Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ahhh............It's Frustrating

I need about 20 more cards to complete my 55 Topps set in PSA 5-7. I was diligent in sticking to my guns of paying 75 to 80% of SMR (except for my Williams 6 which I paid $300 for) for the cards I've bought so far. I realize that the last 20 or so are going to be the toughest (stars and second series high numbers) so I've been bidding 90% or so on them and I can't win a thing. I've bid up to SMR on a few recently and didn't win any of those either. No real point to my post other than its tough because I want to buy some cards but I'm trying to stay within reason. I'll get there someday! Have a great evening everyone, it's a beautiful night here in Philly sans all the T.O. BS.

Regards,

Scott

Comments

• Options
    I have about 7 or 8 cards from 55 in 7's with NQ. What cards do u need??

Good luck!!
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Have a great evening everyone, it's a beautiful night here in Philly sans all the T.O. BS.
    >>

Must have missed it. Has Terrell been in the news lately ?

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> Have a great evening everyone, it's a beautiful night here in Philly sans all the T.O. BS.
    >>

Must have missed it. Has Terrell been in the news lately ? >>

Mike
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Ray Lewis was on the radio today saying that the last time he checked the Patriots were the Super Bowl champs (it still hurts to say that) and he was sick and tired of hearing about TO and the Eagles all the time. Said when he gets off the practice field he wants to watch some sports not the Guiding Light. Pretty funny.

thesplendidsplinter
    I need the following:
    Gilliam
    Hal Smith
    Aaron
    Joe Collins
    Koufax
    Clemente
    Bauer
    Casagrande
    Brodowski
    Zauchin
    Labine
    Humberto Robinson
    Ferrarese
    Mays
    Roebuck
    Wade
    Berra
    Lollar
    Frank Smith
    Gene Freese
    Ray Moore
    Snider

Thanks.

Scott
  • Options
    Numbers my friend
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    It's makes perfect sense to me that the most difficult cards in a vintage set can't be had for less than book. Like you, everyone else has filled in the easier cards and now the competition is fierce for the scarcities and the big dogs. '55 Koufax, Clemente and Williams generally can't be won by bidding 90% of SMR -- though it's certainly possible if you're patient enough.

In some sets, the tough commons and semis can sell for several times SMR. I think you're gonna have to boost your bids past the magic number in the guide for these.
  • Options

Thanks.

Scott
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club image I began to get just as frustrated and decided to take a little breather...

Was semi-snipe bidding on the Mays with 1 minute remaining. 60%, 75%, and 90% of smr later, I still didn't get it. I came this close to paying 110% and actually started to kick myself for not.

They will come, it just takes some time, patience, and smart bidding.

Good luck!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Ray Lewis was on the radio today saying that the last time he checked the Patriots were the Super Bowl champs (it still hurts to say that) and he was sick and tired of hearing about TO and the Eagles all the time. >>

For once, Ray Lewis says something intelligent! How about that...
  • Options
    Stown
    Thanks for the words of encouragement.

ctsoxfan
    Don't be hatin on my Birds image
  • Options
    Ahhhhh.......what a little whining can do! (still haven't learned how to post a picture)

Brodowski