Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's it cost to buy a #1 rated registry set?

Are there any out there for sale?

What does one do when he has acheived the #1 set?

Inquiring minds wanna know. image

I just started a 1969 Topps Super set with the purchase of 2 PSA 10's. Only 64 to go!!!! image

Although, last night on ebay I nearly choked when an Oliva, that I was willing to step up and pay $150 for, went for over $500!!! image
Wondo

Comments

• Options
    I can tell you that one or two of the former #1 1967 topps (two words) set registrants then turned around
    and sold...since a lot of skylaneflyer's cards wound up in my hands...after he'd outbid several rabid collectors
    at prices in the 200's even when the mostly useless SMR suggested they were purely COMMONS...
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    Whatever the SMR book value is on my #1 75 Topps Mini Set........ I for one would not sell it even if offered full SMR value. I have to much of my time invested in it and I have no desire to sell it. But if someone came along and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.......who knows?

For the right price anything is for sale image

What does one do when they have acheived the #1 set?

Continue to upgrade image

You think your Oliva auction was outrageous.......I was bidding on a 68 Topps of Manny Sanguillen PSA 10 and was at $250. The winning bid was $609!!! image Perhaps this is a prime example of what happens when some reach the #1 spot and desire to keep that spot at any cost?
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    This set will be interesting to watch. I think the GPA would be about 8.82 making it #2 on the registy, .08 away from #1 and .82 ahead of #3.
  • Options
    That's quite a collection of graded cards......I wonder who owns them? One dealer or several dealers putting them together?
    I'd sure like to pick out the PSA 9's and 10's I need and just buy them. I could use 52 of the PSA 9's and 60 of the PSA 10's.
    I believe I'd be well over a GPA of 9.00 with those cards......Lol.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    That Catfish Hunter got a PSA 10 grade?

Stingray
  • Options
    I don't think I would know where to begin if I decided to sell any of my #1 sets. A few (68, 69, & 70 Topps BB) are over 9.0 and couple of other #1's working there so there is no acurate way to put a value on them them. Actually, they are not for sale but, as stated before, for the right price.......... For now, I will just continue to upgrade until bankruptcy.
    Dave C.image
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭
    Since i am not selling my Carew Master Set, i probably have $2,000 invested and it is worth about $3,000 to $3,500.