Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Have you checked your submission today....

and if so how many times. I have checked 9 times already.

Comments

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I had 3 received yesterday, so I thought I'd wait until at least noon (Pacific time) before I checked image
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    482 times so far today..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>482 times so far today.. >>

"UH-OH UH-OH...........OOOH OOOOH OOOOOO"
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I tend to find that my submissions don't show up until around 2pm CST. Only on one occassion did I have them early morning. Then of course I get the email @ 9pm CST so I can add some stuff to my registries.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Just twice so far:

<< <i>PSA Order Status for Submission # 578481

Date Received: 08/18/2005
    Date of Grades Posted: No Date Specified
    Date Shipped: No Date Specified >>

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>
    Date Received: 08/18/2005
    >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    4 @ 3.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    4 more image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    I'm waiting on a "re-slab job". They graded an Earl Averill as a Topps, I think as a PSA 2, when it is actually a Venezuelan Topps and sent in and noted in as such! ...A difference in a card being worth less than a buck (maybe 99 cents less? LOL!) or a card with very few surviving, yet graded, and worth some bucks,

come on;

PSA, I'm still waiting!

rbd

edit: I checked twice! image
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I guess I'm the only one who waits until the cards arrive in the mail and checks them one at a time. It's more fun for me that way. Plus, if something grades lower than expected, I want to be able to immediately see why it graded that way, if I can. However, my submissions to beckett have been graded so inconsistently lately that I usually can't figure out the reason for the grade even with the card in hand. Their grading, at least on my last few submissions, has been all over the place, and I used to be able to predict my grades with a high degree of accuracy.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess I'm the only one who waits until the cards arrive in the mail and checks them one at a time. It's more fun for me that way. >>

i usually do that, but this time its taking sooooooooooo friggin long..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I have checked about 10 times today....one of my submissions showed up! Woooo hoooo!
    I have a feeling the other will will be another 3-4 weeks but it wont stop me from checking! image
  • Options
    My grades came in yesterday! PSA received 10/7 and grades show up 10/12......WoW....another fine effort!

• Options
    Minimaster
    was your submission free club, a monthly special, or....what service did you purchase for your turnaround to be that fast?
  • Options
    I'm such an OCD checker -- I could probably put all of you to shame!!! image
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    If someone would give me their submission number and zip, I'll check for them....I'm bored. and don't have any submission at PSA currently....That reminds me, I'll send one off tomorrow. Yipppeee Skipppeeee
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    Barry,

I submitted under the October Special #2. Had 77 cards! All 75 Topps Mini's.
  • Options
    3 more times
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Too many times this week (sub received 10/3).
  • Options
    Minimaster
    One of my subs was a #500 Ryan mini...PSA 8. Im pleased! But that was the only mini I sent in.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I guess I'm the only one who waits until the cards arrive in the mail and checks them one at a time. It's more fun for me that way. Plus, if something grades lower than expected, I want to be able to immediately see why it graded that way, if I can. However, my submissions to beckett have been graded so inconsistently lately that I usually can't figure out the reason for the grade even with the card in hand. Their grading, at least on my last few submissions, has been all over the place, and I used to be able to predict my grades with a high degree of accuracy. >>

I've never experienced better grades if I check 20 times a day, so I don't see a reason to do so.

• Options
    Im with a couple of the other guys. Ill check to see if the grading has been done and that the cards have been sent, but I will wait until the cards are in my hand before I see the grades. I kind of do what SDavid does....estimate the grade and then look.

I found out that this method makes the fun last longer. When I had my first submission pop, I looked at the grades and then, 5 seconds later, the fun was over. Now, I take them out 1 at a time, estimate the grade and see how I did.

For whatever reason, I just enjoy it more that way.

To each their own.
  • Options

<< <i>I found out that this method makes the fun last longer. >>

the fun wears out for me after waiting too long.. kinda like a chick that wont put out..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    With my subs, I do something very silly. When the grades are posted, I copy the results without looking at them and paste them into Excel. I then hide the columns and then write some formulas telling me if I have more 8s than 6s (or 3x more 8s than 6s), standard deviations, least squares analysis from my expected grades and other games like those. It makes the suspense and thrill last longer. image
  • Options
    once more
  • Options
    As expected (since it's been 9 business days - the typical time), the grades were posted this afternoon. Haven't looked at them yet but I hope I got the Friday Afternoon Grading Bump. image