Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Show at the Tacoma Dome August 26,27,28

As i have recently moved from So. Cal to Vancouver,WA, i was driving up to see the Angels play Seattle today. I saw this huge Dome flashing a baseball card and coin show Aug 26th-Aug 28th. Anyone ever been to this show? Any vintage? And i mean older than 1982(lol).
I definitely plan on going. If the prices are good i will move some Gold coins while i am there.

Comments

• Options
    Haven't been there in a couple of years, but was thnking about trying it out again. Last time, there were about 10 tables of vintage stuff, and I did find some stuff that I was collecting then (67 raw and Steve Carlton). It started to look like the show was getting smaller and when I was there last, the beanie baby stands were 1/4 of the tables... Sad, but true...
    Always looking for 1967 OPC's.
  • Options
    Some good vintage and PSA dealers there. They are 'ok' shows. Its nice to meet folks up there. The Seattle area has a pretty large collecting base.

We moved back to the midwest last November, otherwise Id be there.

Its like $5 to park and $7 for entry I think. Best day is Saturday usually. Some dealers dont even set up Friday. Might even run into the 'King' there image
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com
  • Options
    I will be setting up at the show, I think I will be in the lobby. I have alot of baseball from 1952 to 1975. Some graded and some raw. Come by and say hi.

Lou
    Working on the following raw centered EX+ to EX/MT sets:
    1955 Topps Set - 92% Complete
    1956 Topps Set - 100% Complete
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Carew29 wrote:

<< <i>As i have recently moved from So. Cal to Vancouver,WA, i was driving up to see the Angels play Seattle today. >>

Cool! I was at that Sat. game, too. See the ...your favorite ticket thread -- I posted a scan of my ticket to the game and asked if anyone was going. Darn! Wish you would've noticed that -- we could have shaken hands -- which would've been the highlight of that darn game. I did get a little sunburned sitting down the left field line. I bought a set of the Donruss Mariners team set. That's got some nice cards of a few of the young guys Seattle's playing right now. Wish "The Kid" (Hernandez) was in the set!

I didn't notice the Tacoma Dome ad. My wife and I drove up from the Portland/Vancouver area, too. We ended up going to Snohomish for an overnight stay so we could check out antique stores. (I found a bunch of overpriced baseball stuff and bought nothing on that trip.)

I'll have to see if I can find some cash to make another Seattle run...if only it wasn't such a long drive up I5.

Thanks for the tip!

hh

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I did it right for the day. Got the parking at Union station ( closest spot to get out first), Ticket was ISLE 121 ROW 5 SEAT 9,10 . I could have thrown a piece of gum and hit Sexson standing at first base. I couldn't believe batting practice. Ichiro was hitting them off of the right field windows above the right field seats. As i wore shorts to the game my knees got fryed. Only negative was the no leg room . Your knees literally touch the seat in front of you. Also with only 3 or 4 exits most of our time was spent getting out of the ballpark. It took me less time to catch the freeway. I will say one thing, the Seattle fans are loyal. ***phillyfan*** i will look for you. I will be the brave one wearing the Angel capimage.
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    C29,

Yeah, there was a large group of LAA fans behind us along the left-field line yelling, "Let's go Angels". They got away with it once, but the second time they started up they out yelled! That was more competitive than what the game provided!

hh