Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How many people are in the baseball Hof?

anyone know off hand?

Comments

• Options
    I believe 260
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the HOF is closed right now (it's night-time), there's probably no one there.

Come tomorrow morning and it reopens for the day, there should be several hundred thereimage

Steve
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    very funny steve! still sour over the cowboys game i see? LOL just kidding!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>very funny steve! still sour over the cowboys game i see? LOL just kidding! >>

Why yes I amimage

So what's yer point?

Actually, I wasn't even thinkin' about the Charger's fiasco last weekend when I posted that. It was just the first thing that made it's way into my warped craniumimage

Steve

Oh by the way, I will now be rooting for the 'Boys the rest of the seasonimage

(at least until and if a miracle happens and the Cowboys and Chargers both make it to the Super Bowl, at which time I will of course have to continue rooting for the Chargers)
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭
    Got internet? www.baseballhalloffame states 258 in.
    Proud of my 16x20 autographed and framed collection - all signed in person. Not big on modern - I'm stuck in the past!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here'a a nice site with all 258 plaques.

Pretty cool.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Aren't Abbott and Costello the only non baseball people in the Hall Of Fame for their routine Who's On First?
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Heres a quote from the BHOF web page
    There are currently 260 members in the National Baseball Hall of Fame, including 2005 Inductees Wade Boggs and Ryne Sandberg. Included are 195 former major league players, 24 executives or pioneers, 17 Negro leaguers, 16 managers, and eight umpires. The Baseball Writers' Association of America has elected 102 former players to the Hall of Fame, while the Hall of Fame Committee on Baseball Veterans has elected 149 candidates (92 major leaguers, 24 pioneers/executives, 16 managers, nine Negro leaguers, and eight umpires). The defunct Committee on Negro Leagues selected nine members between 1971-1977. The Hall of Fame currently has 62 living members.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Heres a quote from the BHOF web page
    There are currently 260 members in the National Baseball Hall of Fame, including 2005 Inductees Wade Boggs and Ryne Sandberg. Included are 195 former major league players, 24 executives or pioneers, 17 Negro leaguers, 16 managers, and eight umpires. The Baseball Writers' Association of America has elected 102 former players to the Hall of Fame, while the Hall of Fame Committee on Baseball Veterans has elected 149 candidates (92 major leaguers, 24 pioneers/executives, 16 managers, nine Negro leaguers, and eight umpires). The defunct Committee on Negro Leagues selected nine members between 1971-1977. The Hall of Fame currently has 62 living members. >>

Thanx Baseball
    Looks like they need to update their plaque page?

<< <i>Hall of Famer Plaques
    View each of the 258 Hall of Fame plaques, from Cobb and Ruth to Eckersley and Molitor. More >>

OK, I figured out what has happened - although they updated the "internal" list of actual plaques, they didn't update the "Link" where the statement is....should read 260...

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Aren't Abbott and Costello the only non baseball people in the Hall Of Fame for their routine Who's On First

Yes, that's technically answer to the oft-asked trivia question, but I'd say not exactly true depending what you mean by "in" the Hall of Fame. They certainly weren't elected in any fashion, and there are plenty of other actors similarly "in" the HOF. Tom Hanks and Geena Davis are in the Hall of Fame, as there are (or at least were last time I was there) pictures of them from "A League of Their Own". Etc. I'd bet there's a picture of Tim Robbins from Bull Durham somewhere in there too, which is ironic of course, after the Hall didn't want him or Susan Sarandon to attend a few years ago due their political posturing.

But I think the A&C display is certainly the most permanent and prominent (and appropriate) display of it's type, so it's probably a fair answer to the question.