel measurement to be accurate if the card is bowed in the holder, which that appears to be. It will throw off measurements as well as how it appears to the eye on scan.

Other than that, if I had a chance to buy it I wouldnt pay more than SMR for a PSA 5 at most, that way if it does happen to cross over great, and should it get turned away for whatever reason at least you didnt lay out a ton of $$ for a great looking raw Mantle from his triple crown season !
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    I'd still crack it and send it in. You could always send it back to SCD if it flunked the trimmed test. People have been bidding some pretty insane amounts on the "new" SCD cards. On vintage, I'd buy a couple of less expensive cards to crossover before laying out some big cash. There will always be another down the road.........
  • Options
    I'd bet the farm that the right side's been trimmed. Too many paper flags waving along that right side.