Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

New Lincoln Proof Registry Sets

BJ has informed me that the new sets will be up within a week of the weighting announcement.
Don
Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns

Comments

• Now the fun begins
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Once this accures,I'll add my set(1936-1958) back in.
    Don
  • Welcome back Don, I hope to be joining you in the series.

Rich
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭
    Keyrock.... ???? Lincoln proofs too! How many sets do you have?

ooops.... never mind!! ( light bulb goes off!) If you start a Lincoln Proof set... it takes the pressure off the Large cents and MS Lincolns!

Keyrock Lincoln Proof are a great series to jump into! Full speed ahead! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!

• Spooly your tough

I currently have the #2 1950 to date set. I've been waiting to see what the break up was going to be in the series before I acquired anymore wheat proofs. I think I will only do the 36 to 58 run. The Matte proofs would cut too deep into my large cent Money LOL!!

I also have about 4 upgrades and two new Lincolns to add to the 09-58 run. I think I'll be about 94% complete. I've got to keep dpoole honest. Although he kicks my but with his 14D RED!!

Rich
  • I might have to add my set in this one. I have the 53-58 and a 42 that needs to be upgraded, but with the way the Lincoln proof registry was set up, I wasn't going to put my partial set up and have an incomplete set because of the modern proofs(65-present). This adds an incentive to add those tough 36's and 37 proofs to my set.
  • GerryGerry Posts: 456
    What are the proof sets going to be -- 1909-1916, 1936-1958 and 1959 to present, or are 1909-1942 and 1950 to present in there too?

• DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like there will be four proof Lincoln sets:

a. Matte Proofs 1909-1916
    b. Early Lincolns 1909-1942
    c. Lincoln Proofs 1936-1958
    d. Lincoln Proofs 1959-present

Here's my question: Is my 1942 65Cam really going to get less points than a plain Jane 66red????? That doesn't seem right.
    Doug
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    It is my opinion that these Lincoln Proof collectors will be as good if not better than the Merc collectors.
    Don
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like some friendly war words!
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don

I also want to welcome you backimage Good luck on you set!
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• When the weights came out for the proofs I noticed the 1950 to date set was not changed. I asked David about the wheat proofs noticing that there were weights for the 1950 to date and the 1936 to 1958 set. I was under the impression that the Cents sets would split from the memorial and wheat back reverse.

David commented "We're actually going to have several redundant sets. We want to
    change the sets, but don't want to force anyone to switch their focus. We're
    going to put up the several set variations and let the Set Registrants
    decide..."

Rich