Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My National pick-ups (w/scans)

Had a good time in Chicago -- two days at the National with a game at Miller Park squeezed in between. Picked-up the five cards (below) and I took the plunge and finally joined PSA. Submitted 22 (12 on the 2-year membership, 10 more on the July Registry Special) of the best of my "big 5" (Aaron, Mays, Clemente, Mantle & Koufax). I'm on pins and needles waiting for the grades (they just got into the pipeline last night)...wish me luck!

One of my all-time favs, the only Topps card with all three...

And the one I went up to Chicago for...

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sounds and looks like you did well.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Paleo...................VERY NICE pick-ups ! That '64 Koufax is one of my favorite cards in the '64 set ! Good luck on your submission !........Robbyimage
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Very nice pick-ups indeed! It goes to show how nice a PSA 7 can be - the Koufax and Aaron cards are especially sharp!
  • Options
    Those are very sharp sevens. Why someone would spend thousands of dollars more for cards that can't look much better than those is beyond me. 66 Clemente has always been one of my favorite cards of Roberto.
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options

<< <i>One of my all-time favs, the only Topps card with all three... >>

Imagine if you could get all three sigs on that card....

Very nice cards...i especially like the top koufax card.
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Very pretty cards. Thanks for posting them.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very, VERY nice! Love that 63 Aaron - nicely centered with no print spots in the solid green and little picture area. Not an easy combination to get. A real beauty. Other cards are very nice also.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Nice Friggin Scans.

'66 Topps #215 worth the price of admission huh?

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>One of my all-time favs, the only Topps card with all three... >>

Imagine if you could get all three sigs on that card....

Very nice cards...i especially like the top koufax card. >>

One of the top sets in the HOF Autograph Registry has all three signatures on the card, all ball-point, very very nice.

Andy, let us know the grades on your submissions when they come in, you always had some really sweet cards that you had picked up raw. It should be fun to see the grades.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I love your cards. A high-end or even just a solid 7 that's well centered beats the hell out of a slider 8 with fish-eyes and 70/30 centering any day. You bought the cards, not the flips!
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. Since I started buying slabbed, the one mantra from these boards that I've taken to heart is: "Buy the card, not the holder." I'm glad to see the appreciation for well-centered 7's in this context. When I get my grades, I may run another quiz similar to this thread from last year -- I'll post the raw images and you guys can guess the grades...

Andy
  • Options
    Great scans! Thanks~

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    CuseSteveCuseSteve Posts: 106 ✭✭

One of the top sets in the HOF Autograph Registry has all three signatures on the card, all ball-point, very very nice.

just doing a quick scan, I didnt see it...brumbach, you dont remember who it was do you?

I would love to see that card....

Thanks
    Steve

Always looking for signed Cowboys items from the 'Landry years'
  • Options
    Ullr's top set has the card under the Clemente listing, click on the pick and the card with all three sigs should show up.
  • Options
    CuseSteveCuseSteve Posts: 106 ✭✭
    DUH...thanks I was just looking at each Aaron card listed....I assumed that's how it would be listed...and we all know the story about what happens when you assume!Thanks for the help!
    Steve
    Always looking for signed Cowboys items from the 'Landry years'
  • Options

<< <i>One of the top sets in the HOF Autograph Registry has all three signatures on the card, all ball-point, very very nice. >>

which set is it, brum?