Home Sports Talk

How many players in the baseball hall of fame?

any help?

Comments

• DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭
    You got access to the internet? Regards......image
    Proud of my 16x20 autographed and framed collection - all signed in person. Not big on modern - I'm stuck in the past!
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    yeah yeah! but i thought someone might now off the top of there head!
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    There are currently 260 members in the National Baseball Hall of Fame, including 2005 Inductees Wade Boggs and Ryne Sandberg. Included are 195 former major league players, 24 executives or pioneers, 17 Negro leaguers, 16 managers, and eight umpires. The Baseball Writers' Association of America has elected 102 former players to the Hall of Fame, while the Hall of Fame Committee on Baseball Veterans has elected 149 candidates (92 major leaguers, 24 pioneers/executives, 16 managers, nine Negro leaguers, and eight umpires). The defunct Committee on Negro Leagues selected nine members between 1971-1977. The Hall of Fame currently has 62 living members.

I was browsing the site and I never knew Roger Maris was Not in the Hall. Interesting site.
    thanks goose!!
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no Dallas Cowboys in there in case you were wondering.

baseball steve baseball! you are still getting a little worried that your gonna have roy williams in your avatar after week 5? LOL
    Kuhlmann - I've got a beautiful action picture of a "real" quarterback by the name of Donovan McNabb all picked out for you after the Cowboys lose. Of course the Cowboys haven't had a real quarterback there since Troy retired - just a bunch of washed up, over the hill vets, and draft picks who can't play. I told all of you here last year how Drew Henson is a Jerry Jones absolute stiff pick who will never win in the NFL. You all defended him like he was the next coming of Roger Staubach - now you should all be realizing that this guy is just a slightly better version of Ryan Leaf - which means he stinks.

Drew Henson is a Jerry Jones absolute stiff pick who will never win in the NFL. You all defended him like he was the next coming of Roger Staubach - now you should all be realizing that this guy is just a slightly better version of Ryan Leaf - which means he stinks

last time i checked steve..... parcells and company gave up on him also! he is now 3rd string! and please dont ever mention mcslobb in the same sentence as aikman! 3 rings no chokes vs.- 4 chokes! come on now!

• Of course the Cowboys haven't had a real quarterback there since Troy retired - just a bunch of washed up, over the hill vets, and draft picks who can't play.

washed up vet seemed to do enough to win NFC Player of the Week

Bledsoe

Bledsoe had a good game but even Willie Mays when he was washed up used to hit a home run once in a while. Bledsoe isn't all that old yet but he is beat up. The NFL is a 16 week marathon, not a sprint so we'll see how Bledsoe does as the season progresses. I think you'll see Bledsoe's stats at some point start to tail off throughout the year especially when he gets a strong dose of the Eagles defense.