Home Sports Talk
Options

Peerless Price Released

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
How much of this is Price's inability acclimate to being a #1 receiver, and how much blame should lie at the feet of Vick? It's easy to make the claim that Price never had the ability to be a big time #1 receiver, (i've seen it first hand in tampa when Alvin Harper was signed away from Dallas years ago, and he never did anything).

But I can't help but think that Vick's lacking in the passing game sure didn't help things. Vick's never (at least in my opinion) going to develop into a top flight QB, he has too many physical abilities that enables him to bypass the whole passing part of being a QB.

Am I alone in thinking that Vick at least shares equal blame in Price's fall from grace in Atlanta? Or is this simply a case of Peerless getting in over his head?

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree with you. I was surprised to see Price get released today, and can see how Vick could take some of the blame. People tend to overlook his weak passing skills, because he can move a team in so many other ways. But, a top QB needs to do it all, and Vick never seems to be able to do that. I'll bet Price hooks up with another team quickly.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I agree with you. I was surprised to see Price get released today, and can see how Vick could take some of the blame. People tend to overlook his weak passing skills, because he can move a team in so many other ways. But, a top QB needs to do it all, and Vick never seems to be able to do that. I'll bet Price hooks up with another team quickly. >>

I heard he had been demoted to the second team recently, which was a shock that he was essentially a first round pick (what atlanta gave up to get him).

I bet he'd be a tremendous fit in Philly.
  • Options
    I haven't been following the news lately, but this is of little surprise to me. He looked bad in '03, but the excuse was that Vick was gone... he looked bad in '04, but the excuse was that it was Vick's fault. Sure Vick isn't a great passer, but Price has lost a step. Luckily the Falcons picked up on it and drafted Michael Jenkins in ’04 and Roddy White this year, both are faster than Price. He was demoted in training camp, and he had issues with that; namely, he doesn't play special teams, and it would be ill advised for the Falcons to use a primary receiver on special teams. The Falcons have pretty good depth at WR so they cut their losses with him. I think he’ll find a home quickly too, and Philly was my first guess as well.

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see him in Philly, although that is doubtful.

I was surprised as well, and here is my take.

In 2003, Price did not have a QB. In 2004, same thing. I do not want to sound like I am bashing Vick - I do not not have any feelings good or bad towards the Falcons. I just do not see Vick as a legit NFL QB and I cannot see how you can create an offense designed for Vick. has. Another reason was that Price is not a number one receiver. Having Moulds in Buffalo definitely helped Price, and he simply was overmanned last season in Atlanta.

The Eagles already have a headcase in TO, and I heard that Price was disruptive in the locker room. I do not know if that is accurate however.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Cowboys | Interested in Price
    Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:42:37 -0700

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys have spoken to the agent of free agent WR Peerless Price (Falcons), and the two sides have scheduled more talks for Wednesday, Aug. 31. The Cowboys are interested in Price mainly because of QB Drew Bledsoe's presence with the team. With Bledsoe as his quarterback with the Buffalo Bills in 2002, Price caught a career-high 94 passes for 1,252 yards and nine touchdowns. "With Drew's relationship with Peerless, that's something we'd like to explore," said Price's agent, Tim McGee
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    How about that - he'd be a perfect fit in Dallas, also. The Falcons will continue to be no better than a 9-7 team behind a Vick led offense, while Price will make whatever team he winds up with better.