Home Sports Talk

Delgado a Met

Comments

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    you think delgado is staying? or is he dealt to boston for manny?

dont know what to think of this trade. Jacobs looked like a solid player a lot cheaper and younger.

That said i wanted delgado over beltran last year. looks like mets are shifting to win now mode again. just hope it doesnt come back to kill us like 2001-03.
  • you think delgado is staying? or is he dealt to boston for manny?

I would think so because who would play first then ?

Omar is not close to being done. Wagner is next and im still hearing Soriano's name thrown around. We still need to fill the catchers position also

I also heard a Benson for Vasquez rumor
    nady can play first. who they would platoon with olerud im hearing.

got to remember delgado didnt want to play in NY. so i got a feeling talks with boston will open up and see delgado and heilman go over to boston for manny. if all this goes down and we keep milledge ill be happy.
  • I suppose anythings possible

btw, Milledge supposedly is a terrific centerfielder, where is he going to play when he comes up ? Are they going to ask Beltran, a guy who the Mets gave a Kings randsome for, to move to another position. Im not really sure if the Mets will keep Milledge
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I don't think Manny wants to play for the Mets, as he wants to play on the west coast ... but who really knows.

I love what Florida got by the way ... Jacobs could be almost like a David Wright, and with Cabrera (who will be dealt next year or the following) as well as Hermida, the Marlins may not miss Delgado and possibly see the same production with a much lower salary.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
    well if beltran plays next year the way he did this year. you try and move him.
  • well if beltran plays next year the way he did this year. you try and move him

2 subpar years in a row, with that contract . Good Luck !
    This is getting funny with the mets now! ok we got delgado pending physicals.

gammons just reported that bannister/benson for vazquez almost done deal. wagner will except offer from mets. and now mets turn there attention to get 2nd baseman soriano. traschel mentioned in that deal.

• I also heard a Benson for Vasquez rumor

gammons just reported that bannister/benson for vazquez almost done deal

I am Peter Gammons image
    seems kind of funny how many hispanic players our gm keeps getting? they are calling him a racist on mike and the mad dog.
  • Can't wait to hear what they say when we add Molina and Soriano
  • I don't like it. I have a hunch Jacobs will be a good one.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Why trade Benson? It makes no sense.

I can see the Red Sox taking Delgado, Heilman, and Milledge for Manny. There aren't many trade scenarios that Sox management could sell Boston fans, but that might be one. I hope it doesn't happen however.

Mets fans are starting to sound like Yankee fans now, aren't they? Every position where they need help, they want to sign a major free agent. Catcher? We need Molina! Reliever? We need Wagner! 2B? Of course, we need Soriano! I am surprised I'm not hearing that the Mets need Miguel Cabrera for the outfield, and Pujols to back up Delgado at first.
  • I can see the Red Sox taking Delgado, Heilman, and Milledge for Manny.

There's no way in he!! the Mets would make that trade
  • I am surprised I'm not hearing that the Mets need Miguel Cabrera for the outfield, and Pujols to back up Delgado at first.

Sorry to have to correct you but it would be the other way around. Delgado would back up Pujols image