Home Sports Talk
Options

These kids have nerves of steel

Cano makes a Rookie base running blunder and causes the Yankees a run, so what does this kid do next? He simply hits a go ahead 2 run blast. For the month of September Cano is batting .394 with 5 Home Runs.

Another win for Wang. Many ground balls back to the mound for unassisted outs. In his previous start against the Orioles Wang came 2 shy of breaking a Major League record for unassisted outs by a pitcher.

Cano and Wang are brought to you by the Yankees Farmless Farm System.

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    When Wang fields a grounder does he race to first himself to record the putout? I dunno, I've never seen him play so I'm curious about this near-record.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Cano better hit because he can't field for chit or run the bases.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>When Wang fields a grounder does he race to first himself to record the putout? I dunno, I've never seen him play so I'm curious about this near-record. >>

<< <i>Cano better hit because he can't field for chit or run the bases. >>

Hands of stone he has - don't be surprised to see him traded next year for a more solid glove at 2B.
  • Options
    They already offered Cano and Wong (I think) earlier in the season to Arizona (I think) and were turned down.
  • Options

<<They already offered Cano and Wong (I think) earlier in the season to Arizona (I think) and were turned down>>

Yes, that is correct. After all, the Yankees did not have anyone in their Farmless Farm System worth a can of beans. image

<<Hands of stone he has - don't be surprised to see him traded next year for a more solid glove at 2B>>

Yeah, right....the Red Sox would salivate to have a young star 2B man like Cano. The Yankees will not be trading the next "Rod Carew" as Torre has refered to Cano. As far as base running and fielding Cano is making typical Rookie mistakes. When the Yankees brought him up form the Minors they realized there would be growing pains but it has turned out very well. It seems like every game he has made a key error he has more than atoned for it with an awesome offensive display. Cano makes the double play very well and is a much better fielder than Soriano. He will get better with a little time.

By the way, Jeter had many errors his first year in the Minors, I recall 25+ or something like that.
  • Options

<< <i>the Red Sox would salivate to have a young star 2B man like Cano >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Thanks! I needed a good laugh this evening...I would rather have sure handed second basemen like Graffanino and Cora any day, at least you can count on their defense in big spots (unlike Cano, who has made error after error in big spots this season). Besides, if the Yanks like him so much, why did they jump all over Bellhorn after we released him?

Next season, you'll see the Red Sox' top pick in the 2004 draft, Dustin Pedroia at 2B, so you can see what a good young prospect is supposed to look like. He's currently considered the #1 2B prospect in the minors by Baseball America.
  • Options

<< <i>When Wang fields a grounder does he race to first himself to record the putout? I dunno, I've never seen him play so I'm curious about this near-record. >>

By the way, you never answered this.
  • Options

<<unassisted outs.>>

My bad. What I meant was assists. I probably sounded like Yogi.

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    and in other news:

THE GIANTS GOT PUNKED!!!!!!

doh!

JS
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. That's kinda what I thought you meant, but I also know - by virtue of this forum - that players are capable of super-human acts when donning the pinstripes.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< and in other news: THE GIANTS GOT PUNKED!!!!!! doh! JS>>

Yeah, they did. Eli had a pretty impressive game. What about all the hype? Is he really going to be better than Peyton like the press was saying when the Giants signed him? By the way, you hijacked my thread. LOL
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    congrats, your boys will now be on every Tomlinson highlight reel as long as the guy plays! The only god thing is the guy I was
    playing this week in fantasy football had the Giants Defense....BAM

JS