Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dropped almost $10,000 on mastronet last night what do you think ???

Hey all i picked up 34 mint 1957 baseball cards pop's range from 4-20 mostly commons some semi stars and tough series. I would love to know if you think i paid a fair price about $275 ea. with everything??? If anyone wants to see they were lots 785 786 789 thanks to all once again for all the help!
Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb

Comments

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    That is a big chunck of change, what is SMR for PSA 9s for 75? Wonder what they typically go for on Ebay? I would hope though that spending that kind of money, you would know ahead of time whether you are getting a good deal or does not matter to you how much it cost. Enjoy those cards.

Stingray

P.S. Looks like on Ebay some PSA 9s have gone for anywheres from $260+ to $300+ for common/semi-star.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I don't think that you are going to make a huge profit flipping them, if that is your goal. Once you add listing fees, Ebay final value fees, Paypal fees, plus your time - even a 10% profit goes away...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    I'd say you didn't overpay, if that's what you're asking.

Those are really nice cards to acquire for personal collection also.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I think if you are happy with what you bought, then that's all that matters.
  • jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I think you are totally bonkers.

Welcome to the club! image
  • I think they went at a fair price, and perhaps you could make a decent profit for flipping, if that's your aim. The action on common vintage 9's is extremely unpredictable, but it does not look like you overpaid. To make a profit on these guys however, you need to have underpaid by a good 25%, and I'm not sure you were able to do that.

In a similar vein, what do you guys think of where this lot went?

Andrew
  • Thanks for all the replies these are for my set which is 99% i just need some reassurance i didn't over pay. My wife is packing her stuff i better help.
    Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb