Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA 50s Set Registry Special ???

There are several posts relating to the 50s set registry special PSA is running. The topic is also on other boards as well.

I was concerned because I am planing on submitting a little over 200 cards, which for me is quite a bit in quantity and cost. While I believed I had understood the critera, other's thoughts made me a bit wary.

So I called PSA customer service, spoke to a rep. named Shane, who was quite friendly and informative. I hope his knowledge and my grasp of it, will aid in ending the confusion.

Each special PSA offers may vary in the qualification or limits required for submission. Dates, time frames, card sizes, card values, quantity submitted, return delivery, and/or other factors are not always the same. The regular submission services will always be the same until posted otherwise.

As for the 50s special now running, it is my understanding that any standard, regular sized issue from 1950 thru 1959 will be accepted if the current SMR value for a NM/MT 8 is $ 499.00 or less.
This seems to confirm what Joe Orlando spoke of at the National Convention, to the affect that it is simpler to use a dollar amount which one may verify, rather than a subjective concept like star or semi-star.

imageText
This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.

Comments

• Options
    WHA???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    WHAT??? is right. Where did the value of a PSA 8 come from???? I have always heard and read psa 6 as the declared value.. Anyone..
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options

<< <i>WHAT??? is right. Where did the value of a PSA 8 come from???? I have always heard and read psa 6 as the declared value.. Anyone.. >>

Don't confuse "declared value" with "non-star values". Two different things. Just like with the 1972+ Special they ran, every single card qualifies because there are no cards valued at $500 or over in PSA 8. As far as what you put down for "declared value", it's just for shipping and insurance. For me, I just put down what I paid for it since that's the replacement value.

I had said in the other thread that there are, at most, 23 star cards in the 1957 set. Using the criteria of $500 or below at PSA 8, that makes it only 12 - which I would go along with.